Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,192 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard

Sorry but I call it like I see it. Anyone else have a different opinion?
Ouch, but I'd rather have it straight up than sugar coated. Just for giggles, here's the link to the other bike if you don't mind........

https://app.box.com/s/xgm2vhabp7qtsaut5n1putgbtti54t5g

Old 07-03-2015, 10:07 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadie13
Ouch, but I'd rather have it straight up than sugar coated. Just for giggles, here's the link to the other bike if you don't mind........

https://app.box.com/s/xgm2vhabp7qtsaut5n1putgbtti54t5g

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

It has a better Lambda table because it was reset to original. The VE's on the front cylinder are a mess, the back cylinder seems to have some adjustments but doubtful he tuned in the 5000 to 7000 RPM areas which have edits. That means he did a cut and paste from something or just took a whole swath of cells at one time and changed them like he did to your timing tables (which are crap)

Good news is... all the other tables are fine because he didn't touch them. Not even the EGR tables which VTune 3 was designed to do.

There I go again... just telling it like I see it.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:50 PM
hosh
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm no expert, Is my observation of very rich VE's in the low kpa correct Wiz? Looks to me like it would look ok if you viewed it in a mirror.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:54 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by hosh
I'm no expert, Is my observation of very rich VE's in the low kpa correct Wiz? Looks to me like it would look ok if you viewed it in a mirror.
Some what negated by the 1.0 Lambda. Lean...

This is one of the reasons why the pipes are turning blue... too lean = too hot.

Old 07-04-2015, 12:13 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

In my opinion your tune is crap and the tuner doesn't comprehend the concept.

Sorry but I call it like I see it. Anyone else have a different opinion?
You are far to kind.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:13 AM
hosh
Advanced

Some what negated by the 1.0 Lambda. Lean...

This is one of the reasons why the pipes are turning blue... too lean = too hot.
I see. It's leaner than a vtune AFR.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:18 PM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Fixed my bike, opened my backpack, ad my laptop is busted up.
Interesting, why is it that a DNI-176-04.mt9 file makes AFR available and no opportunity to set Lambda- because the tune is 2006-2011, and my Fat Boy is a 2010 which I thought was Lambda. Also, setting AFR to 14.6 except for 100kpa, alomg with PE set at 10,000, Mastertune said I was in Open Loop mode when I had went for a V-tune ride that Monday I was run off the road.
Please, school me.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Snipehutton
Novice
Default In Deep

I have looked all over and couldn't find similar probs with answers, so hoping someone knows a solution. Have been step by step over both tts tuning manual, and the TTS for dummies and something is wrong. Im running a 06 FXDBI 1450cc, with Python pipes and SE air cleaner. I loaded Calibration ANP141-03-AO into the ECM and it loaded correctly. (Updated both firmware, and checked that software was properly installed.) Next I*'ll set up my interface to record the data for V-tune using the 4 pin mode and selecting data for v-tune. says I can connect and ride and analyze data with data master, then I load the recorded from interface and save the information. Pull up V-tune and load the3 files, starting with the original ANP141-03-AO as mastertune calibration file. Next I load the recorded data files and the program analyzes and it had me click to save my new calibration and said I need more tuning. The only problem is it hasnt edited or changed anything except a minor spark adjustment on a few cells front and back. When I'm in v-tune it has me click spark assist on, and only gives the option for "no fuel processing" No other way to hit "next"
Basically, I'm not getting the screens where everything has been adjusted. If I compare every table on table selection to the original, there are no edits or changes in any of them. Now my bike coughs through the air cleaned very frequently, like six times a minute, the bike backfires sending neighbors divintg for the bushes thinking they are being shot at. I'm at a loss? Seems to me it's getting worse
Thanks for any help or advice, I'll keep reading here and see if I can come up with something I'm missing or not doing.
By the way, I got the TTS because the P.O.S. Power commander III usb I had on the bike took a crap, so I'm way more happy with the TTS and its capabilities, just need to get it to work on my bike is all. I personally think every one w/ one of the PC# units should take it and thr4ow it as hard as they can against a wall, after trying and seeing just a bit of the TTS and its programs. But could the old PC maps that used to be on my ECM have something way out of whack?

Old 07-09-2015, 05:55 AM
nottaway
Tourer

Is your cal file type .MT9?

If not you should use Vtune 2 not Vtune 3 with any file older than MT9.

Which injectors do you have?

That cal file is for open loop operation, don't the 06 FXDBs have O2 sensors?

The calibration listing says not to use the 141 cals anymore so that indicates to me that it won't be compatible with VT3 which is most likely why it only allows spark assist in drop down.

I would recommend doing what the manual recommends and use a 176 cal closest to your build and adjust the engine size and displacement in the parameters.

Maybe - CAE176-04? I'm not on the PC with my tuning files so I cant confirm that file is MT9 though.....

Last edited by nottaway; 07-09-2015 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Snipehutton
Novice
Default right on, thanks

Yeah, you're definitely right about the loaded calibration. I will put the one you recommended in as soon as its back together as it's the one I also came up with. Glad you replied because it was something so simple that I wouldn't have ever seen it right there in front of my face. As far as the backfiring, or spitting, out the air cleaner, I'm sure I have a leak where the system somewhere, so I'm starting at the manifold and working back. It was so lean, (Both from wrong calibration, and air leak) that the rear plug was shot in less than 20 miles just trying to tune it. I'll update when I'm back to programming and let you know how it went. Thanks again. OH, the injector size Im not sure of, I have the part number and am looking that up in a minute, but I think it may be the 25 instead of the 8s. I'll know before I program./

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information