Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 03:46 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

What was your 02 sensor voltage at while stumbling?

What I'm saying is... I can't fix it but you can look at the data to see where the fuel mixture changes due to heat and make the necessary adjustments in MasterTune.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:33 PM
mr_gdr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 sensor

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
What was your 02 sensor voltage at while stumbling?

What I'm saying is... I can't fix it but you can look at the data to see where the fuel mixture changes due to heat and make the necessary adjustments in MasterTune.
I appreciate all the help I have received from you, I don't know how to send you the zip file of my data, the best I can figure out, because it was a long ride and trying to figure out where it faltered was a little difficult, I think I found two times that it did falter, the first time was O2 sensor voltage reading was front cylinder 560 rear cylinder 340, the second time was front cylinder 600 rear cylinder 280. the reading seems to be all over the board from as high as 1600 to as low as the 280.
I have the file as a zip, I will try to send it.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
2015-r03.zip (71.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-23-2015, 10:27 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Getting a slight cough from intake during warmup on cold start. Only does it once or twice then goes away after warming up. Plugs look fine. Should I increase the warmup enrichment and or the lambda at first column 5-10% to see if it helps. Once warm doesn't happen again.

Old 06-24-2015, 06:55 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by slyedog
Getting a slight cough from intake during warmup on cold start. Only does it once or twice then goes away after warming up. Plugs look fine. Should I increase the warmup enrichment and or the lambda at first column 5-10% to see if it helps. Once warm doesn't happen again.

Describe the physics... what happens or why a bike would cough through the manifold during cold start. The answer will take you to the correct table or mechanical fix.

Think it through. Same goes for these guys with hot stumbling.

Not trying to be cryptic or a smart ***... Somethings can't be fixed from across the country on the internet. You must gather and analyze the data and put your mind to work. If it were my bike I would have to do the same thing.

(Note: There may be more than one table to adjust or it may not be a tuning issue at all. Remember that you can't tune a broken bike or one that doesn't have components that work well together but you can find a broken bike while tuning. Things not working well doesn't necessarily mean you have a bad tune or tuner.)

Old 06-25-2015, 06:13 AM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used the old TTS for dummies, made notes to follow and tuned my 2013 with no problems. Now after downloading the newest updates, I have no idea where to start or what file to load. I thought I had seen a section to follow weeks ago but don't know where it is now.
2013 Electra Glide Standard, De-Catted factory header with free flowing slip ons, K&N filter and Bracket. What file matches this bike?

Old 06-25-2015, 06:58 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

open up your existing MT8 file you previously tuned for your bike and copy all tables
open up file DAA044-01 and paste the tables you copied from your previous file to this file
save and flash that then go run a few vtune runs and you should be done

Old 06-26-2015, 06:21 AM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you, Ill give it a try Saturday.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:46 AM
Wmitz
Road Master
Received 187 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Info

There is an interesting thread over on the HTT forums called TTS w/Autotune. It gets interesting about halfway thru when Steve Cole (TTS) chimes in. Good insight for anyone using VT3. It opened my eyes. Thought I would pass this on.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:28 AM
IRONBOURBON
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, sorry if his has already been discussed but read many pages and didn't see it.

Probably having brain fade and probably very simple but asking anyway.

I have to change my fullsac MT8 file to a MT9 file.

1. Does the dongle need to be connected to the bike to convert files to MT9? I don't see anywhere where it actually states this? I would prefer to convert on my desktop and then send to the laptop to download to the bike.

2. In the convert instructions, item 5. "Next, load the new calibration into MasterTune"
Where does this "new" file come from?

I'm sure this is very simple and thanks in advance!!

Thanks, Rick

Old 06-28-2015, 09:10 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by IRONBOURBON
Okay, sorry if his has already been discussed but read many pages and didn't see it.

Probably having brain fade and probably very simple but asking anyway.

I have to change my fullsac MT8 file to a MT9 file.

Why?

Steve George with Fullsac has MT9 calibrations ready to go. All you need to do is call him up and ask for the updated calibration.

1. Does the dongle need to be connected to the bike to convert files to MT9? I don't see anywhere where it actually states this? I would prefer to convert on my desktop and then send to the laptop to download to the bike.
No. The dongle needs to be connected to the bike and the bike turned on only to update the HD06 dongle firmware or to work with the ECM by recording data or flashing the ECM.

2. In the convert instructions, item 5. "Next, load the new calibration into MasterTune"
Where does this "new" file come from?
If you want to convert it yourself then you get the new MT9 from the library files that comes with the TTS update. Look at the Calibration Library PDF and choose the best calibration that fits or you could use the same calibration number as the MT8 if there is one that is named the same in the MT9 list. That's where the new file comes from... The TTS library calibrations

I'm sure this is very simple and thanks in advance!!

Thanks, Rick[/QUOTE]

Easy to do.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information