Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 11:29 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Save the file that you really like. You can always re-install that map.

I think you should just give V_Tune a try. You can't screw things up bad enough bike won't run, because you have that map that you like, right?

I messed up while blending the VE tables and bike ran like POOP!!!! So, I went backwards and re-installed previous tune and started over.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:56 AM
streetdjack
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Badmedicine
I have a 09 FXSTC and installed the AE176-002-B1 map, the bike runs great, no popping on decel and got rid of the heat issues, do I have to Vtune? It works so good as is I'm afraid of changing something for the worse.
No problems !
When you follow Doc's instructions, you create a special map for your V-tune sessions based on your AE176, but you don't loose the map you like, you just create a new one with a new name, that's the magic of computer's world...
So, if you're unhappy with your results or if something go wrong, you can always roll back to your previous version.
But I believe you can't go wrong with V-tuning, the result is always better ...
Go ahead !

Old 04-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Badmedicine
I have a 09 FXSTC and installed the AE176-002-B1 map, the bike runs great, no popping on decel and got rid of the heat issues, do I have to Vtune? It works so good as is I'm afraid of changing something for the worse.
If you V-tune the bike is bound to run better as long as you don't make a program mistake however even if you didn't like the way the end product ran you could always over write the ECM again with the same down load you have now....it's a no lose situation the way I see it.
Doc

Old 04-10-2009, 02:01 PM
hrchdog
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Manfire
I've been on the fence as to whether to get the mastertune or not until I saw the tutorial from Doc1 and that did it for me, I'm sold. I have read in other posts that you claim that the mastertune will correct the problem of loosing the cruise control and 6th gear light when you change the primary chaincase gearing in the 07/08 touring bikes. This is a mod that I would like to do in the future but I DO NOT want to lose the cruise control. Can you explain a little more about this feature . I understand how you need to recalibrate the speedo if you change the belt pullys, but I'm a little confused about this when it comes to the primary gearing.
Where can I find this tutorial from Doc1?

Old 04-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Dr. Combustion
Cruiser

PM Doc for it.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Badmedicine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
Save the file that you really like. You can always re-install that map.

I think you should just give V_Tune a try. You can't screw things up bad enough bike won't run, because you have that map that you like, right?

I messed up while blending the VE tables and bike ran like POOP!!!! So, I went backwards and re-installed previous tune and started over.
Originally Posted by streetdjack
No problems !
When you follow Doc's instructions, you create a special map for your V-tune sessions based on your AE176, but you don't loose the map you like, you just create a new one with a new name, that's the magic of computer's world...
So, if you're unhappy with your results or if something go wrong, you can always roll back to your previous version.
But I believe you can't go wrong with V-tuning, the result is always better ...
Go ahead !
Originally Posted by Doc 1
If you V-tune the bike is bound to run better as long as you don't make a program mistake however even if you didn't like the way the end product ran you could always over write the ECM again with the same down load you have now....it's a no lose situation the way I see it.
Doc
Thanks for all the responses, guess I'll give it a try, at least it won't be a waste of time however it goes, at least I'll be getting to ride !

Old 04-10-2009, 05:12 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

AND........ you will be learning something (V-Tuning) that will help you throughout the life of your bike and all the upgrades you end up doing to it. THAT is the greatness of Mastertune... the ability to keep your 'tune' abreast of ALL your mechanical upgrades.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:08 PM
hrly_tech
Intermediate

hey doc! at what temperature's do the two stages of EITMS take place?

Old 04-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Manfire
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hrchdog:

Here is the link that I used from earlier in this thread:

http://www.box.net/shared/r8tjtirh3r

Old 04-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by hrly_tech
hey doc! at what temperature's do the two stages of EITMS take place?
The TTS EITMS is set different than the Harley system. Here's what happens; when the bike reaches 288 degrees the AFR starts to richen up to around 13.5, as the temp rises the AFR will continue to get richer to cool the motor untill the AFR reaches 12.5. When the temps get to 311 degrees the ignition starts to skip an ignition cycle from front to rear cooling the bike down by moving air through the combustion chamber......this whole chain of events only takes place when the Bike is stationary or at idle, when the bike reaches 1250 rpms or 2 mph the EITMS kicks out.
Doc

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information