Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 01:10 AM
hosh
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Nutz, Lonewolf.

One thing I have is time so I might do two cals from scratch. One accepting all adjustments and the other monitoring the VE's as you've said Lonewolf

Should be interesting to see the results.

Last edited by hosh; 04-29-2015 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:07 AM
nottaway
Tourer

So from what I can tell Vtune3 just removes spark....

How do you guys go about adding some advance? Do you add any at all?

Logically it seems you could highlight all and add a little at a time until you see some knock and then back it down?

I understand that not in all cases will the most advanced timing result in the most power....

Old 04-29-2015, 07:42 PM
rgr357
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Was wondering if someone could take a look at my .MT9 file. Its based off around 5 Vtunes. Just wondering if things are going well & I should continue Vtuning or ? When pulling vtune files onto data master the IVC-3 #s seem to spike alot. Dont really know how to analyze that. Then when pulling into Vtune 3 I typically go advanced, load the current .dm3 and then start comparing Vtune results (as Ill have around 3 just from running around.) Depending on if I load 1,2, or all 3 Ill get different results. Understandable, but seems like some combinations negate what other may suggest. Also some may not show the EGR % change screen at all, but yet show VE changes that are greater than 5%... And everytime Vtun3 says to merge file and keep tuneing. I have not enabled auto extend at all at this time. Anyways would apprciate a point in the right direction. Let me know and Ill send the file and or upload any screen shots.

Last edited by rgr357; 04-29-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:50 PM
Bikerdog44
Intermediate

I totally relate to your story. I have a 2014 street glide and did the stage one with the power commander 5. It runs well but definitely feel it is not performing to its peak.
I have made an appointment with Doc for early May and will have the power commander removed and have a TTS put in, with Andrew 57's and a real nice dyno tune.
Can't wait..

Old 04-30-2015, 02:57 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerdog44
I totally relate to your story. I have a 2014 street glide and did the stage one with the power commander 5. It runs well but definitely feel it is not performing to its peak.
I have made an appointment with Doc for early May and will have the power commander removed and have a TTS put in, with Andrew 57's and a real nice dyno tune.
Can't wait..
You're going to love the difference, IMO piggy back tuners are more less a band aid.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:18 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by rgr357
Was wondering if someone could take a look at my .MT9 file. Its based off around 5 Vtunes. Just wondering if things are going well & I should continue Vtuning or ? When pulling vtune files onto data master the IVC-3 #s seem to spike alot. Dont really know how to analyze that. Then when pulling into Vtune 3 I typically go advanced, load the current .dm3 and then start comparing Vtune results (as Ill have around 3 just from running around.) Depending on if I load 1,2, or all 3 Ill get different results. Understandable, but seems like some combinations negate what other may suggest. Also some may not show the EGR % change screen at all, but yet show VE changes that are greater than 5%... And everytime Vtun3 says to merge file and keep tuneing. I have not enabled auto extend at all at this time. Anyways would apprciate a point in the right direction. Let me know and Ill send the file and or upload any screen shots.
If you post a few of your dm3 recordings and your last VTune calibration using box.net then we can view what is happening. Without a view you will not get any comments to your questions.

I don't understand why you aren't using auto extend. After the 1st or 2nd run I always use it to help blend other cells that I can't get to. Saves me a bit of work.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:15 PM
nottaway
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
in addition to what Mr. Wizard stated, don't fool with the CLB until you are DONE with the VE tables.
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Changing CLB's after tuning skews your entire project.

You must tune again.

So set the CLBs after Vtuning or before or Vtune, set CLB, then Vtune again? I'm confused.

Here's a good rule of thumb. If you don't understand the table, leave it alone.

With a stage 1 bike my favorite setting is 684. This gives me a good blend of power and fuel mileage. With more than a stage 2 bike you must experiment IF you want to. I do find the CLB's a little lean for my tastes. Don't drive them above 780 or you may over drive your injectors.

I'll be away for a while guys and won't be answering much. We are dealing with family medical issues at this time and I'm needed elsewhere.
So sounds like >684 and <780 for a stage 2. Where would you start? Is anywhere between 684-780 good? I'm not sure where the CLB is set for the tune I'm running currently(I haven't changed it) but I prefer to be on the rich side as opposed to the lean. I don't mind a little extra fuel being wasted.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:16 PM
rgr357
Tourer

If you post a few of your dm3 recordings and your last VTune calibration using box.net then we can view what is happening. Without a view you will not get any comments to your questions.

I don't understand why you aren't using auto extend. After the 1st or 2nd run I always use it to help blend other cells that I can't get to. Saves me a bit of work.
Ill start using auto extend.....

Here is the link
https://app.box.com/s/9co8k5l2v9qrcr9khktuhg6x3fqioros

Old 04-30-2015, 06:22 PM
Loner88
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stupid question

OK, I've run a flight recording, but can't get v-tune 3 to accept and read it. Do I have to rename FR file before it will?

Old 04-30-2015, 06:29 PM
rgr357
Tourer

Originally Posted by Loner88
OK, I've run a flight recording, but can't get v-tune 3 to accept and read it. Do I have to rename FR file before it will?
Follow flow chart 4.8.8.1 of the TTS tuning guide2.pdf ...

Open Datamaster2 and load the file
Save the file
Now open in VTune3 (1st selecting the base map you are running in your ECM) and then the tune file(s)

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information