Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:39 AM
ToBeFrank
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cts1950
Now for wishful thinking if a program like vtune could be adapted to catch and record knock make the adjustments for ignition timing tables we would be much closer to a real self tuning system with out a dyno. It seems the ecm is smart enough to sense the data. Collecting it and applying it now has to be done by hand.
This has been done. Although to be fair, it's not self-tuning. It's simply removing timing where retard has been seen.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:43 AM
ToBeFrank
Tourer

Originally Posted by streetdjack
About the Decell enleanement Table : when doing my Vtune, I was surprised I could never make good records in the Low TPS (0.2.5.7) except for low RPM
I suppose it's the parts where we do decell ans maybe the activity of this table invalidate my results ... Can someone confirm ?
As I said earlier, I'd be very surprised if V-Tune was not filtering accel enrichment and decel enleanment. BUT, if you turn enleanment and enrichment off so the data is not filtered, your VEs in those areas will either be too rich or too lean.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:40 AM
cts1950
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ToBeFrank
This has been done. Although to be fair, it's not self-tuning. It's simply removing timing where retard has been seen.
What I was thinking it would display the knock events in real time similar to when recording vtune data. By flagging the cells were the knock occurred in red so that you could quickly find them and make the adjustments to your timing tables. I can see the ecm pull out timing in the data files when the knock occurs but as Steve has straited it is after the fact and probably not at the right map setting. I also do not think that this modifies your timing tables permanently I may be wrong here.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:25 PM
ToBeFrank
Tourer

Originally Posted by cts1950
What I was thinking it would display the knock events in real time similar to when recording vtune data. By flagging the cells were the knock occurred in red so that you could quickly find them and make the adjustments to your timing tables. I can see the ecm pull out timing in the data files when the knock occurs but as Steve has straited it is after the fact and probably not at the right map setting. I also do not think that this modifies your timing tables permanently I may be wrong here.
Sorry, I wasn't clear... I've already got software to handle it for you. Feel free to PM me if you like as we're getting off topic for this thread.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:50 AM
streetdjack
Advanced

Originally Posted by ToBeFrank
As I said earlier, I'd be very surprised if V-Tune was not filtering accel enrichment and decel enleanment. BUT, if you turn enleanment and enrichment off so the data is not filtered, your VEs in those areas will either be too rich or too lean.
I understand what you say, but I was surprised I couldn't get those cells in green.
If Rahall could tell us why Doc suggested him to do so, it would be nice...

Old 12-26-2008, 07:48 AM
rahall
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doc didn't say why.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:12 PM
streetdjack
Advanced

Too bad he didn't ...
I'm gone ask him directly ...

Old 12-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,672 Posts

The conditions for removing spark all boils down to where to remove it from. With that said it would still be trial and error to find what works best. A simple program just to remove it from the main table for the front or rear cylinder would not be hard but most likely would not come close to yielding the best tune. Now what about adding spark? This is the reason we have not done one for spark. Spark will and does change with the state of the tune and that is why I told you to V-tune first then correct spark then V-tune again for the best possible outcome.

Now as for seeing spark retard all you need to do is use DataMaster and record for it. The graph in the playback makes it as simple as possible and no other programs are needed. Take the data you have recorded and then go to the graph control and "double click" on one of the items being displayed. That will open a window that will allow you to change the item being graphed to what you want. Simply put the knock retard on the graph and view it. Now when you see some retard, zoom in and you can find it perfertly. All this information is in the DataMaster "Help" file so you can review it there.

The manuals are in the "Help" files for each of our programs. We've spent hundreds of hours writing them so look there for your answers first. As we here of things that are not there that need to be added we will add them to those files. As far as Doc goes he has been around for a long time offering help at no charge, to anyone for every product he has worked with. He teachs people how to tune using a PC, Mastertune and SESPT for EFI bikes and then Carb. bikes as well. He also trains HD dealers on how to properly tune and run dyno's. It just too bad the site doesn't see the benfit of his knowledge and experiance being here for members to use.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:57 PM
pg
Advanced
Default Eitms

I know I might be changing the subject but i could not find this in the help files.

EITMS for the 09 touring has this available to the rider on demand via the throttle grip. So...
what do we do with the selection in the tuning constants of the tuning file? On or off or does it not matter cause we are have the "on demand" option?
Steve?

Thanks Paul

Old 12-26-2008, 01:59 PM
streetdjack
Advanced

To Rahall :here is Doc's answer, maybe you've made a little mystake ...

"Jack
I never told anyone to instal a value of 0 in the decel table or column."

hope this helps ...

To Steve : I must say that I've always found answer to my questions in the help file of your programms
what I didn't find were the basic explanations of tuning, but I must admit that I had a lot to learn before ... and Doc has always been helpfull ....

Regarding spark advance, in the attachement you'll find a capture of my datamaster screen showing some retard on the front cylinder
I've tried to correct this in decreasing the value 2° in the 95 and 110 collums and 3500-4000 rows : is it the good way to proceed ?
ps : the retard value was 4°....

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-knock-retard-2.jpg  

Last edited by streetdjack; 12-26-2008 at 02:02 PM.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information