Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 07:51 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Hulkss
Could you explain how to develop and use the ERG tables and when it might be appropriate to move them?
No need for that either... the new VT3 program does that for you.

To explain how the EGR system should be calibrated to your bike or how it is developed is beyond my capabilities. How to use the TTS software is not.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:01 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team
Received 1,924 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
No need for that either... the new VT3 program does that for you.

To explain how the EGR system should be calibrated to your bike or how it is developed is beyond my capabilities. How to use the TTS software is not.
OK, I had read the new Mastertune manuals but the information needed to answer this and many other questions is in the program help files. Be sure to read those too! There are .pdf versions loaded with the software downloads.

The documentation is very good.

With the factory O2 sensors and tuning by riding without a dyno, do you recommend using the auto-extended fuel processing mode?

Old 02-20-2015, 05:57 AM
SSTuner
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I got to agree the documentation is really good, I like the colors used to differentiate the blue vs. green dongle. Also the flowchart makes it easy to understand all the reading. Just can't wait for it to warm up.

Last edited by SSTuner; 02-20-2015 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:07 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by Hulkss
OK, I had read the new Mastertune manuals but the information needed to answer this and many other questions is in the program help files. Be sure to read those too! There are .pdf versions loaded with the software downloads.

The documentation is very good.

With the factory O2 sensors and tuning by riding without a dyno, do you recommend using the auto-extended fuel processing mode?

I do not auto extend until after the extreme bottom end is tuned. Say up to 2500 since you start at the bottom and work your way up. There is more work to do below 2500 than any other stage.

I cut the tables in three pieces top to bottom. Under 2500, under 3500 and under 6000. Get all I can at each stage then go to the next. This way I don't put extra heat in the motor. If you do this on a dyno then start at the higher RPM in your stage and work your way back to the lighter RPM's. Get the higher RPM heat out of the way and let the fans cool you down in the lower RPM's.

IE... If you want to work on the second stage up to 3500. Run the bike up to 3500 and work the histogram in all possible loads down to 2000. Accept the new VTune and go to stage 3 (6000)

Old 02-25-2015, 04:32 PM
chopperjoes
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stopping the popping

I need help. I have a K&N Roland's sands air filter and a set of Samson true dual exhaust system on my 2008 deluxe soft tail. I tuned the bike with the closest map tune and it runs good pulls good in all gears but pops on decel in any gear. Can anybody point to a tune that will stop the popping. I don't want to keep fooling with it until I have something that might work. Does anybody have a map tune for that problem?

Old 02-25-2015, 04:44 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by chopperjoes
I need help. I have a K&N Roland's sands air filter and a set of Samson true dual exhaust system on my 2008 deluxe soft tail. I tuned the bike with the closest map tune and it runs good pulls good in all gears but pops on decel in any gear. Can anybody point to a tune that will stop the popping. I don't want to keep fooling with it until I have something that might work. Does anybody have a map tune for that problem?
Open your calibration in MasterTune.

Go to your VE Tables.

Add (increment) 10% to the decel area or the first left hand column on both cylinders.

Save the file as XYZ-Decel-001

Flash that file and go ride.

See if that helps and come back to let us know.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:09 PM
chopperjoes
Novice
Default Popping

Mr. Wizard
I did what you said and still popping. I used the CPZ176-03-A0 mt8. Then I change the settings like you said my 10%. It runs and pulls good buy pops bad on decel of the throttle.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:11 PM
chopperjoes
Novice

Someone had to tune To a 08 soft tail with K&N air cleaner and Samson true dual header and straight exhaust out there somewhere. I hope!

Old 02-27-2015, 07:12 PM
chopperjoes
Novice

Could the timing be off a little cause of the exhaust letting it breathe better.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:55 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Do it again another 10%. If that doesn't slow it down or fix it then you could have a mechanical problem.

You can take the DE and decrease it 20 or 30% but if you are popping as much as you say it won't help much.

Borrowing someone's calibration will put you back to square one.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information