Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 05:00 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

hrdtail78 and Wiz.. I did just that yesterday with my mt8 file and changes to the EGR alone were in some areas as much as 84%

Old 02-11-2015, 05:07 PM
hosh
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiz, I am trying to find a better starting cal as I've decided to start from scratch with a mt9.

I have a fatty 103 with se255's, big sucker and V&H slipons with quite baffles.

I using DAD358-03 but it doesn't include the slipons.

Any ideas? Thanks

Old 02-11-2015, 05:14 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

hosh I think you're spot on with your starting cal. if anything you might wind up with a little decel pop during your initial vtune runs but it will work itself out.. my .02 anyways..

Old 02-11-2015, 05:17 PM
hosh
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
hosh I think you're spot on with your starting cal. if anything you might wind up with a little decel pop during your initial vtune runs but it will work itself out.. my .02 anyways..

Gracias senor

Old 02-11-2015, 10:02 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

EGR

There is the break point of 60kpa. Not saying 60 doesn't effect 70, but. Most automated EGR programs tend to focus on this limit. I try and figure out the TPS, MAP and RPM the average rider see's most of the time, and use that for my breakpoint I try and blend around.

We have had access to these feature for sometime. The longer it is out. The more we find out about it and the more the manufacture tells us more about it and what it was designed to do.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:24 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
EGR

There is the break point of 60kpa. Not saying 60 doesn't effect 70, but. Most automated EGR programs tend to focus on this limit. I try and figure out the TPS, MAP and RPM the average rider see's most of the time, and use that for my breakpoint I try and blend around.

We have had access to these feature for sometime. The longer it is out. The more we find out about it and the more the manufacture tells us more about it and what it was designed to do.
Ladies and Gentlemen.... Meet "The Tail".

I'll let the cat out of the bag that he is a beta tester for TTS and has agreed to come in here and help us all learn skills and answer questions when he has time to do so. (He really didn't but I'm drag'n his **** in here kicking and screaming so a good dose of embarrassment is in order.)

If you are in his area you will find his services and skills to be impeccable and highly recommended.

Please welcome hrdtail78 to our little neck of the woods.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:13 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Here is a log that shows WB and NB collected together. It needs DataMaster2 v3.0.0

https://app.box.com/s/e5rrf326uwj1uzxy9uav7740dwwmoecz

Old 02-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

Good to see you here Jason.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
Here is a log that shows WB and NB collected together. It needs DataMaster2 v3.0.0

https://app.box.com/s/e5rrf326uwj1uzxy9uav7740dwwmoecz

Thanks... first time I've seen the analyzer in action. I also see there must have been some good EGR changes?

Old 02-13-2015, 04:26 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Default Analog Inputs

Without getting too deep into sensors and which and why. Lets look into controller. How to power them and get the input into the greeny wheeny.

The O2 controllers need a less than 3 amp 12 volt power source. We need to look for another source since the data port is going to be occupied with the plug from tuning unit. A splitter is an option but there are better places to pull power at my shop. A pig tail off the battery is an option for street tuning. They usually have a fuse. I started with a battery on a charger. This works good, but I remembered that I have a 3 amp converter.

My Innovate case.

These are the LC-2's that have individual broad band controllers. They have a LED light for calibration on trouble codes that I wanted to be able to see. The also need to have the power cycles easily for calibration. These are neat units that allow you to change the calibration of the analog output if needed. (I also use these with EFI Live) There is no reason to do this since TTS lets you do this in Datamaster. They also have a digital signal out if you want to hook them to gauges. (again another application)

I am supplying 12v to the controller and using the common ground for TTS as well. I ran out of pins. So the quick disconnect female plug isn't present. The ground has a pin but the two yellow wires do not. These are the analog outputs of the LC-2's.

Wego III

These are the stock plugs. Yes, it comes this messy. The 6 and 4 pin connectors are tied together for the most part. I used the 6 pin female connector to give the wegoIII power. Pin 5 is positive and pin 2 is ground.

I made a 6 pin male connector. I have two wires going to pin 2 because the other is going to be my TTS ground.

You can see how the ground is going to the 3 pin connector.

This is my 3 pin plug. The thinner blue and white wires are the analog out puts from wego. The thicker white wire is the ground I tied into from the 6 pin. The 3 pin will plug into the 3 pin pig tail that is attached to the inputs of the TTS VCI.

There is a couple of ways around this barn, but with the plugs I have used. I can still use my wego with my twin scan and Mytune. I also can use my box for my car tuning stuff. I have looked at maybe tying my AT-100 in as well. Same concept but the wires are in a much better loom and I haven't taken the time to pin them out with a meter. TTS did a good job of putting most of the controllers into datamaster, and I am sure they will add more if asked. Anyway..... HFT

Last edited by hrdtail78; 02-13-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information