Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,672 Posts

One thing that we have started to see is that Windows seems to be installing there Windows Defender Program as people update ther systems. When this is running it really slows us down and the program takes awhile to load. If you have this on your PC open the program and go to "Tools" then "Options". In the Advanced Option section it allows you to Add programs for it not to scan. Add Mastertune-HD.exe and DataMaster-HD.exe in this window. Then go to the bottom of the form and tell it to save the settings. This will let our programs run just like they have in the past.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:44 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I will do that Steve. Also, I do NOT run Norton anti-virus, but WAS running Ghost. This may be something else, too.

All that I know is it is VERY Very fast now and 'sees' the bike, and programs the bike without issue.

Virgin laptop, though, with 2 simple programs in it.

As I build it out, if I notice a slow down after another program installation, I will post it up, OK? and... I am running a serial port. One thing I DID notice, previously, ... when update loaded SP3, things started to go south. And I had already had defender by then. Any knowledge about SP3?

By the way...... my blended tune runs like CRAP!!! HAHAHA

Going back to the spikey one (like I KNEW I should). Fun to play around on a sunny afternoon, though and see what SOP feels with different tunes.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 04-01-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Rider57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SP3 hasn't caused me any problems. Running TTS on Vista, XPPro. No problems with Symantec Endpoint Anti virus either.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:49 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pappashelby
If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all !!

Got my new TTS last week. Did 3 VTunes worked great. Went to do some Data runs to check timing and it stops recording . Get the message "LOST PCM SYNC" . Tried it 6-7 times and alwas the same thing.

Thought maybe it was the cables vibrating around. Tried this morning without starting bike. It does 100 - 400 frames and pops up Lost PCM Synic.

Do i have a bad Interface ??
while you are recording try turning off your virus protection and wireless network connection. Since you will not be hooked up to the internet during this time you have no risk of catching a virus. Just make sure you turn on the virus protection BEFORE you go back online with it. I noticed on my old laptop the wireless scanning sometimes caused me issues.

Last edited by TickTock; 04-01-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:45 PM
pappashelby
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TickTock
while you are recording try turning off your virus protection and wireless network connection. Since you will not be hooked up to the internet during this time you have no risk of catching a virus. Just make sure you turn on the virus protection BEFORE you go back online with it. I noticed on my old laptop the wireless scanning sometimes caused me issues.
I had the Wifi off but not the anti virus. Talked to Steve today and he was wondering if it had anything to do with the update i did last week so i deleted 1.32 and went back to 1.00. Have made 2 runs and its good so far.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Manfire
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For Steve Cole:

I've been on the fence as to whether to get the mastertune or not until I saw the tutorial from Doc1 and that did it for me, I'm sold. I have read in other posts that you claim that the mastertune will correct the problem of loosing the cruise control and 6th gear light when you change the primary chaincase gearing in the 07/08 touring bikes. This is a mod that I would like to do in the future but I DO NOT want to lose the cruise control. Can you explain a little more about this feature . I understand how you need to recalibrate the speedo if you change the belt pullys, but I'm a little confused about this when it comes to the primary gearing.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

The ECM keeps track of what gear the bike is in. It uses this information to calculate things like load and expected acceleration rates, the only problem is there is not sensor in the transmission to tell it what gear it is in. So it has to calculate it by using the sensors it has. When you change the primary ratio it does not know about it so the calculations are wrong and that causes the cruise control and 6th gear light not to work properly.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Manfire
I've been on the fence as to whether to get the mastertune or not until I saw the tutorial from Doc1 and that did it for me, I'm sold. I have read in other posts that you claim that the mastertune will correct the problem of loosing the cruise control and 6th gear light when you change the primary chaincase gearing in the 07/08 touring bikes. This is a mod that I would like to do in the future but I DO NOT want to lose the cruise control. Can you explain a little more about this feature . I understand how you need to recalibrate the speedo if you change the belt pullys, but I'm a little confused about this when it comes to the primary gearing.
If you change a primary sprocket, compensator or clutch hub, all you have to do is count the teeth on the sprockets and multiply those numbers together....this will give you a primary ratio. Once you have that ratio number simply go into MasterTune / ''Table Selection'' / ''Tuning Constants'' and in Tuning Constants you will see a tab on the right side of the window that has Primary Ratio....click on that and a drop box with several ratios will appear, select the closest ratio to your number and down load it to your ECM....wala you're done.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Zieg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How rich of an AFR can one get with this system? Thanks

Old 04-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

About 10.0 :1

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information