Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 09:30 PM
stonesmith
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default slow go

work and weather been holding up the vtune process. Still having trouble getting good hits in some cells. Thinking I might order a 7 in monitor so I can watch what I'm doing. definite improvement already.

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/186408.../f_17397639451

Old 05-23-2014, 02:48 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by stonesmith
work and weather been holding up the vtune process. Still having trouble getting good hits in some cells. Thinking I might order a 7 in monitor so I can watch what I'm doing. definite improvement already.

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/186408.../f_17397639451
Monitor is THE way to go. I used one all the time, for tuning, until I bought a dyno. Now, I watch the exact same Histogram screen on the dyno monitor instead of the 7" one.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:53 PM
punchdrunkslim
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
throw this in there and see how she reacts.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzu65krr6a...-5-18-2014.MT8
i flashed the file and did a run today
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ili27xgrot...anData-004.DM3

Old 05-23-2014, 06:35 PM
stonesmith
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
Monitor is THE way to go. I used one all the time, for tuning, until I bought a dyno. Now, I watch the exact same Histogram screen on the dyno monitor instead of the 7" one.
I remember reading in the thread about guys using different setups but I searched the thread and didnt come up with anything.Anybody have any recommendations on a 7 inch monitor ? I'm kinda lookin at the Mimo any Idea if a touch screen is worthwhile?

Old 05-23-2014, 07:38 PM
zeke383
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

i used a Mimo (non touch screen). I am happy with it. Once you Vtune with one you will realize how much tuning time that you wasted without it.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:07 AM
jcav44
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stonesmith
I remember reading in the thread about guys using different setups but I searched the thread and didnt come up with anything.Anybody have any recommendations on a 7 inch monitor ? I'm kinda lookin at the Mimo any Idea if a touch screen is worthwhile?
I use a samsung tab2-7" with Idisplay hard wired with a 6' USB cable and a Ram mount on the bars. Could do this wireless but like the reliability and speed of the hard wire setup.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:40 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Truk,
You by chance didn't buy your Dyno from a guy in Upstate NY. My cousin sold his Dyno to a guy in Ohio. It was a mobile Dyno in a nice 32-34 ft trailer.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:01 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

No, I found mine on Craigslist from a young dude that wanted to do dyno shoot outs at Quaker Steak and Lube kind of thing. He had it on a flat bed trailer with a winch and did the shoot out thing one time. Parked it. Sold it to me 2 yrs old (in 2012). That guy was from Youngstown, Ohio. $15k, minus the trailer. Has extended electric carriage. Venturi vac pump. Electric wheel clamp. Since I have owned it, I have had to replace the brake controller for $500. Had to sign up with Dynojet for $500, also (only way to get parts). Have like $5k more in computer and tuning crap.

Very Very pleased. Some of the stuff I have learned from the dyno completely contradicted what I 'thought' was going on when DIY tuning.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 05-27-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

No, I found mine on Craigslist from a young dude that wanted to do dyno shoot outs at Quaker Steak and Lube kind of thing. He had it on a flat bed trailer with a winch and did the shoot out thing one time. Parked it. Sold it to me 2 yrs old (in 2012). That guy was from Youngstown, Ohio. $15k, minus the trailer. Has extended electric carriage. Venturi vac pump. Electric wheel clamp. Since I have owned it, I have had to replace the brake controller for $500. Had to sign up with Dynojet for $500, also (only way to get parts). Have like $5k more in computer and tuning crap.

Very Very pleased. Some of the stuff I have learned from the dyno completely contradicted what I 'thought' was going on when DIY tuning.
They are a lot of fun.
I read the Dynojet Certification manual that he got a few times so I know about enough to make me a danger to my bike lol.
He bought it new when he was retiring from the Navy. I think he had close to 40,000 with the trailer and everything. He wanted to set up at rally's and such, but found out quick that there was a lot of politics in doing so with dealers sponsoring and such. Mostly everything has changed since then, but I learned the basics.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:33 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Having Dyno experience, what would you now do differently tuning with TTS & a Mimo monitor on the street?

Thanks

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information