Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 07:43 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Upper left and bottom right IS hard to hit on TPS calibrations like yours.

You do the best you can, then try to get a tad bit more and then... quit worrying about it.

There are folks that say never worry about any cell that is not easy to hit, and I differ on that... I feel one should work hard to get as much as possible. It really does take some nice hills to help out.

All cells that touch, and then touch another cell all use the same kinda data and these must be hit if possible, because if 50MAP is hit and 60 is not? That 50 will NOT be the end all to be all with the VEs.

But, if you struggle a little bit, then you WILL have that hard to hit cell that sits next to a routinely used cell and the VEs will work out way better.

If you get, in my example some 60MAP cells filled in blue, then that 50 MAP cell that will be in use once and a great while will be way better. The idea to to work things a bit where you don't ride, so that the cells where you do ride have better data.

Once you have gained some 'hard to get' cells, call it good, because there IS a limit to what can be gathered on the street anyways.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:22 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
Upper left and bottom right IS hard to hit on TPS calibrations like yours.

You do the best you can, then try to get a tad bit more and then... quit worrying about it.

There are folks that say never worry about any cell that is not easy to hit, and I differ on that... I feel one should work hard to get as much as possible. It really does take some nice hills to help out.

All cells that touch, and then touch another cell all use the same kinda data and these must be hit if possible, because if 50MAP is hit and 60 is not? That 50 will NOT be the end all to be all with the VEs.

But, if you struggle a little bit, then you WILL have that hard to hit cell that sits next to a routinely used cell and the VEs will work out way better.

If you get, in my example some 60MAP cells filled in blue, then that 50 MAP cell that will be in use once and a great while will be way better. The idea to to work things a bit where you don't ride, so that the cells where you do ride have better data.

Once you have gained some 'hard to get' cells, call it good, because there IS a limit to what can be gathered on the street anyways.
Thanks. I will make a nice long fr run when I get some time and then run the histogram and see if I had any changes from previous runs. I am thinking some in town really low speeds in first few gears and see how it goes from there with some open road finding as many steep and hilly terrain I can along the way. Then from there just call it good till the new software releases and see if it helps any otherwise. Only downside to fr is I can't pull over and view my progress, but I can ride longer with fr than my laptop will last battery wise before it dies and I lose all my data for that run.

Last edited by slyedog; 05-14-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:22 PM
punchdrunkslim
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
ok looks like you have a little knock going on so lets get rid of that with some timing adjustments.

open up your map that is currently on the bike

go to the spark advance front cylinder.

highlight 85 to 90KPA from 3500 to 5000 (that should be a total of 10 cells highlighted)
now click the little circle at the top where it say 5% and change that value to 3% and click decrement 1 time.

now move over to the spark advance rear cylinder
highlight 85 to 90 KPA from 4000 RPM to 5000 RPM (should be a total of 6 cells)
again click the little circle next to 5%, change it to 3% and click decrement 1 time.

Now save this as your new map, flash it and go do the same thing again so we can see if that gets rid of the knock in those areas.

oh and watch for sheriff.
so i did another run today

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpmlm6rm58...anData-003.DM3

what i would like to know is what do you look for when you change spark advance and how to determine how much to change

Old 05-18-2014, 05:34 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by punchdrunkslim

what i would like to know is what do you look for when you change spark advance and how to determine how much to change
knock happens PRIOR to it showing up on a graph so what I normally do (and others I believe too) is highlight the cells surrounding the knock event and decrease or increase timing by 3% at a time (unless it's major) then run another vtune run to see how that affects it. I'll look at this in a little bit...

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 05-18-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:43 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by punchdrunkslim

upload your last mt8 file please

Old 05-18-2014, 06:28 PM
punchdrunkslim
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is the mt8 that i ran on the data scan
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kmb402akq7v766/vtune-007.MT8

after a few other runs today this is my latest mt8, but i have not flashed it yet
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5064unr30qi9ho7/vtune-009.MT8

Old 05-18-2014, 06:57 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

throw this in there and see how she reacts.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzu65krr6a...-5-18-2014.MT8

Old 05-20-2014, 07:05 AM
Wmitz
Road Master
Received 187 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Cam change

I am going to change cams in the next month, my question is about the map. Should I start from scratch, or do a cam tune on my current map and go from there. Currently using a DUH044-03?

Thanks

Old 05-21-2014, 04:08 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Start fresh. Anytime you make a major change to the system, the system will work things out way better starting all over with a new, unmolested, base cal. The cam will alter all of the VEs, so its best to start fresh.

You are stating to get the hang of some of this, and a new tune should no longer present an issue for you to do.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Wmitz
Road Master
Received 187 Likes on 135 Posts

Truk thanks. I figured as much but thought I'd ask.

Thanks again

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information