Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 06:40 AM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jcav44
Look at page 72-74 in the tuning manual only difference is the color it's now blue and purple. I think this what you are asking about.
I was asking about what had been referenced before that I had not seen. I wondered if there was some thing I had missed that let you know when you were about good enough or some thing.

Now, I think you are about done when nearly all cells are white???

How can I go back and see that info after I have accepted it? Do I need to do another vtune to see that info or just generic info that will tell me?

In other words, how can you tell that you are finished?? I know I'm not, not until vtune 3 to help smooth my egr, etc

Last edited by 98Ultra; 05-06-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

That is what Nutz is trying to tell you but he can't be sure until you post your last generated VTune.MT8 file. He wants to look at all the records/tables/setting for you.

Your VTune cells look great. White blocks with numbers mean no change. That's good. White blocks with no numbers means you didn't record data in those cells and yellow means not enough data collected. Yellow will happen every time and is not a bad thing.

So, take your last generated file that VTune2 did for you, it will be the file that you put in the bike before each tuning run, and post it in box.net. Let's take a look.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

To see what edits have been done by VTune... open up your last generated VTune calibration and view the Front or Rear VE tables in Table Selection. Then chose Table Comparison at the top and select Compare Edits to Original. You will see all the changes in each cell.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:47 AM
RonMexico
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure this has been asked to some extent, but this thread is huge and I haven't been able to find it.

I just got my TTS yesterday. I have a 2011 FLHX 103" with a Kuryakyn Mach 2 air cleaner, V&H slip-ons with factory head pipes. This will be my first tune.

After I get my initial cal saved, I am going flash the cal that is most like my configuration as per the guide, but I'm having trouble making a decision on which to use. Whats the difference between the Level 044 and level 009 cals? Comparing the MAP curves they are identical, (didn't look at anything else yet) and reading the descrptions in the cal listing .pdf, they are the same as well. Reading the TTS FAQ's, it says that most twincam cals are fairly interchangeable but i just wanted to ask as i'm a little nervous for my first one.

Thanks

Old 05-06-2014, 11:52 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by RonMexico
I'm sure this has been asked to some extent, but this thread is huge and I haven't been able to find it.

I just got my TTS yesterday. I have a 2011 FLHX 103" with a Kuryakyn Mach 2 air cleaner, V&H slip-ons with factory head pipes. This will be my first tune.

After I get my initial cal saved, I am going flash the cal that is most like my configuration as per the guide, but I'm having trouble making a decision on which to use. Whats the difference between the Level 044 and level 009 cals? Comparing the MAP curves they are identical, (didn't look at anything else yet) and reading the descrptions in the cal listing .pdf, they are the same as well. Reading the TTS FAQ's, it says that most twincam cals are fairly interchangeable but i just wanted to ask as i'm a little nervous for my first one.

Thanks
044 are the newer files.. use that

Old 05-06-2014, 11:58 AM
RonMexico
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
044 are the newer files.. use that
Thank you

Old 05-06-2014, 12:05 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

also you want click on the link in Wiz's signature line and go by that "TTS FOR DUMMIES" writeup instead of trying to figure out the manual. The manual will come later I promise you but for ease of tuning, go with what Wiz wrote.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:31 PM
punchdrunkslim
Advanced

Main Lambda
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5v5o3p5j6...0comp%20oa.png

VE Front
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7zwbytj8x...VE%20Front.png

VE Rear
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqwjefwblz3135e/VE%20Rear.png

Sometimes i need things broken down barney style. Thanks for the help

Here is PDS's MT8 file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6dpnp422i...m-vtune006.MT8

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 05-08-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:33 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by punchdrunkslim
email me your MT8 file.. ultranutz at outlook dot com and I'll post it up here for everyone...

Old 05-06-2014, 12:46 PM
RonMexico
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Thanks UNutz.

I've read through the TTS for dummies, just wanted to go through whatever documentation i had available before i started the project. I'll got through it again though

Last edited by RonMexico; 05-06-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information