Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:17 PM
HERKO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pappashelby
You guys are alot of help and knowledge . I just got my TTS from Doc and have been testing it out. But i do have a question. When i set up the Data run the X is alwas in the 5% column when idling . Shouldn't it be in the 0 column ?
Your bike = 08/09 Touring Model? If so, the IAC process is done with throttle blade postion.
Loitering at 5 on the Historgram is not unusual...sometimes 2.
Look at the data in DM to see actual position displayed to the tenth.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:08 PM
steveultra08
Intermediate

Any word as to when upgrade for SERT users will be availible??

Old 03-28-2009, 11:48 PM
pappashelby
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HerkoBagger
Your bike = 08/09 Touring Model? If so, the IAC process is done with throttle blade postion.
Loitering at 5 on the Historgram is not unusual...sometimes 2.
Look at the data in DM to see actual position displayed to the tenth.
09 touring. Just found the actual position. Its 3.2 Is that something that should be corrected ?

Old 03-29-2009, 05:44 AM
HERKO
Cruiser

09 touring. Just found the actual position. Its 3.2 Is that something that should be corrected ?
If idle is OK, then no.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:36 AM
pappashelby
Tourer

Originally Posted by HerkoBagger
If idle is OK, then no.
Great, thank you. Will start on the spark now.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:46 AM
cts1950
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
The answer was for the post right after yours.

What we are working towards is to release the upgrades to Mastertune, DataMaster and the current calibrations by the end of next week (Feb. 6). Then after those are released I will be at the show in Ohio and I have a few days off the week after for vacation. When I return I will be working on the final versions of the 2005 - 2006 closed loop and open loop files to be released. When they are released around the end of the month we will also release the upgrade package as it will be done. After that I will begin to work on upgraded calibrations for 2001 - 2004 bikes.
Have these upgrades been done yet? I havn't seen any mention of this yet. I have seen calibrations for the 06 dyna which came with o2 sensors.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:31 PM
scotty3
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cts1950
Have these upgrades been done yet? I havn't seen any mention of this yet. I have seen calibrations for the 06 dyna which came with o2 sensors.
Look again there is no closed loop MT7 files for the 2006 Dyna's released yet.
Yes there is mention on files in the Calibration Listing but they only exist as MT6 files.
All the 141xxxx MT7 files available are OPEN loop only.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:00 PM
pappashelby
Tourer

Great, thank you. Will start on the spark now.
Maybe i spoke to quick !! Free play in the throttle grip when idling. Within that free play the idle will go up by turning it. Just by resting your hand on it its hard to keep the rpm from going up. TPS goes from 3.2 to 3.6 at idle.

Will changes to the Throttle Blade Control help this ?

Old 03-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by scotty3
Look again there is no closed loop MT7 files for the 2006 Dyna's released yet.
Yes there is mention on files in the Calibration Listing but they only exist as MT6 files.
All the 141xxxx MT7 files available are OPEN loop only.
Use a 176 level file for the 06 Dyna....it should work in closed loop for you just fine.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,672 Posts

I have had some people try the '07 file in an '06 dyna. Getting mixed results at this point so I do not have an answer to give you all. The truth is this is something we are still working on as the '06 Dyna is an 88 cu in motor which fits it in with the 2005 model year stuff. I do not care for the way the 141 closed loop calibrations work so I have no plan to update those at this time to an xxx.MT7. I am working on something else but we need to work out all the bugs yet. It going to take some time to get it right. We have updated everything now, but, Mastertune for everything you all have brought up and we are currently testing on the next release of Mastertune. Depending on testing Mastertune will be released next week sometime.

When this is out of the way we will go back to finishing the SERT upgrade unit package. It will be an upgrade to Mastertune just as it is now. So if your looking to update a SERT for a 2001- 2005 bike there will be nothing new for you. As I get the 2005 - 2006 closed loop files sorted and working properly those are the end of the upgraded calibrations we are planing at this time. Now, if these calibrations work out as I hope they will you would also be able to use them in a 2001 - 2004 bike as long as you have the later service ECM in those bikes. I am not going to do anything with the old ECM as that harware will not supporrt what we need to do for closed loop operation.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information