Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 08:15 PM
Wmitz
Road Master
Received 187 Likes on 135 Posts

Thanks for the answers. So from what I understand the can-bus is a faster system and has a few more monitoring points. Better for mapping the engine. The timing info will also be very helpful. From reading, I understand the o2 sensors have a limited range to be really effective. Do the sensors work like they should at .967, or is that beyond there range. I am still trying to figure out how they, tts, got the map to show closed loop at .967.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:21 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

You will find the 02 sensor range is just fine. Also remember these sensors are the ones your bike will use after tuning so... use what you have to keep the ECM happy.

Your query about .967 is a good question. I too would like to know. It isn't due to the CAN system. If so other CAN systems could hit that range and still be in closed loop. I'll think I'll ask.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:42 AM
Wmitz
Road Master

Thanks, for the help. I've played with different calibrations trying to get another map to duplicate it but no luck. I tried to call tts but never get through. Looking forward to see what you find out, thanks again.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by Wmitz
Thanks, for the help. I've played with different calibrations trying to get another map to duplicate it but no luck. I tried to call tts but never get through. Looking forward to see what you find out, thanks again.
well... here's your answer.

Various ECM’s with different controls both in software and hardware allow different things to be done. That along with O2 placement makes something work in one application while not in another.

Translation.. He tweaked the software and changed the 02 switching code because the location of the 02 sensors could handle it. Not so with other bikes and builds.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:45 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

cool.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Wmitz
Road Master

Wow, that is pretty interesting! Thanks for investigating this.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Wmitz
Road Master
Default Sensors

Had a few days to think about this. The 02 sensors can operate from 0 to 1 volt. The last closed loop voltage (977 lam) is .791volts with tts. Say you wanted to run 960 lambda which is .809 volts, this is well within the range of the sensor. Is the ECM the sticking point of not being able to expand the monitoring area? I just find it hard to believe that the ECM can't be adjusted to to a wider range. I haven't had a chance to look at the dyna's exhaust, but I can't imagine them moving the 02 more than an inch or so just because of the motor/trans configuration. If they moved them a lot closer to the head wouldn't the burnout/melt quicker? Maybe i am trying to read into this too much.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Think 3 dimensionally on the sensors. Don't forget about up and down then sideways. Even a slant will effect sensor readings at different RPM's.

As far as the ECM adjustment... It's either off or on. It either uses the data or it doesn't. It is always reading data. That's all software driven.

However, you can adjust your AFR/Lambda by adjusting the table. This is what the ECM will adjust to when operating the bike.

Over thinking it? Maybe... there are just somethings that must be taken for granted before it blows your mind. We talk about so few of the capabilities of the ECM and the TTS and there are hundreds of internal software switches that are turned on or off depending on the starting library calibration.

I don't understand the fermenting process of beer but it sure is good on a hot day.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
I don't understand the fermenting process of beer but it sure is good on a hot day.
Now that is a good one right there, Wiz and have to say, beer tastes good on any day Have a good one.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Hey fish... Yeah.. I remember when I used to drink it on any day.

Alas, I had to quit indulging myself. Sucks giving up vices.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information