Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by EisBlade
It was the rear cylinder where I hear the exhaust leak, the ticking of escaping air. And, this is the upsetting part, maybe something is wrong with that rear cylinder now because it's the matching right pipe where the majority of smoke is coming from. Being a 2-1-2 pipe there's bleedover exhaust going into each but it was only the rear head pipe that glowed red. What happened? I'm thinking it's a piston ring?

For Intake Valve Opening I used no "5".

You said CTD009-03. I see Wizard followed up suggesting CTC009-03 which is what I initially used as my base file.

Bad? When in MasterTune and initially setting up for a VTune calibration, the instructions said change all cells to .981 for Lamba calibrations except 100 kPa column. It was impossible to also set column 95; it wouldn't let me change anything.

Nothing to upload at the moment. I'm starting from scratch in the morning. I need to set all those cells in MasterTune to prep for VTune that I was unable to, for starters.
Yeah.. I know what's in the Dummies file. I wrote it as generic to as many bikes and calibrations as I could. It's not bike specific.

If the kPa columns will not let you change the Lambda to .981 then leave it original.

As for smoking. Doubt you have hurt the motor. If the rear cylinder is smoking now it was probably smoking before you made your exhaust changes, you just didn't notice it. The pipe turning cherry red is probably due to the calibration being off. This is why there are certain steps to set up the calibration first and why you ride in the lower areas in the beginning.

Grab a compression test on each cylinder. Check for equal compression and check for bleed down. This should tell you if you have a valve seal or piston ring leaking by.

Install the CTC calibration and do a cam tune first. There is little to no difference in the CTC and the CTD calibrations. The CTD is for international bikes, they will work fine on US bikes too.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:29 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by EisBlade
It was the rear cylinder where I hear the exhaust leak, the ticking of escaping air. And, this is the upsetting part, maybe something is wrong with that rear cylinder now because it's the matching right pipe where the majority of smoke is coming from. Being a 2-1-2 pipe there's bleedover exhaust going into each but it was only the rear head pipe that glowed red. What happened? I'm thinking it's a piston ring?

For Intake Valve Opening I used no "5".

You said CTD009-03. I see Wizard followed up suggesting CTC009-03 which is what I initially used as my base file.

Bad? When in MasterTune and initially setting up for a VTune calibration, the instructions said change all cells to .981 for Lamba calibrations except 100 kPa column. It was impossible to also set column 95; it wouldn't let me change anything.

For numbers 2 and 3 below is where I'm unsure what I'm doing. I get on and just ride tossing gears at different throttle positions below 3000 rpm? I can reach 65mph under that which conflicts with the suggestion to only use back roads. What exactly am I doing...putting along walking through all gears at the lowest rpm, then starting from scratch working through at slightly higher rpm, etc? "Work cells as best I can achieving 5% or less changes...what?" Sorry, I'm trying to decipher between the manual and for Dummies pdf and there still seem too many elusive conditions.

Nothing to upload at the moment. I'm starting from scratch in the morning. I need to set all those cells in MasterTune to prep for VTune that I was unable to, for starters.
I can tell you that "5" for an IVO is not correct sir. They are normally seen at either 2 or 3, and seldom @ 4.

you would be correct in that you can't adjust 95 and 100 kpa as they max out @ .940 so leave them alone (set to original values). Change 15 through 90 kpa to .981.

Can you post up the following files please. Without them we can't see what's actually going on.

1. camtune data file
2. your vtune files (.dm3)
3. your starting calibration (.mt8)
4. your resulting calibration (.mt8)

the starting file itself, I would go with what Wiz

Thanks,
NutZ

Old 02-04-2014, 09:49 AM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 596 Likes on 314 Posts

So how is this ebay seller getting them in quantity enough to sell them? The end user (me) has no way of knowing they are or are not an authorized seller. Is Eastern Performance an authorized seller? They sell on eBay. Even Harley dealerships sell stuff on eBay.

I ordered it, they shipped it, and it works. Pretty crappy company not to honor a warranty on their product bought legally. If it is illegal for the ebayer to sell then the company should send ebay a cease and desist order.

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
I removed the eBay link...

I called around today and called TTS while I was at it. Was investigating what the pricing was, where and why such a differential. Found out something.

BB on eBay (I won't use the seller's real user account name) doesn't seem to be an authorized TTS dealer. I was also told that two units sold by this eBay seller were bad, one was used. Since this seller isn't an authorized TTS dealer there is no FACTORY warranty.

Although the ad says Warranty, yes... this seems to be THEIR warranty only says eBay. It also seems these eBay units are being shipped with no return address or warranty return information. eBay will not shut the ad down.

So, bottom line guys... same old adage. Buyer beware. Never buy a TTS from eBay and absolutely never buy a TTS from an unauthorized dealer. There is no warranty period!

Old 02-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
I can tell you that "5" for an IVO is not correct sir. They are normally seen at either 2 or 3, and seldom @ 4.
I've seen a few stock cammed 96 and 103's at 5.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:35 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by r0de_runr
So how is this ebay seller getting them in quantity enough to sell them? The end user (me) has no way of knowing they are or are not an authorized seller. Is Eastern Performance an authorized seller? They sell on eBay. Even Harley dealerships sell stuff on eBay.

I ordered it, they shipped it, and it works. Pretty crappy company not to honor a warranty on their product bought legally. If it is illegal for the ebayer to sell then the company should send ebay a cease and desist order.
Went through the same thing recently with a bunch of guys in the audio section and purchasing Polk Audio speakers a few months back. Places like Amazon which according to the Polk website is an authorized seller, but all the sub-sellers from Amazon are not. So if purchased and it wasn't actually purchased from Amazon (not through Amazon) and fulfilled by Amazon (not through Amazon) then you're SOL. Then of course there were all the sites that were selling Polk speakers that were not authorized. The minute folks started having issues with the speaker is when the warranty, or lack thereof, from Polk reared it's ugly head. Is what it is man. Go to the manufacturer's website to get a list of authorized resellers.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:36 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
I've seen a few stock cammed 96 and 103's at 5.
good to know sir. I haven't seen anywhere near the number you have but I would bet they're few and far between correct?

Old 02-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

That's what MasterTune wants to know... where are these coming from and why are they damaged. The return rate for the TTS product is less than 1% and many of those are user error, not product issues. (No, I don't work for MasterTune although sometimes it sounds like it. I do talk to them frequently though.)

MasterTune has contacted eBay to find this seller. eBay will not cooperate in any way. They pretty much said to bad, so sad for you.

I brought this info here. I am aware of Authorized Dealers selling on eBay. MasterTune knows they sell on eBay and do sale wholesale units but... they are Authorized Dealers and the factory warranty is upheld. Not so with this BB guy.

As far as MasterTune knows this guy is selling bad product and they are tracking them down but with no cooperation from FleaBay the end result is mute besides giving MasterTune a black eye.

Anyone having this sellers information can PM me with it and I'll forward it to MasterTune. The last thing we need is a person selling used or damage goods with no warranty.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:37 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

well the one that's up there now has Tucker Rocky's name all over it

Old 02-04-2014, 11:40 AM
EasternPC_Forum
Former Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes we are an authorized TTS Dealer.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by EasternPC_Forum
Yes we are an authorized TTS Dealer.
Hey Matt..

Yes, I/we send buyers to you guys all the time.

Keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information