Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Are you sure you posted the correct MT8? I see no difference than the last one I commented on post # 4568

Old 01-05-2014, 04:26 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 596 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Are you sure you posted the correct MT8? I see no difference than the last one I commented on post # 4568
Yes, I made a mistake....here is the link to the current runfile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/szfsahg86k...noller-002.MT8

and a General data file of interest:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/36lfk1ap56...eneral-r22.dm3

Old 01-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

As long as you run that file your motor is going to overheat and your timing will always be sour and ping.

I highly suggest you start all over again and forget this and who ever made it for you.

Sorry...

Old 01-05-2014, 04:57 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

I was hoping for some input on why that one area, in all my runs yesterday, is the only area that retard was activated, and should I reduce by 2 degrees in only those blocks, or is it more fuel or VE related?

I know you want me to trash the whole thing, but I can only see problems in the DM3 file in that one area, and it seemingly popped up out of the blue.

I am anxiously awaiting MT3...

Old 01-05-2014, 05:08 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Listen to Wiz. Timing is NOT a function one cranks up to ping and backs off. Timing is a function of what makes the best power, yet keeps the engine cool.

You have enough time dicking around, you should be able to take a base cal and tune it nicely.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Explanation... The timing is creating heat. The heat is creating knock. You can't fix that with fuel. Look at the areas where it knocks then look at your edit comparison table.

Sorry man.. it is just what it is. There is nothing in your MT8 that is worth keeping.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Tee Bagger
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
Listen to Wiz. Timing is NOT a function one cranks up to ping and backs off. Timing is a function of what makes the best power, yet keeps the engine cool.

You have enough time dicking around, you should be able to take a base cal and tune it nicely.
I just put s&s 551's in my sg... when I get some warm weather I hope to load my base tune... cam anylizer... and a couple vtunes... should be good to go. Hope I don't run into problems like this guy....

Old 01-06-2014, 02:37 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee Bagger
I just put s&s 551's in my sg... when I get some warm weather I hope to load my base tune... cam anylizer... and a couple vtunes... should be good to go. Hope I don't run into problems like this guy....
Long as you start with a fresh base calibration from TTS you'll be fine. The problem I see with a lot of folks who have issues with vtuning is they'll take a calibration from a dyno tuned bike or a calibration from a buddy's great uncle's sister's husband's bike and think it'll work just fine on their bike. Nope, they're all different, ALL OF THEM.

When you're vtuning.. start with a fresh base calibration with the tuning constants adjusted for YOUR bike and your vtuning process will be smooth as silk.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Tee Bagger
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Long as you start with a fresh base calibration from TTS you'll be fine. The problem I see with a lot of folks who have issues with vtuning is they'll take a calibration from a dyno tuned bike or a calibration from a buddy's great uncle's sister's husband's bike and think it'll work just fine on their bike. Nope, they're all different, ALL OF THEM.

When you're vtuning.. start with a fresh base calibration with the tuning constants adjusted for YOUR bike and your vtuning process will be smooth as silk.
Copy that!!!

Old 01-07-2014, 03:43 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Tee Bagger
"this guy" is having a blast riding his Road Glide. Some of the recorded data is showing some spark retard kicking in. So I asked what might be causing it, and the responses I get is my dyno tuner phucked it all up.

I think my VE tables are fine. My base map was a tts MAP, but my Tuner guy took some shortcuts on the timing maps. But I'm to start all over instead of trying to work with my timing tables.

It's a wonder my bike starts or runs at all with the screwed up map.

I'm not going to trash my current map, but I will try to reduce the frequency of the automatic spark knock retard --which is the only concern I have with my map.

This reminds me of an old joke where the punch line is something like this:
" you must work for Microsoft tech support"
"yes, how did you know?"
"your answer was both accurate and useless"

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information