Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 04:07 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

Are you manually adjusting the ve's in the 15 kpa column?

Old 12-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Kiwi... what UN was saying is...

Trash everything you have started with and start from a fresh calibration. The one you just posted is all wigged out and can only mean one thing. A wigged out bike.

Open a new and fresh DTA044-03
Change it to a Vtune calibration and start all over again.

There is nothing good about any of the calibrations you have previously posted. Get rid of them.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Are you manually adjusting the ve's in the 15 kpa column?

LW... look at the edits to the timing tables then check all the other tables. Don't know who did all this but... no need to share my thoughts.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:08 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 596 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Some of your motor safeties have been turned off. Your throttle sensitivity has been maxed out. There are no EGR adjustments and both cylinders are the exact same in timing which are maxed out in the lower kPa areas. There is no AFR line on the sheet.

These issues should be changed regardless of how well the bike runs. Do me a favor. Warm up the bike and record about a 10 minute generic data recording. Do a few WOT pulls and post the file. I see the weather coming in... just when you get a chance.

Not trying to knock your grin but would rather give you the truth than let you ride with an issue.

Sorry it took so long to respond, but weather has not cooperated, and other things like girlfriends and funerals.....

I changed some settings back to original, like throttle sensitivity, adaptive spark, set max rpm to 6000. Ran a while today in 60 degree weather, rode a favorite stretch of hills and turns. Managed a couple of WOT, and a stab at 1/4 mile time (14.1 @ 96mph).

I only see on place where knock retard kicked in. Was taking photos today also, and managed to hit the kill switch once and the throttle was still open a bit, so you see me trying to reset it in r5 and r6. r7 has the WOT, r1 is a cold bike, r3 is the run up the "mountain."

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gbcwmprcw8u6f25/OZANNuxw5p

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-2013-12-24-13.25.36.jpg  
Old 12-28-2013, 12:24 PM
kiwiharleyrider54
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK UN and Wiz
I will have the bike back together today and I have set up a VTune map from DTA044-03 and will post up a file later sorry about the confusion I appreciate your help guys.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:49 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwiharleyrider54
OK UN and Wiz
I will have the bike back together today and I have set up a VTune map from DTA044-03 and will post up a file later sorry about the confusion I appreciate your help guys.
no worries man.. just trying to help with accurate info.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:58 PM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 1004ron
If I decided to make it run a little richer throughout, how would I go about that ?
Originally Posted by Pine Tree

There's a couple ways to do that but I would ask why first.
Since you asked the question I gave it a little more thought - with the previous exhaust which had no O2 sensors and no Piggy-Back tuner, I felt that it ran a little too hot particularly in traffic.

Now that I have my new exhaust, O2 sensors, and TTS tune/calibration this alone may end up resolving it.

However, if I did in the end decide to make it run a little richer, what's the best way to do this?

Old 12-29-2013, 09:14 PM
kiwiharleyrider54
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi UN & WIZ
Here is todays VTune Map and 3 Data runs what do you think
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bca8dhkcpt.../003-3-r04.dm3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/07y3s7jg90lbeps/003-2-r03.dm3
running good but has some dead spots down low
Doc

Old 12-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

...Now that I have my new exhaust, O2 sensors, and TTS tune/calibration this alone may end up resolving it...
If you haven't already, make sure the O2 bungs are in their proper place and depth (there are some bungs that are too tall and won't allow the sensors to work correctly).

And make sure the exhaust & intake system has no leaks...those can play funny little games with the tune.

...However, if I did in the end decide to make it run a little richer, what's the best way to do this?
Once the exhaust system has been addressed, it's time to play with the TTS.

As their instructions suggest, make/save a copy of the stock map that's in the bike. Then select and download the most appropriate TTS map for your bike. Then, if available, use the cam tool to adjust cam setting as instructed if needed.

From there, give the bike a ride and just see how it behaves.

You'll then want to begin the vtune process to get the VE's set correctly. As you analyze the vtune data, note the temperature readings. That should begin to give you an idea as to what the temps are doing and where in the map that adjustments might be made.

Now to your question...fuel and timing play a role in heat output. But typically, one makes adjustments not across the board but only in areas that really need the adjustments. And in making those adjustments, one begins to affect other parts of the map as most all changes influence something else.

Let me know if that makes sense...I'd rather you follow a logical series of steps now that you have a very capable tool (the TTS).

Good luck!

Old 12-30-2013, 08:59 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwiharleyrider54
Hi UN & WIZ
Here is todays VTune Map and 3 Data runs what do you think
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bca8dhkcpt.../003-3-r04.dm3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/07y3s7jg90lbeps/003-2-r03.dm3
running good but has some dead spots down low
Doc
kiwiharleyrider54. Can you post up the last MT8 file for us sir.

Also, were you able to pull and measure the o2 sensors for proper depth?

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information