Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 04:08 PM
RA51
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

black dongle tts. I connect it to a net book an ride around.
No, just learned how to replay the histogram.
Thanks. I will practice more for now. Do more tunes in my spare time.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:17 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 596 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
rOde runr... read my post to RA51. You simply could be collecting a tons more data if you reviewed the Histograms. Then AFTER you are doing better, will you wish to start playing with EGRs, idle VEs, low RPM VEs, etc. With a 'lambda' bike... data is easier to collect and you can get a lot more than you are presently doing.

Here are my histograms. Pretty much hitting what I can hit safely on the road.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ybaxsmetao3l7ov/FW1cblSuEh

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ybaxsmetao3l7ov/FW1cblSuEh

Last edited by r0de_runr; 11-02-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:27 PM
MattyAmber
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From reading some of the recent posts let me ad a little advice from my experiences so far tuning. Take a methodical and slow approach to this. Do not try to do more than one thing at a time. Also, as has been suggested many times in the past, a remote monitor of some kind is extremely useful when trying to do vtune runs. Be very careful with riding with one, DO NOT become fixated on the screen!!!!!! There are a few ways to accomplish this:

a remote screen usually about 7 inches hooked directly to a video port on your laptop

setting your laptop up with an adhoc network and connecting to it with a smartphone or ipod touch using software on both devices to show the laptop screen

I use an ipod touch running Jumi to accomplish this. You will need some kind of mount for whatever you use. Ebay has many very inexpensive handlebar mounts for small devices that work very well. Glare on the screen can make it difficult to watch. you can always duct-tape cardboard up the sides and across the top making a little tunnel around the screen to help with glare.

Don't get discouraged by things not going as quickly as you like. As you make steps through the entire tuning process things have a way of straightening themselves out. I had very high idle Kpa, for example. As I started working EGR values it all started to settle down to where it should be.

This can be a long process to accomplish, but very rewarding. Nothing like having the pride of doing your own tune. Patience in this will probably get you a better tune than most local dyno tuners will.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:13 PM
BlackSpecial
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Image says it is not installed. Click the box to the left to install the Flight recorder. Doesn't matter what dongle you have or even if you have a dongle.
That did it! Thanks Mr W!

Old 11-02-2013, 07:25 PM
BlackSpecial
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
My guess it the Flight recorder never having been installed, maybe you missed the boxes on the left that picks what you wish to download?
That was it. Just took a check in the FR box. Thanks.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:04 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

RA51, Matty Amber brought up the 'why' I was asking. For street tuning, I use a 7" monitor to help me get more cells. If you find it difficult, after playing around, to still get cells, a monitor is a very good option for novice and... not so novice folks to gather data.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:50 PM
RA51
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought about the small monitor but I am going to wait on that. I can go out a do a few tunes a day after work. I only work 4 hrs a day anymore semi retired. But I did notice you cannot load the Flight recorder or the hd06 firmware updater on my computer with XP. An my sert update to TTS dongle will not load firmware update or run the Flight recorder. So this must be for the new blue model ?

Old 11-03-2013, 02:10 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

All of that is for the new blue model. Blue model has tons of internal memory that allows for the extra features.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:13 AM
Sparra
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey fella's...I have just copied Wizards TTS for dummies...In there it say's to change the Adaptive Knock Retard tables to 0.
When cross referencing with the TTS manual there is no mention of it..Or maybe I missed it..So do I or don't I set to 0...

Cheers...Sparra

Old 11-04-2013, 06:35 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Here ya go

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-knock-retard-table-to-zero.jpg  

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information