Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 04:57 PM
ImIT
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hear anything about Flight Recorder? or is all his energy going into the 2014's

Old 09-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by ImIT
Hear anything about Flight Recorder? or is all his energy going into the 2014's
It's all tied together... but the 2014 touring cals will be first.

I was able to beta the FR but my beta copy will be different than the final version. It will go like this...

2014 Touring calibrations release then the new TTS 3 software release which include a new Flight Recorder, VTune, DataMaster and Mastertune software. There will be a new firmware release for HD06 so it will work with the Flight Recorder that will accompany the new TTS 3 software. All this will be compatible with the BLUE TTS dongle. Some of the new software upgrades will work with the BLACK dongle as well.

The new software will work and look a little different in some ways but will be the same great product with more exciting results.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:33 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Once the updates have been released and downloaded will there be any need to have all three versions on pc or will it be fine to start using new and remove old? Right now I have both 1&2 installed even though I have never used 1.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by slyedog
Once the updates have been released and downloaded will there be any need to have all three versions on pc or will it be fine to start using new and remove old? Right now I have both 1&2 installed even though I have never used 1.
In my opinion you only need the latest release and having both could confuse your OS.

To answer... The 3 release will replace everything so that will be all you need.

All the old data and calibrations will work with the new software they have in the past.

What will be real nice is to have the choice to record data with or without a computer attached to the bike as I've been doing now. I highly prefer without.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:21 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Thanks. Once the flight recorder is out, do you know the recording time limit ? I would assume around an hour? When I have asked tts, all I get is it is still in beta. As a beta tester, it seems you are very fond of the capabilities. With your knowledge, and experience I am excited to use it. Just hope it comes before winter shuts me down. On a positive note, it will be something to look forward to in the spring if it comes out too late.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:05 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by slyedog
Thanks. Once the flight recorder is out, do you know the recording time limit ? I would assume around an hour? When I have asked tts, all I get is it is still in beta. As a beta tester, it seems you are very fond of the capabilities. With your knowledge, and experience I am excited to use it. Just hope it comes before winter shuts me down. On a positive note, it will be something to look forward to in the spring if it comes out too late.
The BLUE TTS has the capability of tuning for hours and hours of riding data but that all depends on which ECM you have in the bike. The J1850 has less recording bytes per second than the CAN BUS bikes. I will take a chance and toss out a number to you but I believe you can get up to 10 or more hours on a J1850 bike. Once the storage is full it will take the first file, erase it, then start a new file so it is in continuous recording.

The simple fact is it will record longer than you want to record data. The fun part is you will be able to turn the bike off, grab some lunch or fuel then start the bike back up and still record data. Once you return from recording you take the TTS off the dongle cable and put it on your computer and download the files from the TTS into DataMaster. Since there will be several files.... you will get into VTune and add all the files you just recorded for generating a new .MT8 VTune file.

More and exciting news with the TT3 software will be solidified as it becomes reality but just as a tease... it will do many functions automatically for you while VTuning. If you are off on your cubic inches due to high VE numbers it will automatically change the CI for you and the VE tables will be adjusted automatically at the same time. It will also work your EGR tables, no more looking at tables in low kPa and making guesses to increase or decrease EGR numbers... There is more but I'm only privy to so much info.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Dozer40
Road Warrior
Received 328 Likes on 176 Posts

Hey Wiz. It almost sounds too good to be true. Like magic! I can't wait to play!

Old 09-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

No doubt Dozer... It will truly be a Wizard.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:07 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
More and exciting news with the TT3 software will be solidified as it becomes reality but just as a tease... it will do many functions automatically for you while VTuning. If you are off on your cubic inches due to high VE numbers it will automatically change the CI for you and the VE tables will be adjusted automatically at the same time. It will also work your EGR tables, no more looking at tables in low kPa and making guesses to increase or decrease EGR numbers... There is more but I'm only privy to so much info.
I like the tease, IMO looks like TTS is solidifying their position as the #1 tuner.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by msocko3
I like the tease, IMO looks like TTS is solidifying their position as the #1 tuner.
I agree, but will the updates work with the older tuners and cables like Mike and I have?

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information