Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
going to flash my calibration when my cable kit arrives tomorrow. 07xl1200c. Does the cal file I plan to use with my upgrades (a/c,full exhaust) have the rpm limit already changed? I have read the pdf with the software quite throughly(lot to take in even though I know most of what is being discussed) and seen nothing about changing rev limit (for the stage 1 a/c) per screamin eagle. Also when I change my afr to 14.6 in the ve tables do I need to ride easy for 1st run, or will the closed loop bias in the cal I picked be sufficient for the data run?

You can set the Rev Limit to anything you want but all calibrations come preset. Doesn't mean the preset is the correct limit for your build.

First few runs it is best to get the lower RPM's set first such as under 3500. No sense in heating your motor up so staging runs is the proper way in my opinion.

CLB's are dependent on your build and wants/needs. My happy place is 684.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
Sometimes setting the idle RPM to a value of say 800 helps with the lower end of the range.

No, you don't want to sit at an idle very long with that low of a setting but for data purposes, several seconds every so often should be fine.
+1

Be sure to work with your EGR's in these areas to smooth out the VE %'s. Work with your 3D graph and data analyzer to see what is going on. Then make your up or down EGR adjustments as needed.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:29 PM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
Sometimes setting the idle RPM to a value of say 800 helps with the lower end of the range.

No, you don't want to sit at an idle very long with that low of a setting but for data purposes, several seconds every so often should be fine.
Not sure I understand.

Guess what I'm asking is if I have four or five VE cells showing 106 and all the cells around them are sub 95, does it make sense to lower those values to say 95

Old 08-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by WildBill2566
Not sure I understand.

Guess what I'm asking is if I have four or five VE cells showing 106 and all the cells around them are sub 95, does it make sense to lower those values to say 95
Go to your VE table then change from the Working Cal to Compare Edit to Original.

See which one of these cells were changed. If there is no change on a number that doesn't match in your 0 throttle area it is OK to make it match the others.

If you are still unsure then post your VE table and a shot of your compare edit to original table.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:48 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Is there any issues changing decel enrich between vtune runs. I am ready to start third run and want to make sure before I save final that is ok now or better after programming final.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:05 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Is there any issues changing decel enrich between vtune runs. I am ready to start third run and want to make sure before I save final that is ok now or better after programming final.
There are no issues changing your Decel Enleanment or your Accel Enrichment in between VTune runs. You can change them on your final calibration at any time if you wish. Just don't zero them out before a VTune run.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:16 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
There are no issues changing your Decel Enleanment or your Accel Enrichment in between VTune runs. You can change them on your final calibration at any time if you wish. Just don't zero them out before a VTune run.
Thanks. I just went in and used increment all and lowered 2 increments. Hope that will help with some popping. If you don't mind I would like to upload my final run and see if you (or anyone that knows this software well) could check it before I flash it. I plan to reprogram the original tts file until I know I am doing this right. I will set afr to original before I upload it.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Thanks. I just went in and used increment all and lowered 2 increments. Hope that will help with some popping. If you don't mind I would like to upload my final run and see if you (or anyone that knows this software well) could check it before I flash it. I plan to reprogram the original tts file until I know I am doing this right. I will set afr to original before I upload it.
Increment the DE by 20% on a final calibration. Ride it while doing a DataMaster recording (general 02 data) when it pops quickly blip your motor a few times and look at your tach. Check the data recording to see what kPa and throttle position it pops at. Then post your findings here. Would be tough if not impossible for anyone to find a decel pop if you just post your calibration.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:37 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Increment the DE by 20% on a final calibration. Ride it while doing a DataMaster recording (general 02 data) when it pops quickly blip your motor a few times and look at your tach. Check the data recording to see what kPa and throttle position it pops at. Then post your findings here. Would be tough if not impossible for anyone to find a decel pop if you just post your calibration.
My main concern was to be sure I have everything set properly not particulary the decal pop. just the overall tune as it sits. I don't have a tach or a way to view laptop while riding. I think that can be played with later as more concerned about stability of tune I just finished. thanks. I will upload in a bit if that is cool.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:53 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information