Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by mrkt50
Need some help please.
Mastertune2 and Datamaster2 hang up when I try to exit. Have to ctrl/shift/esc Running windows7 Old versions datamaster and mastertune work fine.
Anyone else have this problem? Thanks
Your best bet is to call Mastertune. There are many variables that can cause this.

Hopefully you removed your old version before installing Version 2.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:59 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Old versions datamaster and mastertune work fine.

looks to be a negative Wiz.

mrkt50...

close everything you have open and get back to main desktop window. go to control panel, programs and features, find anything in there to do with TTS and remove it ALL.

Once you're done, restart your computer.

Now browse out to http://www.mastertune.net/downloads.htm

find the file (2nd from the bottom) called tts software updater-setup-web-v201.zip

download that to your computer

extract the files

install the updater sofware

now run the updater application and all the newest software will be installed.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

That's probably what Mastertune will tell you... but,

There is no need to delete/uninstall the updater program.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:55 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

And... I have NO issues whatsoever running two different versions of EVERYTHING.

I have old MT v 157, and whatever is the newest of MT2.

Its most likely a conflict in how the PC is set up.

This issue was discussed on HTT, but since I cannot get on that site, call TTS.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:59 PM
mrkt50
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks, I'll try reloading and let you know

Old 08-16-2013, 04:41 PM
mrkt50
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I deleted everything and reloaded mt2, dm2, vtune2.
Still same problem, mt2 and dm2 hang-up when I try to exit program.
I guess I have to contact tts.
Have any of you tried Live Support?

Old 08-16-2013, 04:51 PM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I called Mastertune yesterday and had a long chat with a tech.
He suggested a possible pushrod or cam issue since the cam tune dta put my woods tw-777 at 6 for the ivo, and that be the cause of the problems. I had already tried lowering theVEs in the front but that didn't help, and the sensor is definitely in the flow.I started tearing down and found my spark plugs black as you can get, and Advanced around here doesn't have a compression gauge.I checked my pushrod and they seemed fine, so next the cam cover comes off.
I had a discussion with Bob Woods, and he swears that no headwork is needed for a 96 cid engine with this cam, but the compression really is too low from what I remember in relation to this cam and the low compression in my engine He suggested not using TTS and have it tuned correctly by a pro on a dyno to get it right, and suggested a tuner he as a lot of faith in.
I called the tuner and he said exactly what I thought- not enough compression to make this cam run well on my bike. He also said he switches sensors to wide band ones because the OEM narrow band sensors don't provide enough info for a really good tune. He also suggested changing my exhaust and bumping my engine to 107" cid for more compression and to make the cam shine.
I called Scott at Hillside and he agreed with the tuner,so I am now tearing down my engine, sending the cylinder cases and heads to Hillside and will jump to a 107" cid with stage I heads with compression relief.
It was also suggested that I change my exhaust, being told that my V&H Big Shots could account for up to a 10 hp loss over a 2-1 exhaust like a Bassani Rage B1.
The Bassani is a little too quiet for me, so I will have to do some more research.
Supposedly my TQ & HP will be in the 110-120 range when done. We hall see.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Well, I deleted everything and reloaded mt2, dm2, vtune2.
Still same problem, mt2 and dm2 hang-up when I try to exit program.
I guess I have to contact tts.
Have any of you tried Live Support?
Live Support is a watered down version of TeamViewer. There is no support at the other end of the software. It just allows someone at TTS to remote into your computer.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by ctwith3
I called Mastertune yesterday and had a long chat with a tech.
He suggested a possible pushrod or cam issue since the cam tune dta put my woods tw-777 at 6 for the ivo, and that be the cause of the problems. I had already tried lowering theVEs in the front but that didn't help, and the sensor is definitely in the flow.I started tearing down and found my spark plugs black as you can get, and Advanced around here doesn't have a compression gauge.I checked my pushrod and they seemed fine, so next the cam cover comes off.
I had a discussion with Bob Woods, and he swears that no headwork is needed for a 96 cid engine with this cam, but the compression really is too low from what I remember in relation to this cam and the low compression in my engine He suggested not using TTS and have it tuned correctly by a pro on a dyno to get it right, and suggested a tuner he as a lot of faith in.
I called the tuner and he said exactly what I thought- not enough compression to make this cam run well on my bike. He also said he switches sensors to wide band ones because the OEM narrow band sensors don't provide enough info for a really good tune. He also suggested changing my exhaust and bumping my engine to 107" cid for more compression and to make the cam shine.
I called Scott at Hillside and he agreed with the tuner,so I am now tearing down my engine, sending the cylinder cases and heads to Hillside and will jump to a 107" cid with stage I heads with compression relief.
It was also suggested that I change my exhaust, being told that my V&H Big Shots could account for up to a 10 hp loss over a 2-1 exhaust like a Bassani Rage B1.
The Bassani is a little too quiet for me, so I will have to do some more research.
Supposedly my TQ & HP will be in the 110-120 range when done. We hall see.
The 777's won't cause a sensor issue like that although I would like to see your cam tune data.

Would also like to hear what tuner was recommended instead of the best tuner on the market today which is the TTS.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:49 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Live Support is a watered down version of TeamViewer. There is no support at the other end of the software. It just allows someone at TTS to remote into your computer.
yeah.. tried to get him in a remote session to resolve but I guess he went night night.. :-)

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information