Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 12:48 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
I am going to be the odd man out anymore. A BUNCH of folks will go with Flight Recorder and never look at their Histogram. It is MY thought, for the BEST tuning on YOUR bikes... you guys will NEED to run with a laptop, and ALSO run with a 7" monitor. This allows you to exactly mimic what a dyno tuner sees while he is tuning a bike.... it is ALL about gathering Data. Better the Data, the better the tune.
I'm with you on this 100%, I'm not the least bit interested in Flight Recorder, kind of like flying blind. I've been using a 7" monitor and IMO its the cats a$$ when it comes to keeping track of whats going on and getting good hits on the cells.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:14 AM
Garp
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
That's about the best base calibration for you... go for it.

Cheer's Mr wizard

Old 08-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
I'm with you on this 100%, I'm not the least bit interested in Flight Recorder, kind of like flying blind. I've been using a 7" monitor and IMO its the cats a$$ when it comes to keeping track of whats going on and getting good hits on the cells.
Then that makes me the odd man out. Can't say anymore right now.... but since I've used both.. I choose the FR.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:06 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Then that makes me the odd man

well duh! LOL

All I can say (without agreeing/disagreeing with anyone) is I really like being able see what I'm doing with my 9" Windows tablet mounted to the left handlebar mirror post albeit a little more dangerous on trafficed roads. I can stop, kill the bike, compile the new tune, flash it back and be on my way all right there on the side of the road. But I most certainly can see where the FR will come in very handy as well.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 AM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
make sure that the o2 sensor with the black plug on it is screwed into the rear o2 sensor port on the exhaust and the grey plug to the front port on the exhaust. Also make sure if you used anti-sieze on the threads that you did not get any on the tip of the sensor. If you did, use contact cleaner or MAP sensor cleaner to spray it off. DO NOT WIPE the sensors with a rag..
The Sensor is clean, and the sensors actually came from the MoCo w/ anti=sieze on the threads.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:15 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Wiz/Truk.. could this possibly be a case of a leaking head gasket or an exhaust port gasket leaking?

Old 08-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Wiz/Truk.. could this possibly be a case of a leaking head gasket or an exhaust port gasket leaking?
Nope

A leak is a leak. The only way an 02 sensor will not show a rise and fall is to encase it the same air while the bike is running.

Best way to find an exhaust leak? Pull the plugs and drop in about an oz of oil into the cylinder and crank it up. Look for the smoke.

ct has a bad/broken connection somewhere going to the front sensor from the ECM back. That's the only logical explanation.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by ctwith3
Need help---
I went to the stealer early this morning, got a new set of o2 sensors, installed them, and did and did a generic o2 data collection.
Not much different than my posts above, except that this time the o2 reading moved, but only dropped to 4960. Something id seriously wrong here. all the wires on the bike look like they are in ship shape, including under the seat, and all the fuses are good as well.
Anyone have any ideas what I need to try next? I called Mastertune and they had a power surge that wiped out systems and they can't speak to me until maybe tomorrow.
Can you post your actual map? Your injector bpw's look huge at idle. I suspect you are just drowning your o2's with fuel.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Can you post your actual map? Your injector bpw's look huge at idle. I suspect you are just drowning your o2's with fuel.
LW....

I think this file https://app.box.com/s/ktou75ropc8z8yuv2qow

is what you are referring to. I think he has a few VTune runs on it and with that high read out on the front sensor his front injector is compensating and is about a full point high. I saw that too but shrugged it off. I still think he has a weak or bad sensor connection. He said he already changed the sensor. Any quick ideas how he can find it? He's metering the last time we spoke.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:40 AM
mrkt50
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Need some help please.
Mastertune2 and Datamaster2 hang up when I try to exit. Have to ctrl/shift/esc Running windows7 Old versions datamaster and mastertune work fine.
Anyone else have this problem? Thanks

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information