Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by BearShit
OK..I,ll go 661 across the board..gonna start fresh..time to regroup way to many Vtune runs and maps under my belt 5/6 weeks now TKS

780 is max, don't want to push the injectors.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Buszzbait
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey mr wizard, I bought the tuner a couple years back for my 2010 limited. You helped me out back then and sent me a map of a tune that you where using on you scooter at the time.
Bike runs real strong but the heat from my 2-1 bissanis are unbearable when outside temps are above 80 to 85 degrees. I haven't tuned it since then but only had a chance last couple years to get it out a couple times a year being from Montana. I need more play and less work for sure!
Should I start over on the tune? Any suggestions, to much lean you think? Hell, I feel I been away from this to long I'm feeling stupid!
Thanks

Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Buszzbait
Hey mr wizard, I bought the tuner a couple years back for my 2010 limited. You helped me out back then and sent me a map of a tune that you where using on you scooter at the time.
Bike runs real strong but the heat from my 2-1 bissanis are unbearable when outside temps are above 80 to 85 degrees. I haven't tuned it since then but only had a chance last couple years to get it out a couple times a year being from Montana. I need more play and less work for sure!
Should I start over on the tune? Any suggestions, to much lean you think? Hell, I feel I been away from this to long I'm feeling stupid!
Thanks
Not what you want to hear but if you pull your lowers off it will be much cooler. I too am from the great state of Montana. If you have not made any changes to your bike then no need to start over but you can run some Vtunes off your current map to see where you are. Nice thing about montana is there are a fair amount of places that are vtune friendly.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:53 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Buszzbait
Thanks
Pipes are hot...

If they just got to where they were hotter than before you can clear your AFV's using datamaster. This will take you back to a fresh calibration and so you don't need to flash again.

If you think the bike has gone through some sort of metamorphosis then you can VTune to your hearts desire.

I'll bet the pipes will still be hot.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Buszzbait
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
Not what you want to hear but if you pull your lowers off it will be much cooler.
That I should of done when I rode to California from Montana w the wife in late summer 2010. I just recently got back from there last month where temps where in the 3 digits. That's when it seems I cannot get my right leg far enough out. I know it's a bad idea anyways, but I wore shorts one day while I rode maybe 40 miles and it felt like my leg was going to melt...thanks for the info.

Dan

Old 07-24-2013, 09:56 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

What you may wish to do is investigate where your timing is at. Not only will LEAN mixture make heat, but so will timing that is too retarded. You can play with that a bit and do some timing runs.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Bullfrog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with base map.

Can somebody please help me with a base map for a 2005 SE Electra Glide Classic 103 with Reinhart Tru Duals? Also any advice on trying to tune an open loop system would be much appreciated. I have tuned a couple of closed loop bikes with pretty good results but I have never tried an open loop bike. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:57 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

TTS won't tune open-loop.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Bullfrog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
TTS won't tune open-loop.
So basically all I will be able to do then, is download a map and manually set AFR and anything else that I want to change. Is that correct?

Old 07-25-2013, 04:07 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
So basically all I will be able to do then, is download a map and manually set AFR and anything else that I want to change. Is that correct?
oh you can pretty much do anything you want from afr (for your year bike) to timing, to EGR, to cam settings, etc..

it's all done through vtuning...

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information