Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 11:59 PM
OZARKTOAD
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also one more question. I was noticing on my last vtune run riding two up into a brisk wind, at 70 in 6th gear, a noise coming from between my gas tank and windshield. Almost like big June bugs or small pebbles hitting the windshield sporadically.(however) there weren't any bugs. It only happened when I opened the throttle under high loads in 6th. Amazingly most of it diminished after I loaded the last map on the ECM. Is this noise normal? Could it be a result of a lean condition? Thx for any input.

Last edited by OZARKTOAD; 06-30-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:45 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by OZARKTOAD
So after 7 runs this is what I've got. Am I on the right track. *sorry havnt figured out how to screen print on my computer yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap9y25n1en...%2030%20PM.jpg
to get a good view of what exactly changed, select settings, highlight low map. will look like this.

also can you post your latest map

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-capture.jpg  
Old 06-30-2013, 07:46 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
A GOOD tuner is in the House!!!!!!! Welcome aboard Jason!!!!!
+1.. Good to have you around Jason...

Old 06-30-2013, 11:09 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by OZARKTOAD
Also one more question. I was noticing on my last vtune run riding two up into a brisk wind, at 70 in 6th gear, a noise coming from between my gas tank and windshield. Almost like big June bugs or small pebbles hitting the windshield sporadically.(however) there weren't any bugs. It only happened when I opened the throttle under high loads in 6th. Amazingly most of it diminished after I loaded the last map on the ECM. Is this noise normal? Could it be a result of a lean condition? Thx for any input.
Sounds like detonation. I wouldn't address it until you are done vtuning and and have you AR tableback to how you are going to run the bike. If it is bad. You can highlight 70 kpa on over and 2000 on down and take 2 out of the timing table.

Thanks guys.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:53 PM
MattyAmber
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a few more vtune runs I have idle map running 39-42 kpa, the last run I raised my EGR up 30% 1200 rpm up and 10% below that. Should i continue down that same route to help flatten out my ve's more and raise everything below 7% throttle? I assume the hump on the graph will always be there from 3000 to 4000?

last vtune: https://www.box.com/s/vhydvof2fz2v9v61gkwk
last mt8: https://www.box.com/s/pwo1c9f3scfhnjwmxyp2

previous mt8: https://www.box.com/s/75bfoi7c9gc41tyxr5r4

I'm trying to learn about the EGR effect and smoothing.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Northwestsooner
Intermediate
Default High temp fuel knock

Can anyone point me in the right direction? What I am going to have to do? My TBW quit and installed a new one. Got a bad bathch of gas, and am getting a lot of fuel pinging. I have changed out the fuel. I have ran some Vtunes but still have some pretty bad pinging going on. Hot temps probably have quite a bit to do with it. Ran good until temps got over 90 degrees out. Wondering if o2 sensors might be getting bad. Show green on vtunes but run the generic o2 data and it stays red with the number 1. Engine also shows red with the #1. What does that mean? I am running 91 octane, the best i can get here. Is there a way to send someone the last generic o2 file and the last programed mt8 file for someone to look at and tell me what i am looking at? Or try the new TTS live support? Thank you

Old 07-02-2013, 04:40 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

you can start by pulling your o2 sensors and spraying them down with CRC MAF cleaner then put a dab of anti seize compound on the threads being really careful not to get it on the tips. This does not leave a residue so you should be fine with it. o2s have to work to get everything else in line...

Originally Posted by Northwestsooner
Can anyone point me in the right direction? What I am going to have to do? My TBW quit and installed a new one. Got a bad bathch of gas, and am getting a lot of fuel pinging. I have changed out the fuel. I have ran some Vtunes but still have some pretty bad pinging going on. Hot temps probably have quite a bit to do with it. Ran good until temps got over 90 degrees out. Wondering if o2 sensors might be getting bad. Show green on vtunes but run the generic o2 data and it stays red with the number 1. Engine also shows red with the #1. What does that mean? I am running 91 octane, the best i can get here. Is there a way to send someone the last generic o2 file and the last programed mt8 file for someone to look at and tell me what i am looking at? Or try the new TTS live support? Thank you

Old 07-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Northwestsooner
Hook up your TTS, turn on the console switch and run switch.

Open DataMaster.. Select Generic 02 data recording... doesn't matter what you name the file... Get ECM info... Clear DTC then Reset AFV's...

Turn the bike off, unhook every thing, start it and ride.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyAmber
After a few more vtune runs I have idle map running 39-42 kpa, the last run I raised my EGR up 30% 1200 rpm up and 10% below that. Should i continue down that same route to help flatten out my ve's more and raise everything below 7% throttle? I assume the hump on the graph will always be there from 3000 to 4000?

last vtune: https://www.box.com/s/vhydvof2fz2v9v61gkwk
last mt8: https://www.box.com/s/pwo1c9f3scfhnjwmxyp2

previous mt8: https://www.box.com/s/75bfoi7c9gc41tyxr5r4

I'm trying to learn about the EGR effect and smoothing.
Viewing your last posted files and your previous... It's impossible for someone who hasn't been working with your tune from the ground up to give you any feedback except maybe for this.

Your Spark tables are wigged out and your VE tables weren't created by VTune. They have been extended to where the bike can't possibly go so an outsider has no idea what you did and what VTune did. Your rear cylinder has very high values taken out of it which is unusual with your bike build. Something weird is going on.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Northwestsooner
Intermediate

I cleaned the O2 sensors, checked DTC but no codes, reset AFR, ran couple Vtunes, ran a data master & checked for knock retard. Had some on rear cylinder and 1 on front. Added 5% to the the cells just before the knock. The cells were less than the cells next to them. The 5 percent put them about the same as the cells next to them. Rode it pretty hard with no knock. But it is cooler this evening. Will see what it does when the temps get back up into the 100's. thank you for the help.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information