Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 06:31 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

HEHE.. A newbie I get to corrupt! LOL

just kidding.

man the TTS will not work (vtune) in open loop. Take a look at page 106 of the TTS manual for the parts necessary to convert to closed loop and allow vtuning. Otherwise you're going to have to bring the bike to a tuner to allow him/her to tune it on a dyno.

Originally Posted by smeagol
I'm completely new to tts. It is on order but hasn't arrived yet. In the mean time I've been doing lots of reading. I hope dumb questions are allowed here.

My bike is a 06 Ultra with a new 95 inch Harley reman motor (the old 88 inch crapped out). No O2 sensors. Basically stock everything except AC and V&H slipons. I plan to do cams and heads later after the year warranty expires.

Does the Vtune program work on open loop systems or only with closed loop?

I'm looking at using BNS141-03 for the initial flash. Am I on the right track?

Thanks.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:27 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

smeagol

As Mr. Nutz has alluded to... find a good tuner and have them tune your bike with TTS.

I also know of someone who did the complete conversion to closed loop for their bike. Yours being an 06? You HAVE the correct ECM etc. A little time a little money and your bike COULD be running closed loop.

AFter the tune, if the bike has a closed loop system, you COULD alter the tune, if desired, and also having a bike run in closed loop is a plus for sure.

Please state what State and City you are from... u never know, we MIGHT know of a decent tuner within a couple of hours from you.

Regardless of open or closed loop... you will want to have someone who is familiar with TTS. Also, you will wish to have an **** asshat to do the tune... Like LW would! Most dealers will not tune ANY bike all that well (there are, of course, exceptions to this).

Old 06-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Truk

What's the name of your tune shop again? I forgot.

Sorry but I'm old and decrepit like that. Need your address and contact number for another member.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:33 PM
smeagol
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
smeagol

Please state what State and City you are from... u never know, we MIGHT know of a decent tuner within a couple of hours from you.
Old habit from other forums. I fixed the city and state.

man the TTS will not work (vtune) in open loop. Take a look at page 106 of the TTS manual for the parts necessary to convert to closed loop and allow vtuning. Otherwise you're going to have to bring the bike to a tuner to allow him/her to tune it on a dyno.
I'll check out that page reference. Thanks.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:36 PM
OZARKTOAD
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is auto extend pretty accurate? I have run 5 tunes and auto extended the last one. Am going to try to figure out how to post my ve comparison tables.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:43 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member

Buckeye Tuning
Ashland Ohio

Can be reached thru PMs if that is OK?

Old 06-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by OZARKTOAD
Is auto extend pretty accurate? I have run 5 tunes and auto extended the last one. Am going to try to figure out how to post my ve comparison tables.

Auto extend is as accurate as the data that is provided to it. After the first or second VTune run I always extend.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:53 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

You can CL the 06 for about $100. Might be a little more if you can't find someone to crimp the wires, but I am sure you could find someone to do this on nice 18 gauge aviation wire and mail it to you.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:26 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
You can CL the 06 for about $100. Might be a little more if you can't find someone to crimp the wires, but I am sure you could find someone to do this on nice 18 gauge aviation wire and mail it to you.

A GOOD tuner is in the House!!!!!!! Welcome aboard Jason!!!!!

Old 06-29-2013, 11:21 PM
OZARKTOAD
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So after 7 runs this is what I've got. Am I on the right track. *sorry havnt figured out how to screen print on my computer yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap9y25n1en...%2030%20PM.jpg

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information