Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ctwith3
I must be in worse shape than I thought- I thought that a year or 2 ago you put together a shortened more straightforward kind of user guide.
YOu are thinking of Doc weaver, he put out a more user friendly guide. just google doc's tts tuning guide or something like that and you will find it.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:12 AM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just ordered my TTS

Just ordered my TTS and Stage 1 air cleaner from Fullsac. Within a month, I'll add Fullsac header pipe. I'll get the header pipe and installation done from my dealership. TTS and air cleaner will arrive this week. Thanks for the advice Wiz.

But one question. Alice said Steve will send me the 2012 Triglide download but she said it is meant to be added in conjuction with the header pipe and air cleaner...slip-0ns could be added last. So the question is.....Still add the TTS and Steve's download even though I don't have the header pipes yet? (I'm determine to tune this myself but obviously my knowledge is limited but I want to learn and hopefully not do something that can't be undone.) Thanks.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fat Cat
Just ordered my TTS and Stage 1 air cleaner from Fullsac. Within a month, I'll add Fullsac header pipe. I'll get the header pipe and installation done from my dealership. TTS and air cleaner will arrive this week. Thanks for the advice Wiz.

But one question. Alice said Steve will send me the 2012 Triglide download but she said it is meant to be added in conjuction with the header pipe and air cleaner...slip-0ns could be added last. So the question is.....Still add the TTS and Steve's download even though I don't have the header pipes yet? (I'm determine to tune this myself but obviously my knowledge is limited but I want to learn and hopefully not do something that can't be undone.) Thanks.
I would wait until you add the fulsac header and air cleaner before doing the download. Steve's downloads are supposed to be very good for his header set up so probably save you some time and aggrivation. pipes are one thing that change a lot in the tunes

Old 04-24-2013, 02:43 PM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
YOu are thinking of Doc weaver, he put out a more user friendly guide. just google doc's tts tuning guide or something like that and you will find it.
Doc/Wizard- I was close!

Old 04-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by ctwith3
Doc/Wizard- I was close!
Hey... wait a minute.

He's very old and ugly. We are not even close !! I'm just ugly.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:08 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Do NOT, under ANY circumstances use Doc's tuning guide, fellas. One does NOT turn AE and DE all to zeros anymore. AEs and DEs need at LEAST 0.1 in all the slots for v-tuning. Standard settings are fine, also, and is what TTS recommends.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:47 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
Do NOT, under ANY circumstances use Doc's tuning guide, fellas. One does NOT turn AE and DE all to zeros anymore. AEs and DEs need at LEAST 0.1 in all the slots for v-tuning. Standard settings are fine, also, and is what TTS recommends.
yes i forgot about that. Good catch.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

It's not a bad thing to do... Steve just doesn't recommend it anymore as he has found it made no difference in the data. It's just another step that you can leave out.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:09 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
It's not a bad thing to do... Steve just doesn't recommend it anymore as he has found it made no difference in the data. It's just another step that you can leave out.
I believe Doc also came out on the other forum and said not to set them to 0.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Yes, he did... He found the same data info as Steve.

Changing the AE and DE tables to 0 doesn't do any damage to your data or tune abilities... they just shortened the tuning steps by taking that out.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information