Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
Please excuse my lack of knowledge question:

I had my bike dyno tuned and am very happy with the tune. The tuner told me the O2 sensors don't really do anything anymore since my bike is tuned out of their range. My bike doesn't seem to adapt to sharp temperature changes as well as it did when the O2 sensors were active. Would it be a big advantage to go to wide range sensors or to leave well enough alone.
Sounds like it has been tuned open loop, not a big deal if it's a good tune. What do you mean by "adapting to sharp temperature change"? That sounds like a tune issue, not related to o2 sensor.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:30 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems to run best when the outside temp is the same as the day it was tuned. It still runs great when its 45 degrees but will get a few pops after being in the higher RPM's and letting off the throttle quickly

Old 12-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

I would try reducing the values 10-15% in the de table. This should make a difference. If it gets worse just go in the opposite direction, but that's rare.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:15 PM
punkmxcn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I finally connected my tts. Seems like I saved my stock File And then I programmed a friends dyno-tuned file. I was looking around for the saved stock file and didnt find it anywhere. So now I am thinking I didn't do it right. Is there any way to be certain?
Also I started reading the help contents and it said something about the VIN being verified. But when I did mine it never asked anything about verifying the VIN. Any thoughts?

Old 01-05-2013, 06:20 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by punkmxcn
So I finally connected my tts. Seems like I saved my stock File And then I programmed a friends dyno-tuned file. I was looking around for the saved stock file and didnt find it anywhere. So now I am thinking I didn't do it right. Is there any way to be certain?
Also I started reading the help contents and it said something about the VIN being verified. But when I did mine it never asked anything about verifying the VIN. Any thoughts?
The saved fill has a .MTE extension, you should be able to do a search for it on your hard drive.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:07 AM
punkmxcn
Tourer

I found the saved files, thanks. So I'm going to assume everything on loading the new file went smoothly. I'll see how well the bike runs tonight.
Thanks

Old 01-05-2013, 01:05 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by punkmxcn
I found the saved files, thanks. So I'm going to assume everything on loading the new file went smoothly. I'll see how well the bike runs tonight.
Thanks
Do your self a huge favour which may pay its self back in the future, backup that .MTE file in more than one place. Its amazing how many people have their computer crap out and loose it. The map you uploaded would be a great start to V-Tune from, maps are not one size fits all even though components may be identical.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:58 PM
punkmxcn
Tourer

Originally Posted by msocko3
Do your self a huge favour which may pay its self back in the future, backup that .MTE file in more than one place. Its amazing how many people have their computer crap out and loose it. The map you uploaded would be a great start to V-Tune from, maps are not one size fits all even though components may be identical.
Yeah, we save our files on the computer and on a thumbdrive. We can take our files anywhere!
Yeah, the plan is to V-Tune, not sure if I'm that saavy... or I guess a dyno tune; that runs about $600 in the bay area!

Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Dozer40
Road Warrior
Received 328 Likes on 176 Posts

Hey guys...after I installed my cams I took in to have it Dynoed using the TTS. My question is, when I decide to change my pipes can I just use V-Tune and use my existing map as a Base? The tuner used an MT8 base map.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dozer40
Hey guys...after I installed my cams I took in to have it Dynoed using the TTS. My question is, when I decide to change my pipes can I just use V-Tune and use my existing map as a Base? The tuner used an MT8 base map.
Yep that'll work for you.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information