Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 02:45 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by strokerjlk
maybe you guys missed this.
but go ahead and wow me with all your experience tuning sportsters
I have to admit I did skim, and the only Sporty I messed with had a carb and was a long time ago.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:45 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Yet another great idea Dave. BTW, have a happy holiday to you and yours and the ClutchWiz and M3 will be installed after the holiday.
Same to you and your family, don't eat to much Turkey.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:47 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Thank you sir!

... and to you

I would write it but working three jobs now leaves me no time. At least I own the companies. Can't find qualified people to work in Atlanta.... besides, I'm not that smart, the darn TTS keeps changing. LOL
Remember all work and no play makes Wiz a dull boy.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:01 AM
tionestat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just dynoed

Wiz happy thanksgiving. Now the question -- just last week had my SC dynoed with a TTS at a harley dealer, can I hook it up to my lap top and down load the map (AFR reading and all) so I can look at it to see what they did. I took it back after the dyno because it pinged at 25,2600 rpm and they just backed out 11/2 degrees of timing without putting it back on the dyno. I have a 48h cam in it and that RPM is right where the torque starts kicking in. I'm not that sharp on all this stuff but something just doesn't smell right. I really need someone to put a arm around me and pat me on the head and say everything will be alright.
Thanks dude

Old 11-21-2012, 04:35 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by tionestat
Wiz happy thanksgiving. Now the question -- just last week had my SC dynoed with a TTS at a harley dealer, can I hook it up to my lap top and down load the map (AFR reading and all) so I can look at it to see what they did. I took it back after the dyno because it pinged at 25,2600 rpm and they just backed out 11/2 degrees of timing without putting it back on the dyno. I have a 48h cam in it and that RPM is right where the torque starts kicking in. I'm not that sharp on all this stuff but something just doesn't smell right. I really need someone to put a arm around me and pat me on the head and say everything will be alright.
Thanks dude

Unfortunately you can't download and read the map, the dealer should have provided you a copy of your final map. Its kind of a shot in the dark them just arbitrarily pulling timing without knowing what kpa the knock occurred at, that is unless they went all the way across the whole table which isn't right.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:26 AM
strokerjlk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tionestat
Thanks dude
Msocko 3 is correct. You need a copy of your map .
Tts isn't like sepst or PV. You can't pull your map and look at it.
Does it still ping? Sounds like they did the right thing pulling a deg or two of timing. If it is still pinging? Then several things need to be known? Where is it happening at? what kpa ? (closed loop/ open loop area) throttle position. What is the actual timing ? What is the spark temp correction? Does it happen after it is heat soaked? Or all the time?
The main concern I would have is? How well were the ve,s dialed in?
If all is well with the quality of the VE calibrations , then they did the right thing IMO. And if it dosent still ping I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:44 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Ding, ding, ding... <- I like doing that..

We have two winning answers but you need to see your dyno calibration to find your present issue and any future issues. So.. any more chat about what is wrong is mute. We would be on a wild goose chase. How do we even know the correct calibration was used? Cam Selector adjustments and so on.

Go get your calibration (not Map, that is Manifold Absolute Pressure) LOL,

Old 11-21-2012, 08:46 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Go get your calibration (not Map, that is Manifold Absolute Pressure) LOL,
I see someone is awake this morning full of **** and vinegar!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
I see someone is awake this morning full of **** and vinegar!
Let see... it's 10 am here... have been up for 4 hours and just finished my second Root Beer.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Sparra
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey fella's...I am slowly getting my bike sorted and managing a few v-tunes but was wondering if someone can shed some light on pinging...I have only ever heard it in a car and it was a distinct pinging sound...Since I have been trying to tune my bike there is a noise that sorta sounds like the motor is labouring, it's pretty hard to pinpoint as the pipes are loud and I was wondering if this is the motor pinging...Is there a way of looking at my data to see if the motor is in fact pinging and is there a way to adjust the timing to stop it if it is???

It definately wasn't there with the stock pipes and air on it...

Cheers...Sparra

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information