Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Yeah... well.....

I've heard from the horse's mouth that there are over 200 data switch points unseen to the end user. These switch points are either turned on or off depending on the bike motor size and or modifications. The larger the motor and heavier the mod components the more data switches are flipped in the programming calibration.

I've not gone wrong by using a standard calibration and simply raising the CI but not all larger calibrations will work on a standard type motor combo. This may have changed since the MT8 cals are out now with the Cam Selector and EGR but I wouldn't count on it.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:02 PM
skyway0018746
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys, just joined the forum after reading a lot you have to offer. first off i just got my harley and not evean 500 miles i had to start playing with it...
went and bought mastertune after reading it's probably the best option out there.
I have done tuning before so this isnt new to me, but the program is.
while in waiting for my cables to arive i have a question.
first off i have a 2012 nightster but on the mastertune file it has a file for 07-09 sportster (this would be my starting tune?) will this work with my 2012 with the same motor? file TFM171-02-B2.mt7
And where is the port that i plug into on the bike? i have found two ones directly under the seat the other is on the left side and a little further lower on the bike.
thanks guys

Old 05-17-2012, 11:54 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Started reading this thread 3 days ago and I'm finally done..whew!
I have decided that this is the way I'll go, thanks all.

Couple ? if I may, should I wait for the updated version with a 2012 Wide Glide?

Do I have to ride with a laptop or is there another way to do this?

And a buddy asks if there is a limit to mods that can be done and the TTS would not be able to deal with?

Thanks Much.

Al

Old 05-17-2012, 01:05 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

you will need to ride with a lap top if you are going to vtune and it will work from mild to wild on engine builds. If you have a dyno tuner that works with tts then you don't need the lap top as he will use his equipment. You can also just run the base cal and be so so without needing to ride with your lap top but I found the base calibration on two different set ups not that great. It took many miles/hours if vtuning to get it dialed in.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:27 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member

Thanks, my laptop has had a bad battery, but I think I can use the wife's.

New version of TTS needed/wanted for my bike ??

Al

Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW

Al
i think you need the new version but you would want it any way because it is going to have some feature that the older version does not. it will automatically save your original calibration so you don't have to worry about losing it and apparently some other upgrade features.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

With the TTS-II version you will not need a computer to ride with on your bike. The current version TTS will not work on your bike.

The new version will be out very soon.

MT is correct, there is no option NOT to save your factory calibration as it will be stored on the VCI (the TTS box). No more worries on that. The new VCI will also be upgradable online with new product features. I've also been told it will be only a few bucks more.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:06 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
With the TTS-II version you will not need a computer to ride with on your bike. The current version TTS will not work on your bike.

The new version will be out very soon.

MT is correct, there is no option NOT to save your factory calibration as it will be stored on the VCI (the TTS box). No more worries on that. The new VCI will also be upgradable online with new product features. I've also been told it will be only a few bucks more.

Thanks much, I like the no laptop needed feature, and the forgetful old fart in me like the auto save feature..

Al

Old 05-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Retraction... the TTS-II will need a computer when it first marketed but the software updates for the VCI will allow you to record without a computer at a later date.

Thanks guys...

Old 05-19-2012, 06:50 AM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW

Al
I ran wires to a lighter plug in the tourpak, then used a small power inverter to power my laptop. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information