Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:10 PM
punkmxcn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mtclassic
just down load his file into your lap top and save under documents and open it and click on the program ecm iin the file tab. That said Doc always says that it is usually better to Vtune your bike off the base cal closest for your bike.
Well, we both have 2010 fxd's and we both run SE air cleaner, we both have stock motor/cams, only difference is he runs a pro pipe and I have a thunderheader.
close enough?

Old 04-27-2012, 07:19 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by punkmxcn
Well, we both have 2010 fxd's and we both run SE air cleaner, we both have stock motor/cams, only difference is he runs a pro pipe and I have a thunderheader.
close enough?
big difference in pipes and according to Doc even if all items were the same every engine is just a bit different. He tunes with TTS for a living so I tend to believe what he says when it comes to TTS and tunes. If you just want to have an average tune then run it but if you want it to be as good as it can be I would vtune it from the base cal.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

To break it down simply is this.

1. No two bikes/motors breath the same
2. No two bikes/motors have the same internal clearances
3. The Pro pipe and the thunderheader are close but different.
3B. The 02 sensor weldment bungs are set differently and the sensors are of different depth and angle. So they will not be of equal voltage of the free oxygen information to the ECM.
4. Factory 02 sensors are not exact. They do have manufacturing tolerance differentials.

So with all this in mind, if you flash your buddies calibration your chances of having the same pull and efficacy as your buddy is slim, possible but slim. If you take your buddies calibration and simply set it up for VTune you can adjust the VE's to your motor rather quickly. It is doubtful there would be any timing changes on the calibration.

Cheers

-wiz

Old 04-28-2012, 06:29 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
To break it down simply is this.

1. No two bikes/motors breath the same
2. No two bikes/motors have the same internal clearances
3. The Pro pipe and the thunderheader are close but different.
3B. The 02 sensor weldment bungs are set differently and the sensors are of different depth and angle. So they will not be of equal voltage of the free oxygen information to the ECM.
4. Factory 02 sensors are not exact. They do have manufacturing tolerance differentials.

So with all this in mind, if you flash your buddies calibration your chances of having the same pull and efficacy as your buddy is slim, possible but slim. If you take your buddies calibration and simply set it up for VTune you can adjust the VE's to your motor rather quickly. It is doubtful there would be any timing changes on the calibration.

Cheers

-wiz
Plus no 2 sets of injectors are the same, I learned that a few years back just swapping around a throttle body, exact same throttle body as came from the bike. The new throttle body made the bike which had been tuned run rich as a pig, had the bike put on the dyno and re-tuned with the final map being night and day from the old tuned map.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:00 PM
07 street bob
Advanced
Default stock tune will not backup

help!
Just received my TTS tuner from Steve and having a problem. I hooked everything up fine, but when I went to backup the stock tune it will go to 99% and then come up with a error code just saying ERROR cannot backup. I cannot get it to backup. I have tried everything. I called Steve but it is Saturday. I called TTS but they are also closed..
Any ideas???

Old 04-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

What did the error code say "exactly"?

When you installed the software did you do it from the CD? If so, did you run the updater??

Old 04-28-2012, 04:28 PM
07 street bob
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
What did the error code say "exactly"?

When you installed the software did you do it from the CD? If so, did you run the updater??
Installed the cd on my laptop. Ran the update exactly like they said. All went fine. Found the port clicked to save the file, named the file and it started to save the file. It went all the way to 99% done the a box opened and said "error". No code or #'s . Just error. That is a far as I got...

Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 PM
07 street bob
Advanced

Originally Posted by 07 street bob
Installed the cd on my laptop. Ran the update exactly like they said. All went fine. Found the port clicked to save the file, named the file and it started to save the file. It went all the way to 99% done the a box opened and said "error". No code or #'s . Just error. That is a far as I got...

the bike is a 2012 CVO RG..

Old 04-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

When you ran the updater did you place a check mark in Mastertune and Datamaster and VTune Software? Did you have to reinstall these programs after the update downloaded them?

Old 04-28-2012, 04:31 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I would try it again and make sure the cables are fully pluged in.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information