Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Fatboylorider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tts

I recently had my 2010 Fatboy Lo bumped form 96" to 103". Wanted to go bigger, but stayed all Screaming Eagle for warranty!!!!...........My wrench installed new jugs, 254e cams, SE 10.5:1 pistons and a TTS Mastertune!!!!.........I can't believe the difference!!!!!........the throttle responce is awesome!!!!!.........the bike also runs cooler and the gas mileage has gone up a little. I am sold on the TTS and would highly recomend it to any one looking for higher performance at a decent price!!!!!.......I will post pic's of the Dyno session when I learn how too!!!!!.......

Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DmZ
I ended up restarting from scratch on my tune, as i didn't feel i went easy on my first couple of runs during my initial set of vtune runs. I did 4 vtune runs. Here is the change in VE output after the final merge. Did i fill enough cells or should i do more vtune runs? Still have some decel popping, will that possibly shake out after a few tanks of gas?. I did run a data run after the last upload if thats needed. Thanks for any input, it is much appreciated. I still feel underknowledgable, but having fun learning.
get a monitor either a 7" monitor or use a smart phone and it makes it much easier to get vturnes like this quickly.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

MT

Did you put the 254's in yet?

Old 04-23-2012, 06:02 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
MT

Did you put the 254's in yet?
yes that is what the above vtune is from. I really like them and it only took 2 vtune runs to get that. nice and smooth roll on power from idle all the way up.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:04 PM
DmZ
6th Gear

Thanks MT and Mr. Wizard. I assume your posts mean i need more complete data. I have spent the last two days getting a network solution to work, so i can hook up my droid x2. Teamviewer was decent software, but the android client would not work with my spare 4g hotspot because it has no service (no internet/lan only). So i ended up using tightvnc server and android vnc client app. Looks like it will work well. And i get to use my $250 dollar hotspot that was sitting in a drawer gathering dust for something useful. Looking forward to learning how to get more complete vtune data runs, now if the weather and schedule would just cooperate.

Thanks again!

DmZ

Old 04-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

If your laptop has wireless you can simply make an adhoc network. Call it VTune. Enable the VTune adhoc and find the network on your phone and connect to it. It has about a 30' range. Start Teamviewer on your laptop. Open up your laptop network and view the status details for the IP address.

Start Teamviewer on your phone and enter that IP and the generated password. Bam... you will be looking at your laptop screen on your phone..

Just hope you don't get a phone call while riding. It will break the adhoc network and you will lose the view.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:48 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

If your laptop has wireless you can simply make an adhoc network. Call it VTune. Enable the VTune adhoc and find the network on your phone and connect to it. It has about a 30' range. Start Teamviewer on your laptop. Open up your laptop network and view the status details for the IP address.

Start Teamviewer on your phone and enter that IP and the generated password. Bam... you will be looking at your laptop screen on your phone..

Just hope you don't get a phone call while riding. It will break the adhoc network and you will lose the view.
biggest problem I had with using my droidX2 was being able to easily see the cells fill. It got to the point where it was dangerous because I was concentrating on the phone vs the road LOL. the 7" monitor makes it a breeze and you never have to worry about the phone call coming in.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:31 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
biggest problem I had with using my droidX2 was being able to easily see the cells fill. It got to the point where it was dangerous because I was concentrating on the phone vs the road LOL. the 7" monitor makes it a breeze and you never have to worry about the phone call coming in.
I keep seeing this complaint with using a phone. Does the teamviewer app not allow zooming in? Also, when I use my old android phone it doesn't have cell service, if yours does you could just pull the sim card.

I use an app called android vnc viewer and run RealVNC server with a 30 day free trial on my laptop. It has no delay in refreshing to the phone. Then on the phone I zoom in on the Vtune window so all I see are the TPS and RPM of the cells I'm interested in. It's pretty easy to see what cells I'm hitting at that point.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:55 AM
DmZ
6th Gear

Originally Posted by mattVA
I use an app called android vnc viewer and run RealVNC server with a 30 day free trial on my laptop. It has no delay in refreshing to the phone. Then on the phone I zoom in on the Vtune window so all I see are the TPS and RPM of the cells I'm interested in. It's pretty easy to see what cells I'm hitting at that point.
I too am using android vnc viewer, but with tightvnc server which doesn't expire and is still free.

Tried using Teamviewer, but the client didn't work on my phone (droid x2 not iphone) because it was connected to a non-internet network. The app must be different between the two. /Shrug. No biggie, i got it to work, thats all that matters.

Originally Posted by mtclassic
get a monitor either a 7" monitor or use a smart phone and it makes it much easier to get vturnes like this quickly.

7" monitor certainly sounds very nice. I will give this a shot and see how difficult it is to concentrate on the road at the same time. If i need to i'll look into it.

MT, i am curious as to why your Map values start at 20? Mine start at 0?

DmZ

Old 04-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

DMZ

MT has a DBW throttle so we use kPa where you have TPS (throttle position) and a cable throttle.

With my iPhone I use ATT so they let you multitask. This is why my phone disconnects the adhoc network when someone calls. Also the iPhone has a built in program which will allow you to magnify the screen by tapping with three fingers so the VTune cells enlarge. Now that I have a 7" monitor... that's all history.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information