Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Billspec
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is good to see a sticky thread with data being shared with different setups. A bit different than I am used to in the automotive community.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Northwestsooner
...Now i will see what kind of mileage it is getting and monitor the heat. THank you for all your help.
When you view your vtune file, what kind of intake and engine (green line) temps are you seeing?

Is the engine temp fairly steady (may climb a bit after sitting like at an extended red light)?

FWIW, here's a pic of one section of my vtune...note the green line indicating engine temp (steady at about 240 degrees with an intake of about 120 degrees)
Name:  vtunepic.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  23.7 KB

Old 04-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Northwestsooner
Intermediate

Pine tree, my engine temp was running from 248 to 256 Durring the run, went to 260 at the end idling just before shutdown. My intake was running from 80 degreese to 104 degreese depending on speed. I ran the engine pretty hard. I ran the vtune in most of the gears varying the RPM. Max RPM was 3900. I did not reach those RPM's in 5th and 6th gear. I also ran at crusing speed at 55 mph, 65 mps and 75 mph. Made a small run at 110 mph. I tried to get the engine through all rpms. holding throttle at different %'s EVEN WOT. I had my computer in a computer bag strapped to the back rest. I could have sworn i was getting more RPM's, but sound is decieving. Didn't want to hurt the engine doing V-tunes. I rode the bike quite a bit today and I am quite happy with the way it was performing. I did call some Dyno's within 160 miles and they wouldn't touch it unless I bought a power commander from them and they would not work with the TTS Mastertune.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Northwestsooner
Intermediate

Lonewolf, i just went through the first 2 runs I made. I did reach RPM's of 5300. So i was running higher RPM's.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:51 AM
DmZ
6th Gear
Default Upgrades

Installed my new pipes and intake on Friday and did my 3 vtune runs on Saturday. Seems to be running very strong. I am having some decel popping tho. Not all the time, but enough to make me think i need to adjust something. Should i continue to run more vtune runs, or is there something i could adjust, or should i just start over maybe?

I will check for leaks first chance, and then will try increasing VE tables in the 1% th. column/1750-3000 rpm range 5-10% and see if i can tweak it out.

DmZ

Attached Files
File Type: zip
2010_FLSTC_FINAL_4-7-12.zip (57.8 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by DmZ; 04-09-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Pine Tree

Originally Posted by Northwestsooner
Pine tree, my engine temp was running from 248 to 256 Durring the run, went to 260 at the end idling just before shutdown...
The temps sound about right...especially the end-of-run idle and shutdown temp. As the fuel tables begin the learning process and the bike breaks in, the temps should begin to drop.

Remember, the vtune process will get your tune real close in the rpm/load range you would normally drive. The other end of the scale (high speed/load is best done on the dyno. But you need to ask yourself how often you'll be riding in the WOT area.

I wouldn't give much consideration to the tuners that won't touch the MasterTune. Many of those shops want to simply drop in a map, collect your money, and send you packing.

You are way ahead of the game by the amount of work you done thus far.

Now, start enjoying the riding season!

Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Pine Tree

Originally Posted by DmZ
Installed my new pipes and intake on Friday and did my 3 vtune runs on Saturday. Seems to be running very strong. I am having some decel popping tho. Not all the time, but enough to make me think i need to adjust something. Should i continue to run more vtune runs, or is there something i could adjust, or should i just start over maybe?

I will check for leaks first chance, and then will try increasing VE tables in the 1% th. column/1750-3000 rpm range 5-10% and see if i can tweak it out.

DmZ
(1) As you've stated, check for leaks first.

(2) Don't change the VE's at this point. Changing those will cause other things to change too...you'll end up chasing yourself in circles getting it sorted out.

(3) Do some O2 or generic data runs and figure out where in the rpm/kpa range the pops occur. Until you have this data, you're just guessing.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:21 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I just put SE204 cams in the scoot and to my suprise it seems to run great with map I was already running. Any suggestions on what I should do. should I just do some more v-tune runs.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:46 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by av8or
I just put SE204 cams in the scoot and to my suprise it seems to run great with map I was already running. Any suggestions on what I should do. should I just do some more v-tune runs.
yes you want to do a few vtune runs to see how your ve's are, even if it seems like it is running good.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Northwestsooner
Intermediate
Default MTE file questions

I have a few questions. I have installed a MT8 file and V-Tuned the bike. I have put about 800 miles on the bike since V-tuning. I am very impressed with the performance. I was wanting to save this file after the bike has learned and adjusted to my riding style. I can only save the file from my bike as an MTE file. I was also wanting to look at the settings to see if it had changed much. But i can not view the file because it is a MTE file. I even tried to rename it back to a MT8 file after saving but that doesn't work either. Why doesn't mastertune have a way of saving the file as a MT8? And if i could have saved this as a MT8 file i could use this as a starting calibration to use to V-Tune with if needed at a later date? And if I save this as a MTE file can it be reloaded sometime down the road if need be?

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information