Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:45 AM
user 9375875
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Badgerbob
O kay everybody that has responded to this short thread this is what I get when I go into device manager and my com ports.
RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 (com3) or (com5). This is all no heading of USB Serial ports, like in the manual. By no means am I a computer wizard but I try and do my own work except my actual tuning, that is why they are trained in this.
I am however a ticketed plumber and gasfitter with mechanical back ground.
Here in Canada there is very few that have worked with the TTS. None that live close to me. When I built my Fatboy I had to take it to Billings MT. to be tuned because nobdy wanted to work with Kuryakyn Wild Things Product. I am very impressed withe 116 horse and 119 torque I got from my Fatboy with a 103. Hence I built my Ultra Classic with the same motor. Sorry for the Rant. I did change to kury 2D cams did a download and everything worked fine, computer wise something in my computer is not coming up or talking with the ECM. Confused. Still need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thank-ypu in advance. Would really like to get download complete may have to book another trip to Billings MT for tuning. Bad boyz cycle, Roy is his name.
Badger,

First, try connecting just the USB adapter by itself to the PC. Then open device manager and look under the 'ports' catagory. If there is no entry showing 'USB Serial Port', then the USB driver did not install correctly, so you will need to try that again. You must get the 'USB Serial Port' to show in device manager before going any further.

Once you have this working, you must make certain the COM port assignment is between 1 and 16. If it is not, you need to double-click on the entry, select the 'Port Settings' tab and click the Advanced button. At the top of the advanced settings page there is a drop-down list to select a port number. Since 3 and 5 are in use, select any other up to COM16 i.e. COM8. Click OK and exit out of device manager. Usually the setting change will take effect immediately, but occasionally you will need to reboot the computer.

OK, now connect up the interface to the USB adapter and the bike - make sure you are using the correct diagnostic connector, it is usually under the side cover. Some bikes have an identical looking connector under the seat that DOES NOT WORK for programming! Turn on BOTH the tank switch AND the handlebar switch and open the MasterTune program. From the 'file' menu, select 'Save or Restore Factory Calibration'. The COM port menu should now show that the COM port you selected in device manager. Make that selection and click the 'Get ECM Info' button. This should read the VIN and other ECM information. If not, the issue is more complex and you should contact TTS directly to help solve it!

HTH, Gary

Old 02-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Thanks Mr. Flash.....

Old 02-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Badgerbob
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank-you will give this a try.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Badgerbob
Cruiser

well I am afraid that didn't help either. Then I also figured out the person that tuned my bike last cleared my disk and cut it. Should of stayed with my original tuner in Billings MT. I did start the bike today runs a little lean so I shut it down beforew it got to hot. Thank-you for all the help.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:19 AM
user 9375875
Banned

well I am afraid that didn't help either. Then I also figured out the person that tuned my bike last cleared my disk and cut it. Should of stayed with my original tuner in Billings MT. I did start the bike today runs a little lean so I shut it down beforew it got to hot. Thank-you for all the help.
Were you unable to see the 'USB Serial Port' in device manager or what?

--Gary

Old 02-08-2012, 08:32 AM
55tango
Intermediate

Hey Badgerbob, is your laptop Windows 7 or XP?

Old 02-08-2012, 09:44 AM
2deuceguy
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Who was the tuner in billings? One of my bikes is there now at bad boy cycles getting Dyno by Roy. He has a very good reputation with several of the people I know in that area. I actually hauled my bike close to 400 miles to get it to him.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:57 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cjwanner2000
Who was the tuner in billings? One of my bikes is there now at bad boy cycles getting Dyno by Roy. He has a very good reputation with several of the people I know in that area. I actually hauled my bike close to 400 miles to get it to him.
I have a buddy who took his 117" build to him a few years ago and had ok results but he was a little dissappointed that Roy did not have a dedicated dyno cell he said when the shop filled with fumes he just opened the rear door. That has been a 3 or so years ago so maybe he has a dedicated room now. It was about a 350 mile haul for him too (from missoula)

Old 02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Badgerbob
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 55tango
Hey Badgerbob, is your laptop Windows 7 or XP?
I am running Vista.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Badgerbob
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cjwanner2000
The tuner is Roy great person to talk to and work with. He had done my Fatboy 5 or 6 years back. Still pulls strong. This is why I built the same motor for my bagger.
I was actually referred to him by Mike Roland. I had never ever done a motor before in my life before that one had few mistakes but Cal & Roy didn't waste no time figuring it out.
My bike was tuned in the back shop as well, don't know if he has a seperate bay yet or not.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information