Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 03:56 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

do most of you that use the TTS eliminate your 02 sensors?

Old 02-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
do most of you that use the TTS eliminate your 02 sensors?
I don't.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:06 PM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Badgerbob
com port is open but no response from the bike. Just don't know why having all the difficulty. Even redownloaded the driver software, still no response, The whole bike is not back together. Front fairing is still off, don't know if this makes a difference. Just asking. Went into device manager, shut down computer, restart, not sure, what is going on. Was given code 31 this is why I went to get new software. But also did update before I started. Help...........
I had to select a different comm port before I got a response.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Badgerbob
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98Ultra
I had to select a different comm port before I got a response.
My computer is only showing 2 comm ports. I will try again tomorrow struggling and my fusss meter is way to high. Don't want wreck anything.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Badgerbob
Cruiser

still nothing....................................

Old 02-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

still nothing....................................
I know a guy that can probably help you and sent him an email. He's surprisingly knowledgeable on weeding out these type of issues with computers and tuners. Not sure when he will reply but hang in there.

wiz

Old 02-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Badgerbob
Cruiser

Thanks Wizard........... I do appreciate any and all help. I think I know just enough to be dangerous.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:22 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

My computer is only showing 2 comm ports. I will try again tomorrow struggling and my fusss meter is way to high. Don't want wreck anything.
at first I had an issue with finding the comm port but when I pulled the program up and clicked on the comm port button it listed many and I just clicked on the one that was highlighted off the top of my head I think it was comport 8 or something like that and it had to be hooked up to the bike at the time I selected the com port and each time i rehook it up I have to reselct the same comm port.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Badgerbob
Cruiser

O kay everybody that has responded to this short thread this is what I get when I go into device manager and my com ports.
RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 (com3) or (com5). This is all no heading of USB Serial ports, like in the manual. By no means am I a computer wizard but I try and do my own work except my actual tuning, that is why they are trained in this.
I am however a ticketed plumber and gasfitter with mechanical back ground.
Here in Canada there is very few that have worked with the TTS. None that live close to me. When I built my Fatboy I had to take it to Billings MT. to be tuned because nobdy wanted to work with Kuryakyn Wild Things Product. I am very impressed withe 116 horse and 119 torque I got from my Fatboy with a 103. Hence I built my Ultra Classic with the same motor. Sorry for the Rant. I did change to kury 2D cams did a download and everything worked fine, computer wise something in my computer is not coming up or talking with the ECM. Confused. Still need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thank-ypu in advance. Would really like to get download complete may have to book another trip to Billings MT for tuning. Bad boyz cycle, Roy is his name.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:49 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

O kay everybody that has responded to this short thread this is what I get when I go into device manager and my com ports.
RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 (com3) or (com5). This is all no heading of USB Serial ports, like in the manual. By no means am I a computer wizard but I try and do my own work except my actual tuning, that is why they are trained in this.
I am however a ticketed plumber and gasfitter with mechanical back ground.
Here in Canada there is very few that have worked with the TTS. None that live close to me. When I built my Fatboy I had to take it to Billings MT. to be tuned because nobdy wanted to work with Kuryakyn Wild Things Product. I am very impressed withe 116 horse and 119 torque I got from my Fatboy with a 103. Hence I built my Ultra Classic with the same motor. Sorry for the Rant. I did change to kury 2D cams did a download and everything worked fine, computer wise something in my computer is not coming up or talking with the ECM. Confused. Still need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thank-ypu in advance. Would really like to get download complete may have to book another trip to Billings MT for tuning. Bad boyz cycle, Roy is his name.
you can call Steve Cole and he will help you figure the comm ports out. I also had a tough time getting them to register at first. I have an acer netbook with no cd drive so I had to download the comm port drivers off the internet. It took a while for me to get that figured out as they need to be downloaded they would not automatically be detected when mastertune was hooked up.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information