Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 02:45 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
250 cals are for 08-09 DBW. 009 cals are for 10-11 DBW. 044 cals are for 12 DBW.

250 cals are AFR based and use the larger 18mm O2s near the heads and use DBW (Drive By Wire)

009 and 044 cals are for DBW bikes that have the 02s down near the transmission. 009 is for bikes with metal stock Throttle body. 044s are more for the new style 2012 throttle bodies.

009 and 044 cals can be swapped around but issues can easily arise using a 44 cal on an older 009 bike. Do not use a 44 cal on a 2010 bike. Really shouldn't use an 009 cal on a 2012 bike either.

On an 2011 bike, I would try both a 009 AND a 44 cal and see which one starts and idles the best right out of the gate with NO v-tuning.

2. “Level 044” vs “Level 009” Calibrations. The paragraphs defining them are identical. No they are NOT! Go read them again.

And... you are NOT getting things as far as saved MTE files, etc. ANY file can be an MTE file... a stock one from MOCO. A 'download' from MOCO. a file installed by anybody using TTS... they are ALL MTE files.

An MTE file is NOT proprietary at all... it is simply a file that is already inside of the ECM. One simply can NOT read a TTS file or a stock file with TTS once it is inside of the ECM. Nothing more and nothing less. Has NOTHING to do with WHOSE file it is... its about it is already in there. You can NOT read a file by 'pulling' it out of the ECM. Can't be done.

The shop could have readily thrown a tune in there and you will NEVER know it. Simple as that.

Any GOOD shop will give a customer their TTS AND a thumb drive with the final calibration. Since yours did not, that shop sucks.

Also... quit being quite so obtuse. You SAY you can spin a wrench on a bike? The reason to SAY the piston diameter is most configurations can be had by different bores and strokes. TTS is telling you, by stating the piston size, what exact configuration it is.

Steve Cole was the one who told me to use the dta044 on my 2011. He said i could use the 009 but that he himself had a 2011 and would use the dta044. I did try both and could not detect a difference prior to vtuning. neither ran as good as the factory stage 1 download prior to vtuning. I vtuned using the dta044 and it runs very sweet now.

. You should be able to hook up your lap top and get the ecm info and I think that will tell you what base cal you have downloaded.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:28 PM
ronn39
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
Steve Cole was the one who told me to use the dta044 on my 2011. He said i could use the 009 but that he himself had a 2011 and would use the dta044. I did try both and could not detect a difference prior to vtuning. neither ran as good as the factory stage 1 download prior to vtuning. I vtuned using the dta044 and it runs very sweet now.

. You should be able to hook up your lap top and get the ecm info and I think that will tell you what base cal you have downloaded.
Thanks guys. Very useful info from wurk_truk! I'll print that and attach it to the manual.

Wurk, I was being tongue-in-cheek about the "math." Yes, too obtuse.

The dyno guy at the dealership is no longer there, and from what I've learned, he never gave the tune data to any of the others he'd done. I'll press on with this; at my age I'm a slow learner. If I somehow manage to screw things up, Doc is only 25 miles away. Sure miss him and Steve being on here--what a bummer.

Again, really appreciate the info and your patience while I bumble through it. It's getting easier as I go along.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:51 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ronn39
Thanks guys. Very useful info from wurk_truk! I'll print that and attach it to the manual.

Wurk, I was being tongue-in-cheek about the "math." Yes, too obtuse.

The dyno guy at the dealership is no longer there, and from what I've learned, he never gave the tune data to any of the others he'd done. I'll press on with this; at my age I'm a slow learner. If I somehow manage to screw things up, Doc is only 25 miles away. Sure miss him and Steve being on here--what a bummer.

Again, really appreciate the info and your patience while I bumble through it. It's getting easier as I go along.
I would be at Doc's in a second if he were within a 500 miles of me. He offered up more expertise on these sites than about anyone.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:50 PM
JoeeJoee
Tourer
Received 157 Likes on 85 Posts

Hi Guys, Anyone know a good TTS Tuner in Birmingham, AL area?

Thanks, Joe

Old 01-13-2012, 04:48 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Well, new bike new tune, will be coming back here for some help, got a 12 Ultra Limited, keeping it mellow this time, 777 cam, Pro Pipe, Zippers AC. Will do pipe and ac then V tune then in April do the cam then get actual dyno tune.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Well, new bike new tune, will be coming back here for some help, got a 12 Ultra Limited, keeping it mellow this time, 777 cam, Pro Pipe, Zippers AC. Will do pipe and ac then V tune then in April do the cam then get actual dyno tune.
MB... did you use that cal I sent you, if so, how did that work out? Have you had a chance to VTune?

Old 01-13-2012, 10:01 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Have not received the tts pipes or ac yet.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:15 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

MB... those famous last words. You KNOW you have been bitten so I wish you luck.

I think you have picked a good starting point for your bike and am doing it the correct way. Too bad most won't listen about pipes like you (and 'us' do.).

At least... it is a fun addiction!!!!!

Keep us posted on your progress, my friend.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:44 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

I think I will keep my word this time, I have a Z1000 and my Dyna is fast as hell so just want the big bike as the El Dorado.

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
MB... those famous last words. You KNOW you have been bitten so I wish you luck.

I think you have picked a good starting point for your bike and am doing it the correct way. Too bad most won't listen about pipes like you (and 'us' do.).

At least... it is a fun addiction!!!!!

Keep us posted on your progress, my friend.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:38 PM
grumpygy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Question trying to pick a cal to see if there is one that Matches my Bike. But for my year 06 they list 2 types of Injectors by Deg(think it was 8 and 25 Deg). How do I tell which one I have.

Bike is a 06 Heritage Softail Classic. Right now I'm running the Big Sucka AC and Screaming Eagle Slip ons with Big City thunder Baffels.

But was seeing what Pipes are listed as I might change the whole system not just have on Slip Ons. The Big City is just a Little Loud.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information