Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 06:18 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
OK, I'll ask...what problem is that?
If you use MT8 and fail to save your stock ecm cal you can not reload a stock cal back into the ecm if you did not save it in the first place. Like wurk truk said that is not a problem if you are not going back to stock ever. If however you decide you need to go back to stock for some reason if you did not first save your stock cal you are out of luck.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
If you...
Got it! Thanks!!

Old 12-21-2011, 02:01 AM
StreetGlider11
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question...are you guys having good luck with the optional maps or do you end up tweaking them to suit the bike better?

Old 12-21-2011, 05:15 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetGlider11
Quick question...are you guys having good luck with the optional maps or do you end up tweaking them to suit the bike better?
Some will tell you they see an improvement with the starting TTS map over the factory installed map with no further adjustments.

Most others have found just adjusting the VE's help a lot. And once that's done, the other tables get the bike even closer to a more efficient/better running/performing bike.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:07 AM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Looking for help w/ a TTS issue I'm running into

I finally got a mount for my iPhone so I could have a remote view of my computer screen while doing vtune runs. Yesterday was my first time out w/ the setup and something extremely annoying happened over and over and I've posted on other forums and haven't found an answer yet. While recording data, datamaster would freeze up and stop recording for a period of time and it always froze up when the data points were on a number like 5100, 5500, 6100 meaning whatever number it froze on had "00" as the last two digits. I'm not sure what's causing the issue if it's the iPhone RDP I'm using or if it's the computer.

1. Laptop is in a backpack on my back so there shouldn't be vibration issues
2. The freeze happens when the data piont ends w/ "00" and for an unspeicifed amount of time
3. When reviewing the data, you can see from data point 5100 to 5101 a pretty significant drop in RPM and it's that way for every data point I could remember it happening

I'm not sure what else would be helpful info. One of the forum memebers is looking at the data recording to share their thoughts but I'm still looking for an answer.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Moved the above thread to the TTS section for a better response.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:59 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetGlider11
I had to vtune. The suggested download dta044 for my application did not feel as good as the stage 1 factory download but after several vtunes it feels very good for a stage 1 103.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:28 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
I finally got a mount for my iPhone so I could have a remote view of my computer screen while doing vtune runs. Yesterday was my first time out w/ the setup and something extremely annoying happened over and over and I've posted on other forums and haven't found an answer yet. While recording data, datamaster would freeze up and stop recording for a period of time and it always froze up when the data points were on a number like 5100, 5500, 6100 meaning whatever number it froze on had "00" as the last two digits. I'm not sure what's causing the issue if it's the iPhone RDP I'm using or if it's the computer.

1. Laptop is in a backpack on my back so there shouldn't be vibration issues
2. The freeze happens when the data piont ends w/ "00" and for an unspeicifed amount of time
3. When reviewing the data, you can see from data point 5100 to 5101 a pretty significant drop in RPM and it's that way for every data point I could remember it happening

I'm not sure what else would be helpful info. One of the forum memebers is looking at the data recording to share their thoughts but I'm still looking for an answer.
Does it do this on a v-tune run when NONE of the iphone crap is hooked up? Proper troubleshooting technique is to cut the problem in halves... over and over. So, lets see if it is the ad hoc to the iphone or is it on the pc side of things. The ad hocs have a few issues and is why I hard wire a monitor from the laptop. Try a long run with nothing but the pc running in your backpack. Still getting these anomalies? Are you running serial connector or a USB conversion? We have found that only the authorized TTS converter and the Belkin 409 works well, others drop packets. Are you running Win7 64bit? Serial converters do not work well in 64bit.

look here... http://www.clearchain.com/blog/posts/how-to-use-a-belkin-f5u409f5u409-cu-usb-to-pda-serial-converter-in-visawindows-7-64bit-mac-osx-10

for the 64 bit fix.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 12-24-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:34 AM
StreetGlider11
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys. I called Phat Performance and ordered my TTS for $350!!

Old 12-30-2011, 08:45 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I sent Wizz a PM.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information