Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by bullet 10
If you load the MT8 file for your application isn't you cam selection already in there? 103 stage 1 aircleaner 255 cams. and exhaust.
Not necessarily, each bike will breath a little different. I've found that if you aren't going to take advantage of the cam selector and the EGR capabilities it's best to stick with the .MT7

Old 10-02-2011, 03:59 AM
DDALLAS
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI GUYS
I'M JUST ABOUT TO TAKE THE PLUNGE AND GET A PRO TUNER, SERT OR TTS.
THE SERT IS DEDICATED TO THE ECM, AND MUST BE REPLACED IF THE ECM ***** IT'S SELF! (thanks once again HDtuner, for your advise).
DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF TTS IS THE SAME? DO THE ECM'S BLOW UP MUCH?
THANKS DOUG

Old 10-02-2011, 04:37 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by DDALLAS
HI GUYS
I'M JUST ABOUT TO TAKE THE PLUNGE AND GET A PRO TUNER, SERT OR TTS.
THE SERT IS DEDICATED TO THE ECM, AND MUST BE REPLACED IF THE ECM ***** IT'S SELF! (thanks once again HDtuner, for your advise).
DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF TTS IS THE SAME? DO THE ECM'S BLOW UP MUCH?
THANKS DOUG
The SERT is an old TTS. The ecm's are very durable but if it does take a crap you can send it in to TTS with the new one and your TTS. They will link the new one up for you.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Not necessarily, each bike will breath a little different. I've found that if you aren't going to take advantage of the cam selector and the EGR capabilities it's best to stick with the .MT7
Wiz,
I sent Tom (Bullet 10), a copy of my final calibration. We discoverd that my V-Tuned MT7 is identical to the starting MT8. Talked with Doc about that on Friday and he got a good chuckle and responded "does that tell you something?" I'm trying to get Tom to make all of his modifications first before trying to use the tuner. He still needs to install his 30T pulley, SE A/C and the 255's. Then we can help him better. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Buddy.....

Old 10-03-2011, 01:10 AM
DDALLAS
Novice

Hi guys
thanks for you responce russel, i appreciate it. Can you confirm if the sept is the same, being that sept is a tts unit? Or is the sept a superseded tts model? All these questions, i.ll have to shout you a beer!
Sorry if i seem cautious, i'm trying to get my head around all the info.
Cheers doug

Old 10-03-2011, 04:49 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Hi guys
thanks for you responce russel, i appreciate it. Can you confirm if the sept is the same, being that sept is a tts unit? Or is the sept a superseded tts model? All these questions, i.ll have to shout you a beer!
Cheers doug
Not Russell but...

I understood that TTS (The Turbo Shop) use to make the SERT but parted ways with HD a few years ago and developed their own system...the MasterTune and SEPT is another brand yet (not part of the TTS company).

Yes, the TTS marries itself to the first ECM - personally, I'm not aware of any failures of the ECM caused by the TTS.

Hope that helps!

Old 10-03-2011, 05:52 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi guys
Cheers doug

Like Pine Tree says, TTS used to make the Harley tuner (SERT), and now offers an improved version as part of the TTS tuning kit. Harley has also improved their version, SESPT I think its now called.

They both can help an amateur DIYer do a decent street tune job on a O2 sensor equipped bike. Most think the TTS provides better software and is an overall better tool but you do have to ride with a laptop to collect data. The Harley tuner collects data within its module, so you don't need to ride with anything else on the bike. Riding with the laptop has its advantages, however, like being able to view collected data real time.

Blowing a late model ECU is rare... blowing add on modules like the PC is common. ECU replacements like the TMAX have a higher failure rate than the Harley ECU.

Last edited by ColdCase; 10-03-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:17 PM
DDALLAS
Novice

Thanks for the info guys.
Doug

Old 10-04-2011, 06:05 AM
eleft
Tourer

Originally Posted by ColdCase
Blowing a late model ECU is rare... blowing add on modules like the PC is common. ECU replacements like the TMAX have a higher failure rate than the Harley ECU.

Any facts on this or are you assuming form posts Blowing Smoke?

OR, how many have you replaced?

Al

Old 10-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Not that I'm Cold Case but I've replaced two TMax units on bikes I've worked on. One was dead within 30 days and the other took just over a year. Both while on rides then a tow home. I've installed dozens of them though with absolutely no issues... Not knocking TMax in anyway but I've never let the magic smoke out of any HD ECM. I did have one lock up on me but the dealer was able to flash it back to stock with no problem.

As far as smoking a PC... yes, they do have a tendency to burn up for several reasons mostly water or wire pinch. Although I've heard of ECM's being smoked by a PC on a regular basis I've only experienced this three times and it was assumed to be a water related issue. When you can remove it and water pours out then it would be a safe assumption.

Non of the above were my personal bikes.

wiz-out

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information