Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:13 PM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
I guess it's a relative amount.

Looking at the newest tables for late model bikes, the idle (15 kpa) column is now using an equivalent AFR of about 12.9 which is about 3 times the difference of the 14.6 & 14.2 figures.
Close. The 15 kpa column is the decel area with throttle closed. 20-30 is the idle region, which is still in closed loop in all of the stage 1 style cals I've checked.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I posted this in the EFI thread, but no response yet so I thought id try here.

I Traded in my 09 SG for a 2012 EG Limited a few days ago and can't stand the stock exhaust. The consensus is upgrading and tuning is no problem within break in as long as I don't go apeshit on trying to fill in all the cells during my tune sessions.
My 09 ran great with my master tune so here we go again with another 400.00 dollars for a new module. Good thing my V&H rounds and SE A/C could be reused to save a little.
I've done the tts updater and found 2 sections on 2012 touring maps.
One was:
2011-2012 DBW Touring Closed Loop and i'm looking at DTA044-03 for my 103 A/C, Factory 2:1:2 exhaust.
The other section below it had:
2010-2012 DBW Touring Closed Loop and there it has DTA009-03 for the same 103 setup.

I'm not sure what base would be best. the one that has 2011-2012 were just added, so probably the best to start there with the DTA044-03.

Any opinions?

Smitty

Old 08-30-2011, 10:44 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I used dta044 on my 2011 103 stage 1 air cleaner and free flowing mufflers and it worked very well. I since put on a supertrapp 2.1 and still using the same one.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:41 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Smittyjf
I posted this in the EFI thread, but no response yet so I thought id try here.

I Traded in my 09 SG for a 2012 EG Limited a few days ago and can't stand the stock exhaust. The consensus is upgrading and tuning is no problem within break in as long as I don't go apeshit on trying to fill in all the cells during my tune sessions.
My 09 ran great with my master tune so here we go again with another 400.00 dollars for a new module. Good thing my V&H rounds and SE A/C could be reused to save a little.
I've done the tts updater and found 2 sections on 2012 touring maps.
One was:
2011-2012 DBW Touring Closed Loop and i'm looking at DTA044-03 for my 103 A/C, Factory 2:1:2 exhaust.
The other section below it had:
2010-2012 DBW Touring Closed Loop and there it has DTA009-03 for the same 103 setup.

I'm not sure what base would be best. the one that has 2011-2012 were just added, so probably the best to start there with the DTA044-03.

Any opinions?

Smitty
IMHO,..... Use the 044 series of tunes for the 2012. It IS confusing in the cal listing, but the 44 cals are made for the 12s. There isn't much difference... but that 'not much' encompasses the new TB the 12s have.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:29 AM
jamiegiroir@gmail.com
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr Wizard I have a 2011 Ultra Limited with Reinheart classic duals and SE air cleaner I started with a tune that you did for a friend of mine Brian Anderson same bike only diference is he has the true duals not the classic. My question is after the V tune it seems to get hot at idol and the EITMS is not working. Should i mess with the VE tables or the main lamba table to fix this. What temp should I be able to maintain.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by jamiegiroir@gmail.com
Mr Wizard I have a 2011 Ultra Limited with Reinheart classic duals and SE air cleaner I started with a tune that you did for a friend of mine Brian Anderson same bike only diference is he has the true duals not the classic. My question is after the V tune it seems to get hot at idol and the EITMS is not working. Should i mess with the VE tables or the main lamba table to fix this. What temp should I be able to maintain.
Howz Brian doing? Haven't spoken to him in some time.

Getting hot at idle could be the fact it has been in the high 90's here. If not, sounds like you still need to work on your lower RPM VE range. If you used his calibration and it is the one that I set up for him then it is the .mt7. You may have better luck with the .mt8 so you can work with your EGR Tables and Cam Selector.

If you send me your finial calibration and your last VTune file I'll take a look. I'll email you a note.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:48 AM
jamiegiroir@gmail.com
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian has been fine not rideing much he broke his foot earlier in the summer he is better now. Ill send you those files. It seems to want to keep climbing temp at idle and cools off when on the gas.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Your front cylinder is way too lean. Need work.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey Wiz,
Im starting over again. Just as I got my 09 SG tuned the way I wanted it, I go and do a stupid thing and trade it in for a 2012 EG limited.

Now were working with Lambada which I know just enough to be dangerous with.
I started with the base CAL DTA044-03 and again ran came tune and even though it had an upswing at 5 and larger at 6, I stuck with stock 4 since that was the best Idle.

I changed my Lambada table to 0.981 in all cells from 15-90kPa (the DTA files have 95kPa column before the 100) and it will not go to 0.981 so I left it stock along with the 100kPa column according to the guide.
I set the PE to 10,000 and left the DECEL and ACCEL tables alone. Not sure if this was right since the new MT guide does not say to set to 0.

I ran my vtunes (4 total) and have pretty good VE results.

My question is how do I set the AF ratio I want. I set the Lambada tables back to Original and all the other tables and Constants back too.
The stock settings for this base map are in the 3 cells on the top of Mastertune program.
14.68 Stoich
14.45 AFR
0.984 Lambada

Did this AF ratio need to be changed before I ran my Vtunes or is that where I set it to what I want afterwards
Once I get the learning curve down with Lambada I'll be good.

Smitty

Old 09-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by Smittyjf
Hey Wiz,
Im starting over again. Just as I got my 09 SG tuned the way I wanted it, I go and do a stupid thing and trade it in for a 2012 EG limited.

Now were working with Lambada which I know just enough to be dangerous with.
I started with the base CAL DTA044-03 and again ran came tune and even though it had an upswing at 5 and larger at 6, I stuck with stock 4 since that was the best Idle.Did you work with your IVC? If not please do and use the best idle. If you fall on a different IVC then you must start your VTunes over.

I changed my Lambada table to 0.981 in all cells from 15-90kPa (the DTA files have 95kPa column before the 100) and it will not go to 0.981 so I left it stock along with the 100kPa column according to the guide.
I set the PE to 10,000 and left the DECEL and ACCEL tables alone. Not sure if this was right since the new MT guide does not say to set to 0.The Accel and Decel tables must be set to 0 so you need to continue on with your VTunes.

I ran my vtunes (4 total) and have pretty good VE results. When you VTune you should work with your EGR Analyzer. This will help smooth your VE tables, increase your bottom end TQ and give you better throttle response as well as better MPG. The trick with the EGR is to get the blue dots on the red line. Big adjustments at the lower end and smaller adjustments at the higher range up to 60 kPa.

My question is how do I set the AF ratio I want. I set the Lambada tables back to Original and all the other tables and Constants back too.
The stock settings for this base map are in the 3 cells on the top of Mastertune program.
14.68 Stoich
14.45 AFR
0.984 Lambada

Did this AF ratio need to be changed before I ran my Vtunes or is that where I set it to what I want afterwards
Once I get the learning curve down with Lambada I'll be good. You now have Lambda, deal with Lambda terms. Set all Lambda to .981 except for the last two columns. Doing this puts all cells i closed loop. Your 02 sensors will not work with the ECM or the VTune unless your cells are in closed loop. After your last VTune and you have a smooth 3D graph for both cylinders put your Lambda back to original. There are a few tricks to help stay cool at idle and tricks to increase idle up throttle by taking those Lambda cells out of closed loop.

Smitty
Comments in red above

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information