Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:56 AM
UltraPoppy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Yup... that's about right.

You say you will be making VTune runs in the near future... remember, after you change the IVO or IVC you must VTune before you take a joy ride. Changing the cam selector will throw off your VE calculations.
Thanks for the info. I put the CPZ176-03 calibration back into the ECM that has the IVO 4 and IVC 3 settings that are on it. Don't have time to do some V tune runs right now. So decided to put the canned map back in to go on a couple rides this weekend.

Thanks again.
This is a learning process for me and trying my best not to screw up. <G>

I see your in Atlanta area. I am about 150 miles west of you in Bham area. What part of Atlanta you located?

Old 08-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraPoppy
Thanks for the info. I put the CPZ176-03 calibration back into the ECM that has the IVO 4 and IVC 3 settings that are on it. Don't have time to do some V tune runs right now. So decided to put the canned map back in to go on a couple rides this weekend.

Thanks again.
This is a learning process for me and trying my best not to screw up. <G>

I see your in Atlanta area. I am about 150 miles west of you in Bham area. What part of Atlanta you located?
I'm near Canton just NW of Atlanta.

Poppy... something I must tell you. Simply dropping in a canned cal may not be very good for your motor. The bike could actually run like crap on your joy rides. I understand that you are stock 07 Ultra with duals and I may be speaking out of turn but if you drop in a calibration you should really take the time to get a few VTunes in before taking her out for pleasure.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 AM
UltraPoppy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
I'm near Canton just NW of Atlanta.

Poppy... something I must tell you. Simply dropping in a canned cal may not be very good for your motor. The bike could actually run like crap on your joy rides. I understand that you are stock 07 Ultra with duals and I may be speaking out of turn but if you drop in a calibration you should really take the time to get a few VTunes in before taking her out for pleasure.
I hear what your saying. But also I have read of more than several on other forums that have used the canned ( Calibration files) for there bike. Loaded them into there bikes and rode them thousands of miles and never did anything. I do plan to do some V tunes runs and get it has good as I can get it.
I have read the posts in this thread from Jan 2011 till today. That is about 50 pages. I respect your knowledge and opinion.

Thanks

Old 08-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Playing on the safe side of the fence Poppy... I would hate to hear that you didn't enjoy your ride because of heat, decel popping and throttle lag.

Ride safe

Old 08-19-2011, 01:00 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraPoppy
I hear what your saying. But also I have read of more than several on other forums that have used the canned ( Calibration files) for there bike. Loaded them into there bikes and rode them thousands of miles and never did anything. I do plan to do some V tunes runs and get it has good as I can get it.
I have read the posts in this thread from Jan 2011 till today. That is about 50 pages. I respect your knowledge and opinion.

Thanks
The down side with what other folks are doing is how many thousands of miles are they shorting their engine life from lean and rich spots in the map. As an example we had my dads Trike on a dyno with a 4 gas analyzer last year with just a canned map for his essentially Stage 2 combination. It was idling at 17.1 afr and there were several other spots in the map that where in the 15.1 range along with some spots that were 12.1. The 17.1 is murder on exhaust valves and the 12.1 will do a dandy job at washing down the cylinder walls which will aid in shortening piston ring life. You can look at doing V-Tune as a nice excuse to go for a ride, with a little time you'll be pretty darn close.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by msocko3
The down side with what other folks are doing is how many thousands of miles are they shorting their engine life from lean and rich spots in the map. As an example we had my dads Trike on a dyno with a 4 gas analyzer last year with just a canned map for his essentially Stage 2 combination. It was idling at 17.1 afr and there were several other spots in the map that where in the 15.1 range along with some spots that were 12.1. The 17.1 is murder on exhaust valves and the 12.1 will do a dandy job at washing down the cylinder walls which will aid in shortening piston ring life. You can look at doing V-Tune as a nice excuse to go for a ride, with a little time you'll be pretty darn close.
M3... is your Dad still riding on the back wheels more than all 3? I know he makes you proud.

..btw Ladies and Germs.. M3 is a bright diagnostician when it comes to motor upgrades and tuning Wizardry. (no pun intended)

Old 08-19-2011, 07:30 PM
On Deck
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scary part Over!

Finally got back home after 12 weeks away, and decidied it was time to fix the crappy dyno tune I got from xyz shop here in the bay area. After fumbling around, successfully loaded new map. PROGRESS! Was not near as difficult as anticipated. Now I have to figure out the cam settings (SE204) - OK with the IVO part, but don't even want to go back to dyno shop so not sure how to best get IVC settings. Any suggestions? Then I can start V-Tune runs tomorrow.

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Old 08-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

IVC is a different animal. You must collect the info while pulling 3500 RPM's on a load. Only can do that on a dyno.

There are only three settings on the IVC. Try 3 then 2. Bet you land on one of these numbers with the 204's

Old 08-19-2011, 11:56 PM
JimmieJack
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the SE 204's also. I was thinking that maybe its about time to do some timing adjustments but before I do - I want to make sure I have the cam selector right. When I loaded the new MT8 I just guestimated IVO at 3 based on the 204 specs. but later when I actually ran the cam tool it definitly had an initial upswing at 2 so I set it at 2. I don't know that the bike ran much differant ... is there any advantage or disadvantage between an IVO of 2 or 3 ? Also, I know I can't run the IVC basically without a dyno so will I be able to tell the differance between a 2 or 3 on that setting. I'm currently set at 3 and as i said - it seems to run okay. I'd like to get it right before starting on the timing tables.

Jimmie

Old 08-20-2011, 05:36 AM
RKCJAX
Intermediate
Default HI

Just got my master tune. Saying goodbye to the PC3 USB. Have been trying to follow this thread to learn from those who gone before me. Started reading the manual, so the learning curve begins. My bike is a 2007 FLHTC Electraglide Classic, stock motor, stock cams, Arlen Ness Big Sucker A/C, V&H Dresser Duals with RhineHart slip on's. Looking for suggestions of the map i should start with. Look forward to the interaction with everyone here.

Thanks
Chris

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information