Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:06 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by N-gin
Finally did the tune to my fathers 105th Annaversary Ultra Classic. Just a recap, we put 255 cams in with SE camplate, stock exhaust.
Runs great but fuel mileage is down he says he doesnt care cause it is running so good and much cooler. He is getting 140 to the tank and his plugs are dark. I rode with him and you can smell it being rich at idle and cruise. I want him to at least get 200 to the tank.
It is ok if I just lower the o2 bias table at cruise and at idle. right now it is at 625. I want to lower it to 566 idle and 547 cruise. My question is do I have to reV-tune it, or just change the o2 bias. His AF is set at 14.6 except at 90-100 MAP and 3500 RPM and above.

BTW his cam timing I had to set a 6 open and 2 close. IT seems to really pull better at that setting, and the vibrations is down of course having a crank show .0065 is not good either.

definetly retune. too rich can wash the cylinders and screw up the O2 sensors among other things.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

If you change the CLB's you must retune. Right now you are too fat so the original tune was not good.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:41 AM
N-gin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok will retune

Old 08-14-2011, 02:15 PM
hrchdog
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it easier to tune with the new tts using lambda versus the old stoich system? I had the old system on my 09SG but trying to decide what to go with on my new limited.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:21 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hrchdog
Is it easier to tune with the new tts using lambda versus the old stoich system? I had the old system on my 09SG but trying to decide what to go with on my new limited.
yes from what I have been told. I have a 2011 and am a computer dummy and I was able to get a very sweet tune. It did take a bit of work but well worth it. No need to worry about tp etc. it is all map based.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:43 AM
crackers
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you Vtune how exactly do you run the bike. Do you ride like normal or???

Old 08-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by crackers
When you Vtune how exactly do you run the bike. Do you ride like normal or???
Speed (MPH) is not a factor when VTuning. RPM and Load are factors.

Start out on your first run and ride carefully for about 15 minutes. Then generate a new ECM file. Flash that file then go back out for a longer period and ride easy using a lazy style but smooth throttle increments. Do not blip the throttle. Come back and repeat the flash process.

Once the first two easy runs are complete then take her our for a little aggressive run by using higher gears and smooth throttle. Flash again.

It will be necessary for you to hit an open yet unpopulated highway to gather higher RPM and wind loads again using a higher gear. Try 5th instead of 4th or 6th instead of 5th. VTune will gather data between 20 and 80 kPa. WOT is pretty useless when VTuning. Try to get in about 30 to 45 minute hwy runs if you can. BUT... The VTune calibration is not to be ridden for extended periods of time. The results will be a hot motor.

Be sure you use the EGR modifications with each new VTune calibration run. This will save you lots of time.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 AM
crackers
Cruiser

I done the 30 minute rides both times not knowing really what to do. I notice that it runs good as long as it's at cruising speed but the low range not to good. Only two people around here that can dyno with the TTS and they are 3.5 hrs away which really isn't a bad thing except getting the time to go

Old 08-18-2011, 11:32 AM
UltraPoppy
Cruiser

Ok had my TTS Mastertune a few days. I originally loaded CPZ 176-03 calibration.

07 Ultra Stock 96 inch
SE Air Cleaner
True Dual head pipes with Rush 2.0 Mufflers.

I have pictures of my cam data recording attached. The IVO 4 and IVC3.

OK here is a question. I changed the IVC to 2 in the file and saved it. You can see if in the picture of the file library. I then opened the TTS Tuning program. I selected load tuning file CPZ176- 03-AO-002. Then I selected Program ECM from the tab. The screen pops up to Program ECM. I turn on the ignition and wait , then I hit get ECM information. It is connected. So I then hit Program ECM Calibration. It goes thru the process, then completes it. I turn off the ignition and wait 45 seconds or so.
I then turn the ignition back on and hit the Get ECM information. The file number is still the same. What did I do wrong? Or do the calibration numbers not change from the original?

Be gentle, I am a newbie and just trying to understand this. From what I have read, I thought the Kpa readings were high at idle. I had read that other 07 Ultras were using an IVO of 4 and IVC of 2. So I changed the IVC to 2 from 3. The IVO 4 is the setting that was in the original calibration. After doing the cam data recording the upswing starts at 5. So do I need to change the IVO to 5 or will leaving it at 4 be OK?

Poppy

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-cam-data-1.jpg   TTS Mastertune Information-cam-data-2.jpg   TTS Mastertune Information-tts.jpg   TTS Mastertune Information-tts-1.jpg   TTS Mastertune Information-tts-2.jpg  

Old 08-18-2011, 12:19 PM
UltraPoppy
Cruiser

Ok thanks for looking. Made phone call and got the answers. Should have done that to begin with. Had a brain fart and didn't realize I had to change the Part number of the calibration file also for it show up on the ECM. The file was loaded, it was just showing the File part number of the original file that was loaded.

I also found out the IVC change from 3 to 2 that I made had took effect.
It lowered the MAP KPa from 39-40 at IVC 3 to 30-31 at IVC 2.

Now I am ready to start making some V Tunes run in the near future.

Poppy

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information