Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 02:43 PM
phantom rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bozhog
hi guys...i am looking forward to purchasing this tuning software in the next 2 weeks for my rocker & my wife's new 09 883 sportster...do any of you have a pic of the ecu wire connector & location for the rocker??...also does anyone have a pic of the cabbles & the conector ends used in the conection of the tts tuner to the ecu units & the laptop ???
Here is a pic of the cables ******updated with pic of connector on bike.

If I remember right, the connector is grey with a black rubber plug in it just under the seat (next to battery) on the clutch side. I'll look tonight and take a picture.

Last edited by phantom rider; 02-18-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:05 AM
bozhog
Novice

thanks very much for your pix....much appreciated mate...

Old 02-18-2009, 01:38 AM
cts1950
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve
The new version 130 appears to be a exact copy of the sert v 477 with the data streams reduced to only 23 lines of data same as the version 477 and reduced from the 46 lines in the version 124. Why not keep the old version as a optional down load rather than kill it.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:20 AM
streetdjack
Advanced

Cool ... to update our new product, we've been downloading an old software ....
Seems I'm gone stay with my Datamaster 1.2.4 version ...
If anyone needs it -> PM

Old 02-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Rider57
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cts1950
Steve
The new version 130 appears to be a exact copy of the sert v 477 with the data streams reduced to only 23 lines of data same as the version 477 and reduced from the 46 lines in the version 124. Why not keep the old version as a optional down load rather than kill it.
I agree. It seems that it is nothing more than a crippled piece of software now.
Live and learn.
Glad I have 2 install on 2 different laptops. 1 updated and worthless and the other is the 1st activation.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:55 AM
cts1950
Cruiser

I found that data recordings made with the 130 software can not be opened with the former versions such as 124. Yet the file names are the same. I have to say I am quite disappointed with the change from a open system with a lot of info to the dumbed down system smacks me in the face as a classic BAIT AND SWITCH needless to say I am not happy. I am rethinking making any more recommendations of this product.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:12 AM
warper
Advanced

Hi there,

I've seen your discussions about the new update in the software, luckily I haven't updated yet and will be able to do a backup of the current version.

In any case, as a note from someone who works in development, Steve & Co could have gone the way of the warning about not all the values being correct, and when to use them. Or a switch to enable/disable working with those values.

Another thing they could have done is a converter for the recording files, some people may have tons of recordings from previous versions and if they have updated won't be able to use em again, not best approach IMHO.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:29 AM
cts1950
Cruiser

Originally Posted by warper
Hi there,

Another thing they could have done is a converter for the recording files, some people may have tons of recordings from previous versions and if they have updated won't be able to use em again, not best approach IMHO.
I believe you can open data files made on the earlier versions with the 130 software but you can not open files made with the 130 software with a former version. If you retain your early version software you can only use it with the files you created with it.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:04 AM
yso191
Club Member

I have downloaded the new version, but I have not done a V-Tune session with it yet. I am unclear as to what has been dropped. I have the impression that it is that 'map' that is generated after the V-Tune which shows red, pink or white based on how much things changed. Am I correct or is it something else that was dropped?

I will probably do another V-Tune tomorrow or Friday. I assume the basic method of the whole process remains the same...

I was also disappointed to hear Steve say not enough people were interested in a training session and that TTS was not going to do a video. How hard would it be to video someone doing a tuning job while they describe what they are doing? Seems to me a good way to make easy $$...

Steve

Old 02-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,672 Posts

The changes that were made are not all that some of you are trying to make it out to be. The only items removed were the ones that caused the trouble for most users. All the data you need is still there. The new software allows you to set up the display with the items you want in the order you want. It will save that setting until you change it again in the future. So if you only want 5 items on the screen set it up that way, if you want 20 items then set it up that way, your choice. If anyone thinks it's the same as the old SERT you are not look at it or useing it very much at all. Yes things got changed but instead trying to use it and truely seeing all the changes and what you can now do, it looks like some just are not open to change. All the old files can be played back on the new software but the new recordings will not play back on old software. It's been that way since the first version was released through HD back in 2002! These changes were not made to do anything but improve the product.

There is more that has been added then has been removed with the new data streams that have been asked for. So why is it that some one would say it is bate and switch or crippled software? You have a more powerful tool than you have ever had with the latest version. If you guys could come here and show me what is missing and why it is needed instead of crying that the sky is falling I would be more than happy to see what we can do in future updates. It is very obivious to me that those crying have not event spent the time to learn the new updates or work with them. I know some of you are not going to like what I've said but quit the crying already and come present what is missing and why it is useful. Just saying it was there before isn't going to be good enough present a real case of what and why its needed and I will take that useful information and see about getting it brought into future releases just as we always have.

As far as class training or a DVD to be made it is completely the lack of interest from you the users that have made that decision, not us. We offered and got less than a total responce of 20 people that showed any interest. The cost to do it cannot be recovered with less than 20 people. We were not and are not looking to make money on it.

Last edited by Steve Cole; 02-18-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information