Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 01:59 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiac69
Ok so i got my tune for the dealer today. At 1st i thought he was pulling a fast one because he said he couldnt find it. He said he updated it and lost everyones files. So he called TTS and they told him where to find it. Then we put it on a flash drive so its in my posession now. Doc at TTS said to send him the tune and he will look it over. So i did. He emailed me right back and said that he couldnt help becauce the tune is a mess. He said who ever did the tune didnt know what he was doing. He said to start over. He recommended J and P cycle in Pa. I called Dave at J & P and he said it will cost 450 and thats for a full blown tune, 4-6 hrs worth. He said it will be perfect. But he cant get me in for 2 months because he is so busy. I may try to tune myself starting with a canned map that TTS suggested. Then with a laptop run a bunch of vtunes and see where i am at. All of this was because i get decel poping. Well today i put in BCT QQ baffles. No more decel poping. I guess because it causes more back pressure. Dave at J&P said that the big shots run better with the qq baffles. The best thing is to have a good tune.

Welcome to my world! Your guy was about as bad as the Yuill Bro's and RC Cycles Tune I received! Both claim to know what their doing. remember, just because they have a Dyno doesn't give them the right to call themselves a "Tuner" I personally don't think many guys out there with a Dyno know what their doing. I truly don't believe I'll ever know what a good/nice running HD feels like! But I've given up and trust no one with a Dyno. The next one will likely remain stock!

Old 07-13-2011, 06:17 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Ok so i got my tune for the dealer today. At 1st i thought he was pulling a fast one because he said he couldnt find it. He said he updated it and lost everyones files. So he called TTS and they told him where to find it. Then we put it on a flash drive so its in my posession now. Doc at TTS said to send him the tune and he will look it over. So i did. He emailed me right back and said that he couldnt help becauce the tune is a mess. He said who ever did the tune didnt know what he was doing. He said to start over. He recommended J and P cycle in Pa. I called Dave at J & P and he said it will cost 450 and thats for a full blown tune, 4-6 hrs worth. He said it will be perfect. But he cant get me in for 2 months because he is so busy. I may try to tune myself starting with a canned map that TTS suggested. Then with a laptop run a bunch of vtunes and see where i am at. All of this was because i get decel poping. Well today i put in BCT QQ baffles. No more decel poping. I guess because it causes more back pressure. Dave at J&P said that the big shots run better with the qq baffles. The best thing is to have a good tune.
You can work on getting a close tune your self while you wait for an appointment with JP, Doc recommended a good tuner for you. JP is who I will take my 06 Ultra to next spring when I do a 120 build this coming winter.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:53 AM
On Deck
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
Welcome to my world! Your guy was about as bad as the Yuill Bro's and RC Cycles Tune I received! Both claim to know what their doing. remember, just because they have a Dyno doesn't give them the right to call themselves a "Tuner" I personally don't think many guys out there with a Dyno know what their doing. I truly don't believe I'll ever know what a good/nice running HD feels like! But I've given up and trust no one with a Dyno. The next one will likely remain stock!
Interesting! I also had a RC Cycles dyno "tune" - totally F'd it up - not even close & used the wrong settings - total waste of $450 hard earned bucks!

Old 07-13-2011, 07:07 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I may just throw in the canned map that TTS suggested. I still dont feel that confident about the vtune runs. You know strappen a laptop to the bike and recording a the runs. Then do i make the changes manually to the areas that are needed? I have read the manual and to me its not that user friendly.

Last edited by pontiac69; 07-13-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:44 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by On Deck
Interesting! I also had a RC Cycles dyno "tune" - totally F'd it up - not even close & used the wrong settings - total waste of $450 hard earned bucks!

Wiz is likely shaking his head at this one! He knows what I've been thru- and now he sees another victim.. Sad part about it, Yuill and RC are now TTS distributors and getting away with how their product is being misused. RC uses the 103 Map for a 96" motor, because the 103 uses the 96 Cams, then he sets EVERYTNIG to Closed Loop! My issue is now, RC droped in a 96 Map, WITHOUT doing anything else, Yup, no remap, no Dyno, NO NOTHING. So, I now have a TTS canned Map for a 96, with a Dyno tune for a 103. Again, welcome to my world! I've been scammed out of over $800.00 for a "tune" and still have nothing to show for it, except a much lighter wallet! Another funny bit of info, Trust no one, RC pulled my plugs and said I had NGK's in it, when I knowingly had Stock ones. I had tried NGK Iridium's, then replaced them with stock, long before he got his hands on my bike, he hands me NON Iridium's.....Then had the ***** to charger me for new plugs!!!! Trust NO ONE my friend, except Wiz and Doc!
Wiz, wish you lived closer and one day when I get organized, we will hook up to each others computer. If you'll except me.

Last edited by BlockHead96; 07-13-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
Wiz is likely shaking his head at this one! He knows what I've been thru- and now he sees another victim.. Sad part about it, Yuill and RC are now TTS distributors and getting away with how their product is being misused. RC uses the 103 Map for a 96" motor, because the 103 uses the 96 Cams, then he sets EVERYTNIG to Closed Loop! My issue is now, RC droped in a 96 Map, WITHOUT doing anything else, Yup, no remap, no Dyno, NO NOTHING. So, I now have a TTS canned Map for a 96, with a Dyno tune for a 103. Again, welcome to my world! I've been scammed out of over $800.00 for a "tune" and still have nothing to show for it, except a much lighter wallet! Another funny bit of info, Trust no one, RC pulled my plugs and said I had NGK's in it, when I knowingly had Stock ones. I had tried NGK Iridium's, then replaced them with stock, long before he got his hands on my bike, he hands me NON Iridium's.....Then had the ***** to charger me for new plugs!!!! Trust NO ONE my friend, except Wiz and Doc!
Wiz, wish you lived closer and one day when I get organized, we will hook up to each others computer. If you'll except me.
I've been wondering what the heck happened to you and where you've been. I also remember you telling me the NGK story which is outlandish still but to say you trust no one? There are many really good dyno guys out there. Unfortunately you stepped out of one pile-o-**** into another one. Clean off your boots and get busy doing your own tune and turn that frown upside down.

What's funny is... the last two tunes I worked on for others turned out to be crap... total crap and it has given me a bad attitude toward myself. So I pulled my email address from this site for a while. One day I need to get to my four bikes and get them tuned.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Sporty 48
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Opinion

I bought the TTS thinking it was the best self tuner out there and it probably is.
That does not mean it is easy.
I ended up going to a dyno tuner that uses TTS with an excellent reputation in Augusta, Maine, BigBoys Cycles. What I learned was worth the money and I got a great tune too.
Still, I need to be able to hook up a laptop and a display so I can make adjustments as my bike changes. That is where I am stuck now. My current laptop is full of stuff that would kill me to replace. But I can ride happily until I get my stuff together to Vtune.
So, think portable laptop and a remote display to be able to hit all the spots on the table. I got a set of saddlebags. Used duct tape before.
Do not give up. You are not alone.
There is so much horse power and torque at good fuel mileage available with the TTS.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:24 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
I've been wondering what the heck happened to you and where you've been. I also remember you telling me the NGK story which is outlandish still but to say you trust no one? There are many really good dyno guys out there. Unfortunately you stepped out of one pile-o-**** into another one. Clean off your boots and get busy doing your own tune and turn that frown upside down.

What's funny is... the last two tunes I worked on for others turned out to be crap... total crap and it has given me a bad attitude toward myself. So I pulled my email address from this site for a while. One day I need to get to my four bikes and get them tuned.

Like I said, I trust you and Doc. Doc, from what I hear and read, you, for your knowledge, results and from our personal conversation. Hell, you're doing this over the internet, remote hook up, phone or whatever, and attaining better results than some guy behind a Dyno overcharging you. You've proven to be honest, reliable and trust worthy. I just wish you didn't live on the other side..

Old 07-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Sporty 48
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2's

Mr. Wiz,
Chin up, you have been a lot of help to me just by reading your posts helping others.
The most common problem is the placement of the O2 sensors in other than stock bikes. Sometimes even the stockers the O2 sensors are bad.
Hard to get a good tune when the oxygen sensors do not get a good sniff of the exhaust.

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard

Old 07-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

I may just throw in the canned map that TTS suggested. I still dont feel that confident about the vtune runs. You know strappen a laptop to the bike and recording a the runs. Then do i make the changes manually to the areas that are needed? I have read the manual and to me its not that user friendly.
Ahhh just jump in. Lots of help available. The manual will make more sense once you start to use the programs. Just remember to save your factory calibration in a couple of different places. If something doesn't work out you can always go back to the last map that did. One thing that really helps is to have your files organized so it is easy to know where and what your data is.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information