Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Only dumb question is one that is not asked.

... seems today I'm stupid.

I'm working with two bikes. Neither will tune in low RPM without going lean. 02 sensors are either stock or have been modified to be in the stream. More you VTune the lower they go until it won't idle and/or has a dead spot just off idle.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Yabiah
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all! I still don't think I'm getting the most out of my bike the the TTS.
I'll be doing another full tune next week.
Is there anybody here in Az that could help me out? A tuner extraordinaire?
I've got a 3k mile trip planned in two weeks and I'd like to get it dialed in before I leave.
I went from V&H slip ons with Xied's to a stage 1 intake and TTS.
Not really feeling the difference except the bike runs hotter without the Xied's.

Last edited by Yabiah; 05-29-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Steve George, the owner of http://www.fullsac.com/

He is a TTS dealer with dyno.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:52 PM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard

I'm working with two bikes. Neither will tune in low RPM without going lean. 02 sensors are either stock or have been modified to be in the stream. More you VTune the lower they go until it won't idle and/or has a dead spot just off idle.
Did you figure out the problem with those bikes? Would EGR cause a problem like that? Just curious as to what you found was the problem

Old 05-28-2011, 07:09 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Try different cals. When a number of cals sound close... I have found it best to try them all for idle quality first. Some of this crap gets weird at times, as you know.

Also, try cam tool first, before v-tuning. Sometimes that will help idle quality.

Instead of ***** nilly tuning, with v-tune, like we have doing... there seems to be some steps that make it work out better. One is... out of the box... which base cal sounds best at idle and is crispest when bumping throttle? Next, run cam tool. Next would be to lower idle rpm to 800 and v-tune 800 to 1200 areas. Set the idle back up to 1000 (956) and v-tune the rest. What year bikes? Reason I ask is if they are 10s or 11s and had exhaust changed... the O2s may be swapped.

I'm stumped after that without being there.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 05-28-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:40 PM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did my cam data today and found I had a IVO of 5. So I tried that in the bike and it had a map reading at idle around 44 . I thought that was high so I tried a 4 and the map went down to app 34. It seemed to idle better at 4 so I guess give it a try.

Stock 07 Ultra with ness big sucker a/c and vane and hines slip ons

Old 05-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Yabiah
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Steve George, the owner of http://www.fullsac.com/

He is a TTS dealer with dyno.
Thanks Mr Wizard! I'll have to give him a call.
Is he on the forum?

Old 05-29-2011, 12:38 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rahall
The following step-by-step guide was posted in another HDF thread:

http://www.box.net/shared/r8tjtirh3r

The link above is dead. Does anyone have a current, valid link (I'm just starting to learn tuning with TTS)?

Thanks

Old 05-29-2011, 05:46 AM
bikebuilderdude
Advanced
Old 05-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
Try different cals. When a number of cals sound close... I have found it best to try them all for idle quality first. Some of this crap gets weird at times, as you know.

Also, try cam tool first, before v-tuning. Sometimes that will help idle quality.

Instead of ***** nilly tuning, with v-tune, like we have doing... there seems to be some steps that make it work out better. One is... out of the box... which base cal sounds best at idle and is crispest when bumping throttle? Next, run cam tool. Next would be to lower idle rpm to 800 and v-tune 800 to 1200 areas. Set the idle back up to 1000 (956) and v-tune the rest. What year bikes? Reason I ask is if they are 10s or 11s and had exhaust changed... the O2s may be swapped.

I'm stumped after that without being there.
Thanks WT... been there, done that. Also, these bikes aren't baggers. If the sensors were swapped the VE's would climb, not get down to the 40's in the first three tables.

I'm seeing a lot of this lately, VE's crash and burn, bike stumbles off throttle up not only at idle. Doesn't matter which calibration, which IVO/C. Don't want to guess and cause damage or issues. I'm sure it's me... it's not the product.

Hey, I've said this time and time again. I'm not the sharpest tack in the box but I may have to turn these over to TTS.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information