Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 08:08 PM
CompLeak
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Sure is quiet all of a sudden. This is easy. Come on you new guys... what do you look for?
I'm definately a new guy. I've had my tuner for 1 week and just joined the forum today. But from what I've read so far, I would suspect the IVO number may be too low for a stock cam? If the injectors are firing too early that may be puddling fuel and not burning completely at low rpm's. This might cause the AFR to appear rich to the O2 sensors and lower the VE's during a VTUNE as well. After getting away from idle and getting rpm's up, the engine may have enough air velocity to help mask the early injectors and seem to run fine and have normal VE's above 1500 rpm's. Just a guess at your answer. Maybe I should have just picked answer C?

Old 05-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by CompLeak
I'm definately a new guy. I've had my tuner for 1 week and just joined the forum today. But from what I've read so far, I would suspect the IVO number may be too low for a stock cam? If the injectors are firing too early that may be puddling fuel and not burning completely at low rpm's. This might cause the AFR to appear rich to the O2 sensors and lower the VE's during a VTUNE as well. After getting away from idle and getting rpm's up, the engine may have enough air velocity to help mask the early injectors and seem to run fine and have normal VE's above 1500 rpm's. Just a guess at your answer. Maybe I should have just picked answer C?
Nice try. But it wouldn't be the cam numbers.

Hint... (aftermarket)

Pretend I used the cam analyzer and my number was 3. I've already tuned several times and it idled fine in the beginning.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 05-24-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:55 PM
CompLeak
6th Gear

Originally Posted by jimclaypool
When I start my Vtune both sensor activity lights stay green before I get on the road and up to speed. When I play back the Vtune data I see them flashing as I am accumulating the Vtune data. Try playing back your Vtune Histogram session and see if the activity lights are flashing then.
Hey Jim,
Just in case someone was curious, I ran the histogram again like you mentioned. The front and back O2 sensor lights never even blink once in my two runs. Something must have changed with the 2011 bikes and the software just doesn't indicate the activity anymore. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:06 PM
CompLeak
6th Gear

Hint... (aftermarket)

Pretend I used the cam analyzer and my number was 3. I've already tuned several times and it idled fine in the beginning.
The exhaust cross-over in the 2-1-2 pipes is allowing fresh oxygen to corrupt the O2 sensor from the other cylinder because of low exhaust velcocity at idle rpm's. (Exhaust Reversion)

Old 05-24-2011, 09:38 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Darn Len... I thought you had that thing fixed by now.

LOL, I gave up, it runs! When it takes a ****, it's a good excuse to by my Street Glide!

Old 05-25-2011, 05:35 AM
jimclaypool
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Completed 5 Vtune runs and bike seems to run great now. Here is the data for review by anyone!! (This is an 07 Ultra, stock cams, SE performance exhaust and SE AC)

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-front-ve.jpg   TTS Mastertune Information-front-vtune.jpg   TTS Mastertune Information-rear-ve.jpg   TTS Mastertune Information-rear-vtune.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 07:48 AM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Hint... (aftermarket)

Okay I'll take a shot.

O2 sensors not in the exhaust stream properly?

Old 05-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by uscanuck
Okay I'll take a shot.

O2 sensors not in the exhaust stream properly?
Yup... #1 issue to look for with aftermarket pipes.

OK... another Wiz Quiz

Same scenario but...

VE's continue to RISE in this same area as well as others.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:28 PM
user 9375875
Banned

Originally Posted by CompLeak
Hey Jim,
Just in case someone was curious, I ran the histogram again like you mentioned. The front and back O2 sensor lights never even blink once in my two runs. Something must have changed with the 2011 bikes and the software just doesn't indicate the activity anymore. Thanks for the suggestion.
This is a known Datamaster bug that only affects 2011 bikes with a level 44 calibration. A fix is in place, but has not been released on the updater as yet.

You can plot the O2 values in the data and see if they are showing good activity.

--Gary

Old 05-25-2011, 10:35 PM
CompLeak
6th Gear

Thanks Gary. I just found that out today directly from TTS. What puzzles me is that the sensors are showing activity, just not as much as I would have expected. Most of the time they are up at 1500mV. I sent a picture of it to TTS and now I'm waiting to see if they think that is something that needs to be corrected as well.

Robert

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information