Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by N-gin
Now that you mension the O2 sensors. I went to revieve the histogram and the O2 activity and what do ya know the O2 are reading less with each V-tune.
Pulled the O2s and they are covered in white from the 110 octane I was runnin.
Now I have to clean them and redo my V-tune.
This would also explain why every tune I did I was getting less performance.
Thank you!
Nooooooooooooo... don't clean them. The outer case is just that, an outer case with louvers that let air in and air out, they must have flow across them. That's why if you don't have the proper bung port the flow will not be there in lower RPM's. If you get crap or fluid inside the sensor outer case then may as well go to the parts counter... let them ride. The problem is not the crust on the louvers. On the 2010 and up small heated sensors I will not even touch the sensor with my fingers. They are too fragile.

Go back to your last VTune file. Highlight all the very low VE's and click on Set to original. Do that for both cylinders. Go to your AFR tables and find the same area. Take it out of closed loop. VTune will not adjust that area.

Do that and go ride. The sensors will clean themselves.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:45 PM
niczumbo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a different question about the TTS.i put it on last winter with my new cams and A/C and did a couple of tunes.so far so good.this winter i added V and H big shots and havent been able to tune it yet but the problem is on start up it runs a bit rich(puff of black smoke) so according to the guide i either remove fuel from the warmup enrichment table or the engine cranking table at the temp it occurs.so,how much do i remove for the appropriate temp? it goes by tenths.or will it cure itself after a few more tunes?

Old 05-01-2011, 04:01 PM
N-gin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wipped them off and blew them off. No solvents used. I am familiar with handling O2s. Good info here. This is the best tread for tunning.
I will be starting from scratch, as the fuel wasnt correct it might have effected even the higher VE fuel cells. Thanks for all your help Im sure I will have more questions in the future.
Cheers

Is there a maximum VE setting? I read through and all it says is If they are maxed out you will need to up the displacement of your engine. Are they refering to a number in the VE tables like 127% ???

Last edited by N-gin; 05-01-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:45 PM
N-gin
Road Captain

How would I know if my VE tables are maxed??? I read through the guide but I fail to understand it? Is there a number like 127% ???

Old 05-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by N-gin
How would I know if my VE tables are maxed??? I read through the guide but I fail to understand it? Is there a number like 127% ???
yeah... it's either 125.7 or 127.5. can't remember. When I see values go into the 120's I change CI and start over.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by niczumbo
i have a different question about the TTS.i put it on last winter with my new cams and A/C and did a couple of tunes.so far so good.this winter i added V and H big shots and havent been able to tune it yet but the problem is on start up it runs a bit rich(puff of black smoke) so according to the guide i either remove fuel from the warmup enrichment table or the engine cranking table at the temp it occurs.so,how much do i remove for the appropriate temp? it goes by tenths.or will it cure itself after a few more tunes?
Adjust at 10% at a time and test.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:15 PM
DirtNap
Road Captain

I need a map for a stage 11,, 95'' closed loop build with 203 cams,,b engine with D&D lowcats ,,,Anyone know a good base map for this build

Old 05-01-2011, 09:20 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

if a person does some spark data runs and gets .05-2* of timing pulled in low rpm, high kpa areas is that an issue? I would get a few seconds of .05-2* of timing pulled when wacking the throttle in 5th or 6th gear at 50-60mph slight upgrades, ie lugging situations that I normally would not be doing but trying to log as much data as possible.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by DirtNap
I need a map for a stage 11,, 95'' closed loop build with 203 cams,,b engine with D&D lowcats ,,,Anyone know a good base map for this build
DAE176

Just set your cam selector and do your cam analyzer first.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:12 PM
DirtNap
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
DAE176

Just set your cam selector and do your cam analyzer first.
thanks ...I'm going have to do some reading ...The cam selector and analyzer must be new ..I updated last night but didn't look into the changes ...Sounds nice ...

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information