Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:22 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Dayummm

Your up swing is 5 but up swings more at 6. It's OK to use one number less. Just me, but I would use 5 Jim.

6 is a very late opening cam.

What cam are you running?
I'm begining to wonder about this whole cam tune deal. Call me lazy but when I set up the .mt8 maps for both trikes with the TW555's I used the advertised intake open and closed numbers to set them up. After running several v-tunes on them I will say they idled smooth ran smooth and pulled pretty darn hard. This coming saturday the 1st one will be put on the dyno so we'll see how it tunes. Just going by how well they run I'm not messing with the IVO or IVC setting I have right now.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:28 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought the first bend no matter how slight was the corrrect one?

Old 04-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
I thought the first bend no matter how slight was the corrrect one?
I was told the steepest up swing was the number to use. Then I went back and read this... it says "begins to head up at a steeper angle". It also says it's ok to use one lower number. Darn thing is confusing. There is less written about the EGR and Baro. Hopefully they will get the manual updated and put in some plain language as to what we are looking for and why. Time will tell.

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-ivo-page-77.jpg  
Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jimclaypool
Now I am a little confused on the IVO setting from the analyzer graph. Here is my graph and I thought for sure the setting was a 5, BUT I also have the noted second upswing at 6. Does this mean that I could/should use 6 instead of 5? I thought I looked just like the sample in the CAMtune help file, but I am having doubts now.
I would use 4 or 5, definitely not 6. My graph looked identical to yours (stock cam 103) and the setting of 4 seems to be best for my bike.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:45 AM
gdaustin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual clarification

I have updated all the software today and I was reviewing the manual before I went and started a new cal since I have a few days off from work. I noticed in the detail section for the lambda table it says to set the cells for .981 for all that will allow. I look at the flow chart and it says set them to .977. Not sure which ones to use. Also the detail section has you changing the lambda values and the PE value but the flow chart also has you setting the AE to 0. I would like to go and start this today but need someone who does this to clarify what actually needs to be adjusted and to what values. Also I have seen some posts that state you should set the knock retard table to 0. If you need to disable the knock retard can you just disable it in the ECM tuning constants knock control tab. I would think this would do the same as setting the adaptive knock retard table to 0. thanks.

Last edited by gdaustin; 04-27-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:49 PM
jimclaypool
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blusmbl
I would use 4 or 5, definitely not 6. My graph looked identical to yours (stock cam 103) and the setting of 4 seems to be best for my bike.
Nick, I was wondering what the factor was that made your setting best at 4 instead of 5. I tried both 4 and 5 on my bike and it seemed to run the same on either IVO setting after the Vtunes. Thought maybe I missed a little something in how it was running that I may need to recheck based on your input.

Thanks!

Old 04-27-2011, 01:14 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gdaustin
I have updated all the software today and I was reviewing the manual before I went and started a new cal since I have a few days off from work. I noticed in the detail section for the lambda table it says to set the cells for .981 for all that will allow. I look at the flow chart and it says set them to .977. Not sure which ones to use. Also the detail section has you changing the lambda values and the PE value but the flow chart also has you setting the AE to 0. I would like to go and start this today but need someone who does this to clarify what actually needs to be adjusted and to what values. Also I have seen some posts that state you should set the knock retard table to 0. If you need to disable the knock retard can you just disable it in the ECM tuning constants knock control tab. I would think this would do the same as setting the adaptive knock retard table to 0. thanks.
according to Mike Cole go with 0.981. both AE and DE set to 0 and correct on disabling the Knock via tuning constands tab.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:08 PM
gdaustin
Advanced

Originally Posted by mtclassic
according to Mike Cole go with 0.981. both AE and DE set to 0 and correct on disabling the Knock via tuning constands tab.

Thanks a bunch and I will start it tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will not rain.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:38 PM
frydaddy96
Cruiser

Just to expound a bit on the IVO and lambda. On another forum, Mr. Cole says(my words not his exactly) try either number and see what your engine likes better. On my bike, the estimator for the 255 cam comes out with a 5 and 2 but the DUH205 has 3 and 2. When I run the cam data, it has a slight break at 3 and a steeper break at 4. When I get time to do more tuning I will try the 4 just to see if there is any difference. As for lambda, .977 and .981 will keep the ECM in closed loop, but he says .981 is the better to use.

Steve

Old 04-27-2011, 08:29 PM
N-gin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well did the first V-tune(s) today after work. I did three The first I had no clue what I was doin. The second I found out you have to download the v-tne from before to run another. After I got that swuared away I looked at my tables and found out I was only hitting 2-3 blocks in the white... This was going to take a long **** time I was thinking. Then I asked myself why is a dyno faster..AHAAA. My third v-tune I hit the highway put it in 6 gear and did 10 rollons 55MPH to 100 MPH. Then on the way back did WOT 6 gear runs from 60-100MPH. I have most of the cells filled.
I was having a blast Tuning, and it is soooooo easy.
Bike feels a lot better.
Does anyone know how to post a snap shot of the hystogram? Idles smother and roll-puts a big smile on my face

I FORGOT I HAD 110 OCTANE
NOW IM GOING TO HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN!

IM thinking of doin my timing tune with 92 Octane and then running 93 after I get the timing tables completed. Just in case I go somwere and there fuel is bad. What you guys think

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information