Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 08:30 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

So I have to do a regular V tune then a cam tune or the other way around?

Old 04-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Sporty 48
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checked Out Existing Tunes

Went to the MT Delphi Calibrations file listing and the Sportster stuff is still all MT7 files.
Sent an email to Doc asking what to do, what I might have done wrong.
Will post updates.
At work I always waited for the second or third revision before updating any software.
Now just a little confused but resolved not to pay for a dyno tune.....yet.
Besides, the money is all gone.
Ha!

Old 04-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
So I have to do a regular V tune then a cam tune or the other way around?
Cam settings comes first.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by Sporty 48
Went to the MT Delphi Calibrations file listing and the Sportster stuff is still all MT7 files.
Sent an email to Doc asking what to do, what I might have done wrong.
Will post updates.
At work I always waited for the second or third revision before updating any software.
Now just a little confused but resolved not to pay for a dyno tune.....yet.
Besides, the money is all gone.
Ha!
Haven't seen your issue yet with the software... you may have better luck asking TTS than trying Doc.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Sporty 48
Novice
Default Thanks

Mr. Wizard,

Just sent an email to: sales@ttspowersystems.com describing the problem.

We shall see what happens.

Sporty 48

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Haven't seen your issue yet with the software... you may have better luck asking TTS than trying Doc.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Old 04-16-2011, 11:06 AM
gdaustin
Advanced

I see in the manual that you can do a cam cal but it says IVO can be done y us DIYers but the IVC must be done on a dyno. Is this a true statement as I would think that since most everything else can be done without a dyno why does the IVC require one? I thought the only reason for a dyno with the TTS was to get the fine tuning that is not possible by running the vtune software. Also a cam tune is done before a vtune run or do you do a vtune then cam then vtune again? Thanks.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Dont mean to interrupt youre discussion i've been following this thread for a while then this morning I ordered a tts mastertune, I guess i'll be asking dumb questions in the next few weeks.

I've made some change to my exhaust and putted a bigsucker II on the fxdwg2010 (no remap or tuning device) as far as i'm concerned the bike doesnt not have any running issues ...

Old 04-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by gdaustin
I see in the manual that you can do a cam cal but it says IVO can be done y us DIYers but the IVC must be done on a dyno. Is this a true statement as I would think that since most everything else can be done without a dyno why does the IVC require one? I thought the only reason for a dyno with the TTS was to get the fine tuning that is not possible by running the vtune software. Also a cam tune is done before a vtune run or do you do a vtune then cam then vtune again? Thanks.
The IVC has to be done on a dyno as the bike has to be held at 3500 rpm and then data logged from 60-100 kpa in 3-5 kpa increments. Your afr has to be calibrated to a steady open loop value. 13:1 is recommended to keep the bike cool for the test, which has to be done for all 3 values. You only have 3 choices so you will have to trust the estimator for that. You should do IVO before vtuning as if you change from the estimator it will alter your ve values. Using the egr tables will smooth out your ve tables below 60 kpa. These values can be raised or lowered depending on the ve values to the left of 60 kpa.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Mr. Wizard;8195062]B.... We have plenty of room and a furnished guest house if you can't stand my snoring echoing though the house. Plenty of bike/trike parking. We can put your trike on the lift in the morning and finish the tune later that day.

Very generous and thank you for the invite. We are in the same situation if you get down our way due to your private issues. Garage is reserved for bikes only and you and the wifey, have the other half of the house to yourselves. That being said, our German Shepherd might decide to jump into the bed with you (lol). BTW, I don't snore, but Susie does. Do I have to bring my own root beers??

Dealer found a couple of issues on the first service I was not aware of. No big deal, but proves they are on top of the bike. They are very surprised with how well she runs, imagine that? Parts are on order and we are waiting on Robert from Ultra Cool to send us the oil cooler.

What's up with LW's previous post? We can't dyno a Trike here as you know or anywhere close by, so how do we deal with this?
B.....

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information