Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 01:18 AM
roadglider09
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new computer & retune

Last year I used Mastertune with an older HP......just bought a new laptop and deceided to have some fun. This time I used an O2 bias of 684 trying to richen it up some. I was pleasantly surprised after the last Vtune that there was no decel pop and the bike runs great. Haven't checked fuel mileage yet but a cooler engine is better....thought I would share the info.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:54 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by roadglider09
Last year I used Mastertune with an older HP......just bought a new laptop and deceided to have some fun. This time I used an O2 bias of 684 trying to richen it up some. I was pleasantly surprised after the last Vtune that there was no decel pop and the bike runs great. Haven't checked fuel mileage yet but a cooler engine is better....thought I would share the info.
Give the ECM a chance to adapt, about 3 tanks of gas or so. It should help smooth out the motor a bit and gas mileage should improve.

The new MT8 calibrations will be out very soon. If they are half as good as a test calibration that I'm using from TTS then the new MT8's are going to be a big hit.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:25 AM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If changing the O2 sensor voltage bias only changes AFR, then why is there a need to vtune? Does changing O2 bias, or the AFR table, impact VE? I don't believe I fully understand this.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Sporty 48
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Do it!

Atrain,
There is a lot more to it than that.
Maybe if you take a few minutes to scroll through the users manual that will show you what is involved.
Or, We ain't in Kansas anymore Dorothy, that ECU has lots of computing power! Pure smooth torque and HP is what you get!!!

Originally Posted by atrain68
If changing the O2 sensor voltage bias only changes AFR, then why is there a need to vtune? Does changing O2 bias, or the AFR table, impact VE? I don't believe I fully understand this.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:24 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Sporty 48
Atrain,
There is a lot more to it than that.
Maybe if you take a few minutes to scroll through the users manual that will show you what is involved.
Or, We ain't in Kansas anymore Dorothy, that ECU has lots of computing power! Pure smooth torque and HP is what you get!!!
Read the manual? I never thought of that.

I understand the relationship between O2 voltage bias and closed loop AFR. I understand open loop AFR. What I don't understand is why the vtune process is needed if you change the closed loop AFR settings? There is no mention of needing to re-vtune if you change the open loop AFR settings. Is there a relationship between closed loop AFR and VE that I have yet to comprehend?

Old 03-24-2011, 04:20 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Give the ECM a chance to adapt, about 3 tanks of gas or so. It should help smooth out the motor a bit and gas mileage should improve.

The new MT8 calibrations will be out very soon. If they are half as good as a test calibration that I'm using from TTS then the new MT8's are going to be a big hit.
I hope they get it released before the end of April, the 1st trike hits the dyno the last Saturday of the month. Would love to be able to use the MT8 format. In the meantime I'm going to do some v-tunes on my dads once Mother Nature quits dumping on us and it warms up some.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:58 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I am new to the TTS will an Acer netbook 10.1 with 250GB hd and 1G memory be sufficient?

Old 03-27-2011, 06:32 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
I am new to the TTS will an Acer netbook 10.1 with 250GB hd and 1G memory be sufficient?

More than enough. Just make sure you follow the instructions for setting up the netbook not to turn off via time or when the lid closes. If you have a HD impact sensor try to disable it.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:04 AM
atrain68
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
More than enough. Just make sure you follow the instructions for setting up the netbook not to turn off via time or when the lid closes. If you have a HD impact sensor try to disable it.
Also check the condition of your battery. I quickly found out my battery was not holding a charge for more than forty five minutes. I bought a new high capacity battery on fleabay for $31 and it will last 4-5 hours. BTW, the same battery from my manufacturer was $140 and it's literally the same battery.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by atrain68
I understand the relationship between O2 voltage bias and closed loop AFR. I understand open loop AFR. What I don't understand is why the vtune process is needed if you change the closed loop AFR settings? There is no mention of needing to re-vtune if you change the open loop AFR settings. Is there a relationship between closed loop AFR and VE that I have yet to comprehend?
When vtuning you are calibrating your ve tables with the clb voltage (target afr) you have selected. If you used 450 (14.68) and then you change it to 800 (14.23) your ve tables will be off. IIRC you are also supposed to apply the offset you vtune with to the open loop areas.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information