Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:18 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I called Rinehart to ask about any known issues with air reversion when using the stock crossover exhaust. The guy I spoke with was really helpful and even ran the issue by some other techs. The answer is since the mufflers on both sides are the same high flow type, the very nature of the stock header does allow air to confuse the rear o2 sensor at lower rpms. I'm sure this can be worked around by an open loop setting or using the inexpensive air reversion part I mentioned a couple posts up.

Bottom line is this is not a Rinehart issue. This problem needs to be tuned out, use different headers, or using an anti air reversion / anti decel pop type of insert. Hope this helps if anyone has the same problem.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by atrain68
the very nature of the stock header does allow air to confuse the rear o2 sensor at lower rpms. I'm sure this can be worked around by an open loop setting or using the inexpensive air reversion part I mentioned a couple posts up.

Bottom line is this is not a Rinehart issue. This problem needs to be tuned out, use different headers, or using an anti air reversion / anti decel pop type of insert. Hope this helps if anyone has the same problem.
I had a look at your data file and attached a snip of what is going on. You can see the result of the fresh air resulting in the low o2 voltage. If the insert doesn't work just plug the left pipe and tune these areas. You may then have to take this area out of closed loop to eliminate messing with adaptive fuel control.

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-rear-o2-voltage.jpg  
Old 03-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Subtrane
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unable to read ECM Info 1 Message

This may have been answered but I didn't see any post on this and tried a search on this error. Does anyone know what is going on? or how to correct this? So I can communicate and get started using this. Any help is greatly appreciatied. Thank you in advance.

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-img_0204.jpg  
Old 03-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Make sure your bike is turned on and ready to hit the start button before flashing the ECM.

Also, make sure you have selected the proper com port so it can read your ECM. Once all that is ready then hit the "get ECM info" and it will give you the part numbers telling you that all is ready to program.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Subtrane
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Make sure your bike is turned on and ready to hit the start button before flashing the ECM.

Also, make sure you have selected the proper com port so it can read your ECM. Once all that is ready then hit the "get ECM info" and it will give you the part numbers telling you that all is ready to program.

Thanks Mr. Wizard, I figured it had to be user error, just forgot to turn the bike switch on

Got it programmed and of course the battery is dead. Now to charge and start her up. Can't wait to see how she runs. Again thank you for your help.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:38 AM
liverpoolfc
5th Gear

Hey Guys, OK this thread is beyond good, and I know I'll be back to it when and if I run into problems. But I was unable to find what I am looking for when I searched.
My TTS is on order and I'm going to be a "rookie" when it comes to using this. Is there anyone that could PM me or even email me a guide/link that will basically hold my hand through the whole process? I hope this isn't asking alot..
Many Thanks.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by liverpoolfc
Hey Guys, OK this thread is beyond good, and I know I'll be back to it when and if I run into problems. But I was unable to find what I am looking for when I searched.
My TTS is on order and I'm going to be a "rookie" when it comes to using this. Is there anyone that could PM me or even email me a guide/link that will basically hold my hand through the whole process? I hope this isn't asking alot..
Many Thanks.
http://www.mastertune.net/files/calibrations.asp

Go on the right side whatever fits your bike ex. Delphi then manuals and you'll have pretty much info in there.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Ken G H-D Ultra Limited
1st Gear
Default mt8 maps

Hi Ken,

The new MT8 maps should be available for you to upload via the TTS Updater software within a week.

Vickie

T.T.S. Inc.

Phone: 310-669-8101

Fax: 310-669-8130

2010 FLHTK Ultra Limited 103 with a D & D Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust with quiet baffle and a ghost pipe, H-D SE Heavy Breather w/High Flow Air Filter, 6 speaker Hog Tunes with H-D amp, TTS MasterTune and lots of chrome. Putting in a Wood TW-555 cam with cylinder heads ported and polished very soon .

Email: Vickie@ttspowersystems.com

Last edited by Ken G H-D Ultra Limited; 03-23-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: forgot my bike info
Old 03-23-2011, 01:43 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

hehehehehe Great, I just finished tuning the MT7 now I have to start all over. This is a great tuner, so I know the MT 8 will be worth it, heck you got me thinking about swapping cams from S&S 570 ES to the woods 555 now since I can do this myself pretty easily. Will still get a dyno when I am out in Texas though just to make sure I am not screwed up somewhere.

Originally Posted by Ken G H-D Ultra Limited
Hi Ken,

The new MT8 maps should be available for you to upload via the TTS Updater software within a week.

Vickie

T.T.S. Inc.

Phone: 310-669-8101

Fax: 310-669-8130

Email: Vickie@ttspowersystems.com

Old 03-23-2011, 02:15 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got the air reversion disk installed and it works as advertised. I'm on my fourth VTUNE run, each lasting 30-45 minutes. Should I extend the length of time riding for the VTUNE's? I'm getting plenty of good data, but I still not within the 2% range in many cells

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information