Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 03:48 PM
LMS
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

V-Tune
How can I read about doing it?
Can I pull it up in the house computor, or do I need to be hooked up to the bike?

And how hard is this to do, so I can get a new map?

Thanks.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:05 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can go to mastertune.net and download the manual.

In order to VTune on the street yourself, you need a computer hooked to the bike and carried along for the ride (laptop). If you use a dyno to VTune, then just about any computer hooked to the bike will work

Old 02-11-2011, 10:16 PM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dumb question, but does the ECU marry to just the TTS J1850 interface box, or the laptop used as well? From some of the responses it sounds like it's just married to the unit and not whatever computer it's connected to, but I wanted to check prior to buying one as I go through laptops on a semi-regular basis. Thanks!

Old 02-11-2011, 10:32 PM
willie91k
Novice
Default v tune

when the box comes up should ve data be auto extended to the
end of each row do you say yes or no?

Thanks...

Old 02-12-2011, 03:11 AM
porterjet
Tourer

Originally Posted by blusmbl
Dumb question, but does the ECU marry to just the TTS J1850 interface box, or the laptop used as well? From some of the responses it sounds like it's just married to the unit and not whatever computer it's connected to, but I wanted to check prior to buying one as I go through laptops on a semi-regular basis. Thanks!
You can use as many computers as you want.
edit: You will have to copy/paste the maps from one computer to the other, there is no way to read what is on the bike so you will normally be working from the latest map on your computer not what is on the bike. When you make a .1 change in one cell and load it to the bike you are reloading the entire map not just the changes.

Last edited by porterjet; 02-12-2011 at 03:19 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:42 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

10-4, thank you. That makes sense. I work on other stuff where we have realtime cal access, knowing the limitations of the ECU I figured that's how the map structure works. Good to know they can be copied from one computer to another with no issues.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by willie91k
when the box comes up should ve data be auto extended to the
end of each row do you say yes or no?

Thanks...
Don't extend for the first few easy runs for VTune. Wait until your easy cruising ranges are about done before extending your riding area VTunes. In other words... do a normal VTune and take it easy on the throttle the first few times. When you start to ride it harder use the extend button.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:32 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default TTS and Battery Connection

I'm new to TTS and have read through most of this thread, getting pretty long so I skipped some of it. I heard somewhere if you disconnect the battery you will need to reinitialize (probably using the wrong word) the TTS when power is restored to it. Is that true? If it is, how do I do that?

Just read what I wrote, I did a poor job of asking the question. I saw a video once on the TTS, can't find it again.. It said whenever the bike battery is disconnected and power to the bike is lost, you have to do something to get the TTS map working correctly again, I don't know why since the map in the ECM was changed and that should not have to be reinitialized. They did something like, turn the ignition on for 15 seconds, then start the bike, let it run for 20 seconds, then quickly give it throttle and release, I think there was a turn the ignition on and off sequence in there someplace. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Last edited by jjnoble; 02-12-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts
Old 02-12-2011, 07:48 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176

No, but thanks for the attempt. the one I'm talking about is not for loading or saving maps, the map is already in place. It is strictly for when the battery has been disconnected to replace it or clean the terminals or for any other reason. After reconnecting the battery there was a sequence to follow. It might have been turn the ignition on for 20 seconds, then turn it off then back on, start the engine, let it run for 15 or 20 seconds, rev the engine lightly one time, let it settle back to idle and you're good to go.

Has anyone had any trouble with the TTS map after disconnecting the battery? I don't know how old the video was, it might not even apply anymore.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information