Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 07:35 AM
5point56
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you Ultra and Mr Wizard for the responses. I am going to give it a shot. Having just retired and the remainder of the winter, I think I will have enough time to figure it out.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmieJack
I installed the TTS a little over a month ago - downloaded the basic AE176 Cal. map. Between work and bad weather I only got a couple of V tunes in and am far from having it dialed in. I have the SE A/C & SE Street slip ons .....
I've been looking at bolt in cams and found that there are a lot of them out there and a lot of opinions to go with them. I may get a set of SE 204's. I have read a lot of comments on these cams - i.e. there are a lot better cams out there, these are very underated cams, and these cams are good bolt ins but can be a little hard to tune. It is the last comment that I am concerned with - I would like to V tune and make adjustments myself and maybe down the road take it to a Dyno tuner. Are there any readers out there that have personal experience with these cams that have any advice ??? If I do put these cams in should I just continue with this map and do some more V tuning runs ??? Like I mentioned any learning experiences could potentiall save me some time and trouble.

Thanks-
Jimmie
The 204 cams are very similar to the stock cams in the timing aspect of the calibration. Continue with the VTuning of the AE176 is that is the correct base map you need. I say that because you did not mention your motor year model or set up.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by voodoodrug
i was a little eager,thanks mr wiz

its almost got to be the no176 map, and yes i forgot to change the injector to 4.35,will try that tomorrow ,that map ran very smooth except for the intermittent bounceing of the idle and hicup...stall, so guessin it was the injector...will see tomorrow.
Patience is the key to a good tune. Once you change your injectors you will find your VE's will also change considerably. You may also want to increase your cubic inches to something a little higher such as 110.

Take your time, make sure you are running a proper VTune calibration while gathering VTune data.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

i was a little eager,thanks mr wiz

its almost got to be the no176 map, and yes i forgot to change the injector to 4.35,will try that tomorrow ,that map ran very smooth except for the intermittent bounceing of the idle and hicup...stall, so guessin it was the injector...will see tomorrow.
Sometimes I just have too many things going on... VooDoo

You have an 07 and I was reminded by a friend that the 07 injector size is 3.91 not 4.35

Sorry for the confusion

Old 01-03-2011, 03:57 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

thanks for injector size currection,,,its not an easy number to find..did some searches and looked in the manuel..so 3.91 is currect for an 07? it was an inbetween year i think.

ok so i will adjust that.

did my first 911 vtune,scared to go to far,just rode around the neighberhood for 20 minutes. after loading my first(successful) generated map it was an improvement.Enough to venture out to do another run,this time longer about 30 minutes.(38 degrees out)lol will load the secund tune tomorrow and do a third one..ect

far from tuned,hesitates,hicups but less then before

got the hang of the ruitene so with the new injector setting THANK YOU!!! and more runs.

btw how or do I have to address the duration issue sence the base map didnt have a 259 cam selection or will generating enough maps work that out?
thank you dr wizard!

Last edited by voodoodrug; 01-03-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Don't worry about the cam duration. That's all in the calibration that you have no control over. Yes, 3.91 is the correct number for your injectors.

My gut feeling is that you may not have your VTune calibration set up properly. Can you give a brief on what you did to set it up please?

thx

-wiz

Old 01-03-2011, 04:16 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

Just wanted to say the low end is stumbley but improveing...worce then stock(stage1).but once its moveing it jumps to 80mph better then stock(stage1).

drive train is about as quite as stock...thanks to currect base map that other map had me worried.

bub 7 pipes are also sounding better,the wush wush sound at steady throttle is sounding more solid,the idle sound and hiting the throttle sound cant be beat!! bub 7's rock!!

Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

closed loop bias on BOTH cylinders set to 14.6 in the major area of riding anyway....some said 14.5 on the edges

pe set to 10000

bios set to 661 on both cylenders...woud not let me set it to 664 like nanuel???

and now changing the injectors to 3.91 for tomorrow..

sound right?

Old 01-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

closed loop bias on BOTH cylinders set to 14.6 in the major area of riding anyway....some said 14.5 on the edges

pe set to 10000

bios set to 661 on both cylenders...woud not let me set it to 664 like nanuel???

and now changing the injectors to 3.91 for tomorrow..

sound right?
Zero out your AE and DE as they do affect the fueling.

Zero out the Adaptive knock table so it won't remember any timing knock during VTune.

I would recommend 720 on your CLB's with that cam and head work with duals. Did you make the cubic inch change yet?

Once you have completed the VTune process copy and past your new VE tables to the stock NO176 calibration and flash. I would also recommend the attached AFR on your final NO176.

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-voodoo.jpg  
Old 01-03-2011, 04:50 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

ok zeroing out decel enleanment and accel enrichment..clb to 720 thanks

yes, it was actually set at 103.1 per the base map

manuel says us the original afr after final vtune and reflash. the attachment looks like it.ok

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information